Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#40573 - 07/20/10 08:24 PM Re: No offense iPhone-ers... [Re: Fnord]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
You do have a point. Perhaps I am overgeneralising. When I see the people I described I know they are of middle class but it is a mistake to assume the social class of anyone that doesn't make it obvious. Also I can think of specific reasons these people are more prevalent in the areas I've lived that may not be present elsewhere.

To revise I think it's these people are a large portion of our society that we'd do much better without. But in way they're part of a much larger group. The humans that are told what they want and who they are. Those that never develop a "self" and develop into stereotypes. I would guess that this kind of human is probably present in all walks of life.

Thank you for apologizing for the dumbshit thing. I apologize if I came off like I was attacking anyone for their financial status. I hope it's clear now that it was not my intent. Like many satanists I have a tendency toward making statements bold that I later rethink and feel silly for saying. But I acknowledge that I am still very young and yet to completely master controlling my instincts in favour of what is logical and reasonable. I doubt there's anyone who never says something they regret in the heat of the moment. Therefore I am always willing to doubt and re-evaluate any of my ideas or statements. Perhaps as the years go by I'll look back at my current self and think "man I WAS a dumbshit!" but I'll definitely know I wasn't ignorant.

#40628 - 07/21/10 07:27 PM Re: No offense iPhone-ers... [Re: Fnord]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Y'know, although I love using Apple products, that just says it all about iPhone users. I know someone who's got the latest one, and he seriously needs to get over himself and his smugness, seeing as it's just a fucking phone.

Fuck it; if I get another phone, I'll see about getting a HTC Evo, just to piss off the iPhone tards.

Funny vid by the way. XD

#40645 - 07/22/10 05:11 AM Re: No offense iPhone-ers... [Re: Draculesti]
Meq Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: Draculesti
Sure, I wanted a PS3 and an Xbox 360 when they first came out, but I NEVER buy the first generation of a new technology. Aside from the fact that I usually can't afford them when they're first released, there are always bugs still to be worked out. Just look at the "red ring of death" fiasco with the first gen of Xbox 360.

Same with the PS3. My brother paid a fortune for one making sure he got the model with PS2 backwards compatibility. It broke down out of warranty, so he had to shell out for a replacement. That broke down. He screamed at them on the phone until they sent another replacement free. I'm wondering how long that will last... (Then there's the little issue of Sony removing features retroactively... such as the ability to run Linux on fat PS3s.)

As for Apple, well the same brother got an iPhone 4 on contract. I'm guessing it won't be long before he regrets making that decision, no matter how much he appeared to save initially on the phone. While I won't be shelling out for a smartphone, another brother of mine got the Sony Ericsson X10 instead (with Android), and I greatly preferred it to Apple's closed system of apps. I could even install an Amiga emulator for free on the X10 - it's not yet in the Apple App Store, and when it arrives it sure won't be free. Apple's desktop/Macbook OS (Mac OS X Snow Leopard) is fine, it's their mobile operating systems which are locked down.

The HTC Evo 4G is not yet available in my country, however as a 4G phone is also the first generation of a new technology, and thus not something I would consider purchasing yet, for much the same reasons. I'd wait until the standard becomes more common and the price comes down, and any major bugs are ironed out.

#40648 - 07/22/10 09:23 AM Re: No offense iPhone-ers... [Re: Draculesti]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: Draculesti
Sure, I wanted a PS3 and an Xbox 360 when they first came out, but I NEVER buy the first generation of a new technology. Aside from the fact that I usually can't afford them when they're first released, there are always bugs still to be worked out. Just look at the "red ring of death" fiasco with the first gen of Xbox 360.

I think the new gen flaws thing is a more recent event to be honest. I remember getting the PS2 for my birthday back in 2001, and it's been running more or less smoothly since then. I will admit that it's slowly dying, as some games, particularly racing games, don't run as efficiently as they should, or they don't run at all (The main example I can think of is Outrun 2006).

I've had my 360 for about a year now, and so far, no problems regarding the hardware. The PS3 however is a more recent item (A second hand 80GB model mind...), so we'll see what happens there. Hopefully, if anything does go wrong on the PS3, it'll be the disc drive that'll go faulty, so then I can back up my game data and transfer it onto a new console. This is talking hypothetically of course.

As for the 60GB model, I've heard some bad press about them from a friend of mine, seeing as he had one, and it's disc drive fucked up after a while, and he'd heard over the net that those models had a tendency to break down. Good job I went for the later model. \:D

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.