Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#39861 - 07/03/10 12:21 PM Satanic Supremacy – version 2.0
TheInsane Offline

I was inspired by the title of the thread created by NeoZombie but fear not it has nothing to do with the same topic at all. ;\)

From my humble beginnings in exploring Satanism one of the things that attracted me to it was the strife for knowledge and questioning. Like most, it seems, it began as a questioning of the common values which were predominant where I grew up. Some of them I have left by the side of the road and some of them I kept. However, the one aspect of maybe the most popular branch of Satanic though that I disagree with is the notion that man is god – meaning he is _already_ godlike or divine.

This creates an attitude that questioning everything is great but I know I am right in whatever I believe (or rather they wouldn’t use the word “believe” but more probable the word “know”). Basically it is food for whatever characteristic in humans that make us become ignorant assholes in regards to our own worldview. Don’t get me wrong, Im not saying ever y Satanist is ignorant but I have observed many a Satanist throughout the years and this attitude of “I know how the world works”, how predominant it is, and how these people are unwilling to ever change their views.

I find a great example to be materialism. Merriam Webster defines materialism as:

1 a : a theory that physical matter is the only or fundamental reality and that all being and processes and phenomena can be explained as manifestations or results of matter b : a doctrine that the only or the highest values or objectives lie in material well-being and in the furtherance of material progress c : a doctrine that economic or social change is materially caused

The (c) example can be ignored for the purpose of this discussion but the other two are relevant. I guess (b) is very much up to individual interpretation. I would not agree that the highest objectives lie in material well being but rather is physical and maybe even more important psychological well being (some may say this is material well being though – I don’t mind).
The (a) example though is where we come to an interesting thing. Satanism claims to be scientific. “Its not belief its science” is a common attitude among Satanists. In the same breath these people can come with the claim that there is no spiritual part of the world but only the material. They claim to be materialists. What I am curious about is how the same people stand in regards to modern physics that indeed disproves the materialistic universe concept. Not in favor of a spiritualistic one but in favor of a energy based universe.

Most of these Satanists seems to try to ignore this. Even if the science of today disproves them they stick to their belief in materialism. The intention with the thread is not to discuss metaphysics (if that’s the way it develops Im fine with that though) but how some aspects of Satanism tends to create the type of person who in theory thinks its great to question all things and test all things to weed out whats not working but when in practice it only really means he is questioning and dismissing every other idea other than his own. Has anyone else observed the same things? What are your thoughts and ideas in regards to why this is and how a movement might be able to get rid of it?

"We are the alien elite" - Really? The elite of what?

#39863 - 07/03/10 12:39 PM Re: Satanic Supremacy – version 2.0 [Re: TheInsane]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

The main problem of most Satanists is, while they have an active dislike for the word faith, their world view is nevertheless based upon faith itself. Nietzsche called it perspectivism, some go further and consider our individual world views as radical constructivism.

This problem isn’t something one can solve. We’ll always have our unique world view and it will always appear as true to us. When realizing this, one also realizes that if we do not have faith in our world view to be the correct one for us, we will get nowhere. Someone in constant doubt will get nowhere because it will create an active state of nihilism.

I propose that one first learns to not take himself too serious and after he manages that, learns to take himself very, very serious. The art is to create a reality that is most suitable to function in, or to realize ones potential. Whether it is "true" or not is of little importance.

But due to this, there will never be a uniform world view and diversity will be unavoidable.

D.

#39865 - 07/03/10 01:06 PM Re: Satanic Supremacy – version 2.0 [Re: Diavolo]
NeoZombie Offline
pledge

Loc: Minnesota, USA
Great read. yes there is faith even in science because it's almost nothing more than agreement. "Napolion said it best, What is history but a fable agreed upon."

Check this site out it really helped be to understand the universe and my role in it; http://www.faculty.virginia.edu/consciousness/

"SS"

#39973 - 07/04/10 11:14 PM Re: Satanic Supremacy – version 2.0 [Re: NeoZombie]
Dakota Offline
Banned
pledge

Loc: Michigan
That’s what you call stupidity, because people should not appear to be “I am god” around others, since then others will think “She’s/ He’s rude, loser, creep, whatever”. Which has an adverse effect, from the desire effect of controlling people.

I am not Satanic though, since I don’t follow any one religion, since I am a religion myself. However, I do not tell people I am God, or that I am a religion that everyone should follow since I am honestly just a person who wants to be a God. It’s a paradox in a way, “I am God, but really I am not since there‘s no God”. Although I like this religion, since it appears to me a religion for the “me”.

I question myself on everything, since I believe my present state as a person is low. I wish I was perfect, but I am not perfect. What I lack; good communication skills, an attractive appearance (I sound like some hot slut, but I am not since what I think I am is different from what I really am), and the power to truly manipulate people. What’s holding me back is fear that if I open up more, then I will be rejected. And if I am rejected I will lose everything I have.

This world is not that hard to understand, there’s no laws/principles/rules. All there is reactions, everything is a reaction. You say hi, someone says goodbye. If that person doesn’t say goodbye, then that person is going to appear rude, reactions. The person lives many years, the person dies of old age. It’s not too hard to understand is it. Born with bad genes, then you’re ugly and/or stupid. Stop wishing for what you cannot change, and change what you can change since that’s all you can do.

What you want could be vastly different from what I want, and that’s the viewpoint you live in. And I can’t change your viewpoint, since that’s your mind’s world. And you cannot even comprehend my mind’s world, since it’s like a drill in my head that repeats the same words.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.