Page 6 of 22 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#16635 - 12/21/08 01:44 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Mercury_Templar]
silligum_diaboli Offline
stranger

Loc: redhill, surrey , UK
 Originally Posted By: Mercury_Templar
Don't drink the Kool-Aid; you never know what may be in there ;\)

M.'.T.'.

what is that? :P

#16639 - 12/21/08 02:12 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: silligum_diaboli]
Jake999 Offline

You poor child... and I'll bet you've never had a Moon Pie either!

Looks like Kool Aid isn't in England unless you find someone who imports it to sell in thier store. I was able to find mention of a place in Manchester at a place called Affleck's Palace. Costs about 50p per package, which is about 75 cents US.

You pour the bag into about a 2 liter pitcher, stir in too much sugar and then drink it cold, preferably with ice... wear your skimpiest bikini. It's not required, but I'm an old man with fantasies.

#16643 - 12/21/08 02:20 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Jake999]
silligum_diaboli Offline
stranger

Loc: redhill, surrey , UK
oh okay, what flavour is it? and no I dont know what a moon pie is either :P

#16684 - 12/22/08 12:30 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: silligum_diaboli]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
!

Moon Pie is certainly NOT a drink.

Or is it? One can never tell these days, but if it WAS a drink, please count me out. I'll let Jake999 handle that response, and will leave him to his fantasies of moon pies and Kool-Aid... \:\)

Quote:
Anyone got suggestions for me I'm alway open to trying new beer.

In the past, I often experimented with trying "new" beer, especially the hard-to-find varieties. As the U.S. (bases?) is becoming more a global sellers-market, I believe some of these things can be found easier...

Try Stella Artois(Belgium), Moretti(Italian), Molson(Canadian), Labatt Blue(Canadian), Tecate(Mexican), Dos Equis(XX-Mexican) for what I think would be considered "lager-style".

There are also some "Dunkel" (dark wheat) and Hefeweizen ("light" wheat) beers that are definitely worthy of taking a gander. Usually easier to find near a German military base...
which we do have here.

Best advice, find what you can and give it a try... you may just be suprised... or forced to drink a six-pack of the most disgusting sludge you never wanted to taste... it won't matter, you'll have the experienceregardless.

Now I will it leave Jake999 to discuss moon pies, and bikinis...

Edited by daevid777 (12/22/08 12:33 AM)

#16685 - 12/22/08 12:35 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: daevid777]
daevid777 Offline

By the way, has anyone ever tried "Thor"? I have an empty bottle my grandfather kept around... just curious.

#16692 - 12/22/08 01:01 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: silligum_diaboli]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: silligum_diaboli
oh okay, what flavour is it? and no I dont know what a moon pie is either :P

This is a Moon Pie: They go great with Kool Aid.

Kool Aid comes in all kinds of flavors. Cherry, orange, lemon, lime. Been a long time... can't remember them all.

#16698 - 12/22/08 01:36 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Jake999]
daevid777 Offline

Beautiful.

If that wasn't descriptive enough a "Moon Pie" is a strange, compressed-cake, marshmallow sandwich of sorts... dipped in a waxy-chocolatey covering, wrapped in plastic... originally probably loaded with trans-fats, totally unhealthy, and utterly delicious. However, it would probably survive a nuclear-holocaust, due to the immense amout of additives and preservatives, a shelf-live of about 12,000 years.

Kool-Aid is similar in this regard, being a dry, powdered flavor water additive (add a horrible amount of sugar, to taste), I'm sure other parts of the world have something similar - you just don't know it as its "American name".

I believe the "Kool-Aid" comment by MT originally was meant as a joke regarding Jim Jones, founder of Jonestown, a social experiment went all kinda fucked, and many suspicions still remain. That's so far outta the way of this post, that I don't want to go into more of it here. Check it out, though - it's a fucked up piece of history.

#16700 - 12/22/08 01:48 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: daevid777]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Completely off topic, but about a month ago was the 30th anniversary of the mass suicide and killings at Jonestown.

