Page 11 of 22 « First<910111213>Last »
Topic Options
#30499 - 10/14/09 08:45 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Zorg]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Okay, tonight, I've rediscovered my love for a variant of the cocktail Black Russian. I don't know if this is the original recipe, but it's the one I was introduced to.

The ingredients that I've used are thus;

Tia Maria
Vodka
Coca Cola

I used to drink this a lot back in the day when I went to an alternative night on a Tuesday in Ilkeston. Not only that, but it was buy one, get one free. I only needed £10 back then.

Shame it isn't the same now.... \:\(

Either way, after nearly 3 glasses, I'm quite inebriated. Most satisfying. \:\)

#30507 - 10/15/09 02:12 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: DistroyA]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
When I was going to underground clubs, I used to drink a B & B.

1/2 glass of Benedictine
1/2 glass of quality Brandy

Pour the Benedictine into a cordial glass. Float the Brandy on top and serve. Tasted like gasoline, and had the same effect. A couple of those and you were sure to have googlie eyes.

#30670 - 10/21/09 03:33 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: DistroyA]
BelialsGal Offline
stranger

Loc: Tulsa, OK
Black Russians sound like they would cause me pain. When I go out, I drink Russian Qualudes:

1 shot Frangelico Hazelnut Liquer
1 shot coffee liquer
1 shot vodka
1 shot irish cream

Pour liquors over ice. Top with cream or milk, stir, and serve.

A few more of my favorites are Wells Banana Bread Beer, Choc (which is from a local brewery), Zambezi, a smooth, dry lager from Africa, and delicious mojitos.

Reading this thread has me wishing I had a cold beer to go with my bbq...

#30724 - 10/23/09 10:44 PM Dirty Whores...... [Re: BelialsGal]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
New Drink.....

Dirty Whores on Parade:

Vodka
Chambord
Orange Juice
and either frozen strawberries or cherries to soak and garnish

Patron shots are optional

#31070 - 10/31/09 11:40 PM Re: Dirty Whores...... [Re: Morgan]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
LOL - that's a new one on me, Morgan!
I have quite a few favourites:
A European-sized glass of red wine - a rich South African well-oaked or an Australian cabernet sauvignon.
Brandy in a crystal balloon glass, so the aroma can be inhaled like smoke.
A mojito - white AND dark rum with lime juice, soda water and crushed ice, decorated with chopped fresh mint leaves. Its greeness should be iridescent as citrine. I always spill a drop on the ground in honour of Baron Samedhi. \:\)

#31570 - 11/11/09 07:45 PM Re: Dirty Whores...... [Re: felixgarnet]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
Ok, I just have to add my own favorites.

Tequila Sunrise

Over ice in a rocks glass
1 heavy shot of Tequila
Top with OJ
A good splash of Grenadine
(I'm only allowed to drink these at home being that the clothes stay on but I want to kiss just about anyone (male that is) when I drink Tequila)

Bend Me Over

In a mixer glass filled with ice
Pour Crown Royal to the count of 3 over the ice
Then to another count of 3 pour in Ameretto
Another count of 3 pour in bar mix (sweet and sour)
Then a good splash of Sprite
Shake well and strain in to shot glasses

And for those that do like milky drinks....my own creation.

The B-Split

In a 12oz glass filled 3/4 full of ice
A heavy shot of Kahlua
A light shot of Banana Schnapps
Top with milk/cream and stir
(99 Bananas can be substituted for the Schnapps but go VERY light on it because it will seriously sneak up on you! I know all too well!)

The B-Split goes absolutely great with an Orgasm.

Orgasm

In a tall shot glass (about a shot and a half but only as wide as a regular shot glass) pour Kahlua to about 1/2 way
Top with Irish Cream almost to the top
Top with spray whipped cream so that the whole shot top is covered (start at the outside and spiral in to the center to create a small mound)

No hands, pick up the shot in your mouth and tip it back. Careful not to end up wearing the shot, because you have to swallow it all at once.

P.S. There is a bit of a trick to this shot besides just swallowing it all at once and once you try it, you'll figure out what the trick is. lol

I make a killer Long Island Iced Tea (tastes like tea all the way through but will lay you out flat within 2) and have a long list of practiced mixed shots, like Gator Piss, Harbor Lights, Blow Jobs, Maui Delight, Buttery Nipples, and on and on. I use to bartend and boy did I have a blast watching the men slide off of the bar stools after claiming I couldn't get to them with just 2 Long Islands because they drank regularly. I ended up taking bets and won 99.9% of the time.

#31577 - 11/12/09 12:04 AM Re: Dirty Whores...... [Re: Nyte]
CJB Offline

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
I feel so boring when it comes to drinking compared to some of you. All I drink is straight whiskey or beer.

Granted, all my liquor is rather pricey...Glenfiddich 18 years, Johnnie Walker Gold Label, Jameson Gold Reserve, Blanton's single barrel bourbon...

Hell, even my beer costs more than average, with the Guinness and Amberbock and such. I haven't been able to drink a typical American beer since Kiel, Germany, unfortunately.

#31601 - 11/12/09 06:40 PM Re: Dirty Whores...... [Re: CJB]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
It's ok CJ. Some people find what they really like and stick to it.

