Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#39724 - 07/01/10 01:37 AM Re: Satanist with religous parents [Re: DharcDB]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
I'm actually surprised that my mom took it as well (or as un-over dramatically) as she did. When my sister in hear early teens had started listening to Marylin Manson, Gorgorth and Napalm Death, my mom made her go to counseling, started having her medicated and forced her to go to church. I think I may be the favorite in my family. I'm a musician and my main genres are technical death metal, black metal, and funeral doom, and my mom didn't care that I listened to it; she even listens to it now, reasoning that she really likes the instrumentals. When my sister moved out of the house about a year before I did her and my mom starting getting in fights over my sister's boyfriend and his family and wouldn't talk to her for almost 2 years. I'm sure she's going to escalate things between her and myself. And it all comes back to the way she interprets her religion, seeing that anyone who isn't a christian is bad and everything they do, regardless of whether it may be anything at all that a christian would do, is evil. My grandma on my stepdad's side is a reverend, also, and my mom keeps trying not to let her have a bad opinion of the family, so she's constantly reaffirming my grandma that I'm a christian. One day I'm just going to have to sit her down and tell her how shit is and that I expect the same respect for my beliefs that she expects of me and hers. It's never easy trying to tell your parents that you're not what they wanted you to be. I guess they just don't want us to go to hell.

#39731 - 07/01/10 09:22 AM Re: Satanist with religous parents [Re: Clicks]
DharcDB Offline
stranger

Loc: Florida
 Originally Posted By: Clicks
I'm actually surprised that my mom took it as well (or as un-over dramatically) as she did.

Mine will go completely insane, she kicked her daughter out when she came out of the closet. (lesbian, not Satanist)
...my mom made her go to counseling, started having her medicated and forced her to go to church.

I'm pretty sure she would have me in counseling and she would have me exorcised, lol. And I'm already forced to go to a Southern Baptist church.
I think I may be the favorite in my family.

I am pretty sure that I am too, but when I tell, I will be worse than here daughter on the scale of her favorites. (she still argues with her daughter)
I'm a musician and my main genres are technical death metal, black metal, and funeral doom

Are you in a band or something? If so, could I find your music online? It sounds pretty cool.
And it all comes back to the way she interprets her religion, seeing that anyone who isn't a christian is bad and everything they do, regardless of whether it may be anything at all that a christian would do, is evil.

That's exactly how my parents are, and it is quite annoying.
One day I'm just going to have to sit her down and tell her how shit is and that I expect the same respect for my beliefs that she expects of me and hers. It's never easy trying to tell your parents that you're not what they wanted you to be.

I think that will be the hardest part, I don't believe that she will respect my beliefs whatsoever. As far as me not being what they want me to be, if they don't like me, I'm me, I'm not changing for anyone; if they don't like that, they can fuck off.
I guess they just don't want us to go to hell.

If I'm wrong, I'm toast, whatever. I'll happily go to hell then spend my life struggling against my instincts.

#39743 - 07/01/10 02:34 PM Re: Satanist with religous parents [Re: DharcDB]
NeoZombie Offline
pledge

Loc: Minnesota, USA
Consider yourself lucky my family nearly shit themselves when I told them I was not ever going to church; on easter, Xmas, or any Sunday for that matter. Every family get-together I am ivited to usually ends in a group gathering to save the lose soul. Please! They just will never understand the joys of seeking the Black Flame. Grandmother on my dad's side took it hard. So that was the next tactic they used to "save" my soul was the guilt trip. "Your going to give your grandmother a heartattack", they would say.

"Satan works in mysterious ways." LMAO
Glad you could make it!

#39754 - 07/01/10 07:10 PM Re: Satanist with religous parents [Re: NeoZombie]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
I've seen that in most cases, the guilt trip. They beileve you are a lost soul and are going to hell and when you won't convert after they have laid out their 'facts' they will throw as much guilt at you as they can muster. My mom asked me straight up, "Will you do it for me (convert that is)?" I told her no, and she tells me I should be willing to do anything for my mom. I said I would, within reason, and chaning my life, that is MY life, to suit you just doesn't seem within reason to me. Then she tells me my grandma (the reverend) will be disappointed. Well, I don't care. You'd think the christians would consider themselves above giving a guilt trip, too. But, who really follows their religion to the 'T' anyway?

Originally Posted By: DharcDB

I'm a musician and my main genres are technical death metal, black metal, and funeral doom

Are you in a band or something? If so, could I find your music online? It sounds pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/user/astrolmonkey

I don't play with a band, I don't like having other people put their 2 cents into my work. That makes it not so much mine.
I also have no real way of recording right now, so everything I do I just record straight out of guitar pro and throw on youtube. Well, not everything. I think I got like 30 of my about 80 songs up there. It's a little varied. Hope you like.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.