#16702 - 12/22/08 02:27 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: fakepropht]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
moon pies are good frozen too

koolaid & vodka & that bitter clear shit tonic

bug juice

m

#16770 - 12/23/08 10:57 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Morgan]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Years ago (I think I was 20) I tried to stab my friend to death. We were drinking Everclear and HiC Ecto Punch (Ghostbuster II promo product) and a girl was involved....

Oh, how I am glad I survived those days...

#16771 - 12/23/08 11:30 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Fist]
Jake999 Offline

I don't really drink any more, since my brother was killed by a drunk driver. Once in a while I might have a beer or a glass of wine if I'm in for the evening or someone else is doing the driving.

But when I was younger, I went through the prerequisite "drunk," for my 21st birthday at Wheelus AB at Tripoli, Libya. We were locked down in the barracks. There were no bars, so we had what was called a "Buffalo Party." Everybody kicked in 10 bucks (which was good money in 1969) and the barracks chief divided it into 3 amounts... 2/3 was for the "winner," and the rest went to the barracks fund and "the roper," whose job it was to tie people into their bunks after the competition.

The night started out with dinner in the chow hall, and then we went back to the barracks. Everybody grabbed whatever alcoholic beverages they had in their rooms and began pouring them into a cleaned out (I hope) metal trash container... big one. There was beer, and whiskey, and wine, and rum, and it all just kind of bubbled in a big mixture of alcoholic menace.

Then, the "Buffalos" lined up. The whole idea was to stick your head completely under the surface of the booze and drink as long and as much as you could before you had to come up for air. The barracks chief had a stop watch and a yard stick to take the measurements and times. The winner got the cash. Everyone else got tied into bed (the bunks were stacked, so we didn't want anyone injured falling out).

I don't remember much of the night.

#16781 - 12/23/08 07:19 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Jake999]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Ah the good old days of drinking games in the military. I'm not sure if I am repulsed or intrigued by that. I know there was many a night I wish we had "ropers" available to us. Particularly the night I fell out of the top bunk onto the concrete floor. The next morning my roommate was relating the story to me. Since I had no memory of it and could not explain how I was on the floor. He said I slammed down like a side of beef being dropped and never even broke my snore or opened an eye.

Our sauce of death was Night Train. What an evil excuse of an alcoholic drink that was. When we were in Korea, it cost about $1.25 for a bottle. We could scrape that up by digging in some couch cushions or penny jars. A few of us would score a bottle or 3 of that. Our SGT would pitch in with a bottle of tequila. A few others would get some beer. We would then line up a shot of tequila, a shot of Night Train, and a beer chaser. The brave drinkers would then roll down the line one after the other. It wouldn't take too many rounds until several were rolling on the floor or puking. After one session of this, I decided to go to some kind of festival they were holding on the base. Feeling quite manly, I decided to sign up for a boxing smoker. These were 3 round boxing matches. I think maybe a minute each round. A slug fest until someone goes down or tires out. I made it 2 rounds before falling flat on my face. I don't know if I knocked myself out or my opponent. It's a miracle I didn't puke a purple puddle in the middle of the ring. Very good times, I think, from what I can remember.

#16907 - 12/25/08 02:32 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Jake999]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
Love doing stuff like that but in Army it is called the grog I think. Good way to forget the however many hours you are all drinking.

#17910 - 01/09/09 06:41 PM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Ringmaster]
Cody Offline
pledge

Beer is the only acceptable drink of true Aryans.

I have half a mind to re-use empty 2 litre plasic bottles, pour a bottle of chocolate YOOHOO! in them and tape a ballon over it's lid and place them in various places across the cities and use a piece of masking tape labelling it as JENKUM with a sharpie, good for some laughs.

Edited by Cody (01/09/09 06:47 PM)

#18437 - 01/19/09 08:57 AM Re: Favorite alcoholic drinks [Re: Cody]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Back in the good old days in Sydney, before the Responsible Service of Alcohol laws came into force, I used to (in my job as a bartender) give patrons what was called a "Layback" which involved the lucky guy/gal lying backwards across the bar with their mouth gaping, while I quickly fired a succession of white spirit shots into it.
The idea was to swallow the lot, and then bolt upright without parking a tiger. Not everyone succeeded.

Regarding my favourite drink,White Russians have always been a big fave of mine, Baileys and Peach schnapps running a close second.

Page 6 of 22 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.