I like to try different shots and it did help that I was a bartender. There were many a mixed drink and even straight shots I wouldn't have touched during a really, REALLY bad night, let alone on a GOOD night. To me, if I was going to drink something it had to smell good to me and I tried to make sure whatever I mixed was what the patron wanted, even if I couldn't stand the smell myself. Now, I stick to my orgasms and my B-split or something simple like a Mike's Hard Berry with a good mixed shot. I couldn't touch 151 if I wanted to anymore (my own fault one very long night), except to put it atop the Harbor Light and light it on fire just long enough to suck the shot up through a straw (of course to save from accidentally lighting my hair or face on fire). I can't drink beer either. Something with the yeast being too high and one beer later, I'm done for the night due to a huge migraine. I find alternatives and enjoy what tastes good to me, and you've found what you enjoy. That's all that matters.

#31692 - 11/14/09 02:23 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: TornadoCreator]
Room 101 Offline

Loc: Scotland
I normally drink a few times a week, more often than not a Friday or a Saturday.

When I do drink it’s normally spirits, but I love beer, Weinsteiner is a favourite of mine, but I will drink other lagers. The heavier beers such as Guinness and John Smiths are little too much to drink in any volume. But I will on occasion have a couple for a change.

As for spirits, or as those across the pond call them “hard liquors”, I’m most defiantly a vodka man. Working in IT, I spend an inordinate amount of time on my ass. As such, I try to avoid things that fuck up the waistline too often. Vodka and cranberry (light) is as good as any other combination I have come across. Its tastes great and can get you pretty dam tarred.

Apologies for not bringing the next great beverage recipe to the table, but I’m a pretty boring fuck at heart.

#32901 - 12/14/09 12:38 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: blackdragon31560]
Deathcrush Offline
stranger

Loc: Malta, Europe
My first post in ages

mine would be

Whiskey: Scotch,Bourbon,Canadian and Tennessee whiskeys (ex:Chivas,Wild Turkey,Crown royal and Jack Daniels respectively)

Beer: Heineken and Guinness are my current top beers,but ill take a good Pilsner anytime

Jagermiester(herb liqour) and Southern Comfort(whiskey liqour) are two of my top drinks

Vodka's that arent exxesively spiritous:Smirnoff,Absolut,SKYY etc are pretty good (skyy is very good in mixed drinks imo)

Then finally Bacardi rum and Gordon's gin.

Black Russian is probaly my fav mixed drink
Either that are the straightfoward jagerbomb/vodka redbull

#32905 - 12/14/09 02:58 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Deathcrush]
CJB Offline

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
Oh, like Jack Daniel's isn't a bourbon! They do one extra little thing to it and people go about proclaiming it a brand new species...still tastes like crap outside of a coke!

As for the Scotch...never was a fan of Chivas. Have you ever had the Dimple (maybe called Dimple Pinch depending on where you live)? Probably my favorite cheap blended, and it goes down pretty smooth.

#32931 - 12/15/09 09:39 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: CJB]
Deathcrush Offline
stranger

For one thing Jack isnt made in Kentucky but in Tennessee..i mean i know they are nieghbur states but Irish and Scotch aint the same either

+ It is filtrated different from bourbon and they use cave water not river water.While im not a huge fan of Jack Daniel's i wont call it a bad whiskey,much better than some of new shit there's on the market.

About Chivas,I love the complex taste but whiskey is all about differing opinions.

Never had Dimple actualy,i may have heard of it tough.
Scottish Leader is a very good less-costly scotch,and probaly my favurite alltime whiskey.

#32932 - 12/15/09 09:55 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Deathcrush]
Doomsage680 Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Wow I have only begun my journey into alcohol...being in college, I have 2 or three favorite things that are VERY simple but quite enjoyable.

Orange Fanta with Capt.Morgan till the soda starts turning brown (my usual)

Grape Fanta(or any grape soda) with Olmeca Tequila(or any gold tequila) (sounds nasty but you'd be surprised how the flavors blend...works with vodka too if you must)

Irish Carbomb...I had one with peppermint bailey's, it was wonderful

Honestly most people here drink Smirnov or Absolut all the time, I get so tired of it, though it is a reliable way to get drunk. There's also this thing my friends call Skippy where you use beer, vodka, and a lot of lemonade ice tea...you drink a lot more that you think you are, it goes down sweet.

I will be taking notes from y'all for my next party. As I'm saying this, I just barely passed an online alcohol education program that took 4 hours out of my day...hate getting busted for parties. \:\) Rock on!!!

#32934 - 12/15/09 02:37 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Doomsage680]
Deathcrush Offline
stranger

Yeah Smirnoff and Absolut are both realy popular..but they are pretty good vodka's

If youre havin a party i suggest vodka redbull made with the blue label Smirnoff export 100 proof vodka and any good energy drink

Or something slightly more experimental:

100ml of vodka
100ml of blue powerade
100ml of water with gas (as in fizzy water)
2 energy drink fizzy tablets
ice

The above mentioned recipe is a possible health risk.

#33079 - 12/20/09 07:59 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: TornadoCreator]
Hemerhed 1 Offline
stranger

Loc: Croatia
Macedoniac red wine called "Vranac", mixed with just a bit of coke, tastes really good.

Beer (Kaiser, Karlovačko, Becks)

Jagermeister (I dont have a chance to drink it often, it's expensive)

Page 11 of 22 « First<910111213>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.