Page 10 of 22 « First<89101112>Last »
Topic Options
#25142 - 05/30/09 01:36 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Nightmare]
love.light.peace Offline
Trolling Hippy
stranger

On Absinthe,

The Traditional French Absinthe Ritual
Absinthe, because of it's bitterness, is traditionally served with a sugar cube. In the late 1800's and early 1900's, it was fashionable to serve the sugar cube on a flat, slotted spoon that held the sugar in place over the glass of absinthe. Water was slowly dripped on the cube, and the resulting syrup dripped through the holes in the spoon and mixed with the absinthe. As the composition of the absinthe liqueur changed, the alcohol percentage dropped, forcing the anise and other essential herbal oils to precipitate out. This caused the absinthe to take on a milky appearance, if it was made properly. (Poorly made absinthe may not show this effect. Additionally, poor absinthe often has color added to it to make it appear an unnatural emerald green.)

The Modern, or "Bohemian" Absinthe Ritual
A new method of sweetening Absinthe has recently become popular. Once the absinthe is poured (now as a shot), a small amount of sugar in a spoon is dipped into the glass, soaked, and withdrawn. The sugar is then set on fire until it melts and caramelizes, and then is stirred into the drink. Cold water is then added to the drink to put out the alcohol fire.

So you can set it on fire if you like. Whether this makes it better or not I'm not so sure. I can't stand the stuff.

#25149 - 05/30/09 03:46 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: love.light.peace]
Scarlett156 Offline
pledge

Loc: rural Eastern Colorado (USA)
Absinthe is an enjoyable liqueur in my opinion. It's not my top favorite alcoholic drink though, and that is: A double shot of Wild Turkey, a pint of Heinekken, and a tall glass of water on the side.

After that red or white wine, I'm not picky as long as it's not sweet. If I have some extra $$$ I will get Mouton Cadet. If I'm really rich, I see what the store or restaurant has available, and keep the tastes of my companion(s) in mind.

And after that I suppose a small tumbler of absinthe with an ice cube in it--I like the taste, so I usually don't take it sugary. Either that or a very dry, very cold martini with a twist.

~~~ yours in Chaos, Scarlett

#26482 - 07/01/09 12:27 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Scarlett156]
Jester Offline
pledge

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I love mojito's or anything with a mint flavour. I mainly drink vodka drinks. I can't really drink beer, as the malt seems to make me sick. Even when I smell beer I start feeling ill. Mojito's are so awesome though. I love the mint flavour, they are smooth, delicious and always make me want more.

#26491 - 07/01/09 01:34 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Jester]
hellbent666
Unregistered

I don't drink but when I did I drank the shit out of Jager and Monster, or red bulls. On ice is the only way to do it!
#26494 - 07/01/09 01:46 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: ]
Jester Offline
pledge

Hellbent...do you have the pre-mixed vodka and rockstar drinks in the states? We have them here in Canada. 6.9% alcohol. Tastes exactly like a rockstar energy drink, but with vodka. I enjoy them. Mainly because I drink normal energy drinks on a daily basis.

Edited by Jester (07/01/09 01:46 AM)

#26496 - 07/01/09 01:56 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Jester]
hellbent666
Unregistered

you're KILLING me jester! I had no idea they made those! Sounds lovely. I can enjoy vodka only in that way, the taste of vodka by itself is a buzz kill for me because it tastes the same going down as it does coming back up \:\( Bad memories of vodka dude \:\(
#26497 - 07/01/09 02:01 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: ]
Jester Offline
pledge

Smirnoff made their own energy/alcohol drink. Don't remember the name of it, it just boasts that it contains guarana. They aren't bad, but you get more bang for your buck with the rockstar. Alcoholic rockstars are 473 ml and the smirnoff ones are 355 ml and they are seperated by like 25 cents in price.

#26561 - 07/01/09 11:18 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Jester]
Satans Scrotum Offline
stranger

Wild Turkey 101, Sailor Jerry's Rum & Jack Daniels.
#28611 - 08/18/09 02:12 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: TornadoCreator]
lefthanded Offline
stranger

Loc: Virginia,Us
damn thats tough but ill go with

jager bombs
jack daniels
budwieser and
jose cuevo black medallion

#28624 - 08/18/09 11:34 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: lefthanded]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I invented one last night that I call a DUI:

After Shock
Jager
Rumple Mintz

#28625 - 08/18/09 11:46 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Just the thought of your drink makes me want to hurl, 6. No offense.

I have had bad, bad experiences with 3 out of the above 4 liquors.

Like they say about 9/11: NEVER AGAIN.

Edited by Nemesis (08/18/09 11:46 AM)
Edit Reason: added an essential comma

#28626 - 08/18/09 11:56 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Nemesis]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

No offense taken. I was looking to get trashed last night, and I accomplished that. The best part about it was that it was free. Gotta love having friends who are bartenders.

#28632 - 08/18/09 09:41 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
FlowerPower81 Offline
stranger

Loc: VA
Your the kind of people that get them bartenders in trouble! You ass! LMAO! Cant say that I wouldn't do the same. I work in a restaurant and I seem them giving shit away and then they count there inventory and shit is always off! Cant imagine why they say! Fucking alcoholics! Oh wait that's me too ... hahaha

#28636 - 08/18/09 11:14 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: FlowerPower81]
bluj666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Tennessee,USA
My favorite liquor is Everclear, don't know why. The only drink that I've created was a mix of

1 can of Sparks orange
8 oz of Blue Powerade

It taste like a margarita, but two of those and you'll be wasted and pumped full of energy.

I call it a Micky D's Slammer.

#29068 - 08/31/09 11:15 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: blackdragon31560]
Zorg Offline
stranger

Loc: A Galaxy Far, Far Away
I see this thread has been around a while; but, the subject matter is perennial, and I thought it a good venue to post my premiere post-introductory post.

I was introduced to a little libation called the Godfather.
Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
Do the same with a shaker. Add one shot of scotch with one shot of amaretto. Shake to a count of thirty, to allow the elements to properly mix, as well as be properly chilled.
Strain into the cocktail glass, and enjoy.

I have yet to order this drink without need to give instructions for its preparation.

I have recently dicovered a variant I seem to enjoy more...at least for the moment. The godmother is the same as above, substituting vodka for scotch.

Studies have shown that either drink is enhanced by use of a fine cigar.

"Plato was a bore."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 10 of 22 « First<89101112>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.