Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#41780 - 08/11/10 11:26 AM Re: Political Compass [Re: spinosaurus01]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Oh boy and yet another Nazi group masquerading as Satanists. You people crack me up sometimes. Most of the time though, you just piss me off. I will tell you the same thing I tell everyone else who has a hard-on for for crazy ol' Adolph: If you are such a fan of Hitler, take a page from his playbook and deep throat a gun.

#42911 - 09/09/10 05:20 PM Re: Political Compass [Re: XiaoGui17]
Wolflust Offline
stranger

These were my results:

Economic Left/Right: -3.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.92

This didn`t exactly make me any more certain of my own stance \:D But it got me thinking though. As for one question being about different civilizations and cultures, I think cultural differences will have a great impact on a survey like this, since as a Norwegian I don`t really feel that my individual rights is being affected by "counter-terrorism". I have to delve into more political literature too as well, with time.

From what I`ve seen among most CoS members (or those with a myspace page and writing at LttD), many of them seem to share an odd mix of liberal and fascist thoughts. LaVey himself didn`t seem that interested in politics to me, even though he, if I remember correctly, suggested a police state in The Devils Notebook, "to keep all of you fuckers in line". \:D

#70460 - 08/22/12 09:50 AM Re: Political Compass [Re: Wolflust]
Le Deluge Offline

The quiz seemed a bit tenuous for predicting actual political and/or policy preferences. I would not discount it though. My results had only minor deviations from other political quizzes I've taken. I do tend to wonder if the economic result was based more on normative judgments inherent in the questions. Centrist Libertarian is kind of an odd description of my actual views.

Economic Left/Right: -0.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97

#70461 - 08/22/12 10:33 AM Re: Political Compass [Re: Le Deluge]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
I've taken this many times. I'd like to think I've changed. But who knows ?

My score today: -5.25, -3.90. I'm a Left-Libertarian, almost in the Middle. I mapped almost perfectly to Gandhi. Cheers, bro.

JK

#70462 - 08/22/12 11:16 AM Re: Political Compass [Re: Jason King]
Erich Zann Offline

Loc: Germany
Welcome to the club - I'm nearly a Gandhi as well ;\) Still you're a bit more Libertarian it seems.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-5.12&soc=-3.13

-Bart Simpson

#70469 - 08/22/12 07:32 PM Re: Political Compass [Re: XiaoGui17]
Iskander Offline
pledge

Loc: Berlin, Germany
The questions in this test are highly selective: They make almost any of the "rightwing" answers looking dumb. Now I am not an expert when it comes to politics inside the USA, but I got the impression that "rightwing" or "conservative" is mainly associated with "christian" and "capitalistic" in this context.

Satanism is not about a specific political agenda, but it should be obvious that the personal freedom Satanism seeks is supported best in an open, tolerant society that values culture over profane maximization of profit in the economy.

#70474 - 08/23/12 07:10 AM Re: Political Compass [Re: Iskander]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Granted. Any test is selective in what it measures. But we can still have fun with them. I'll do you one better, click here.

JK

#70477 - 08/23/12 09:07 AM Re: Political Compass [Re: Jason King]
FemaleSatan Offline

Loc: The Dirty South
I came out 6.25/-3.85

Opposite side of Gandhi (purple area)

#70480 - 08/23/12 12:33 PM Re: Political Compass [Re: FemaleSatan]
Naama Offline

Loc: NewYork
I am strongly Libertarian according to this test.
"Right-Left" vector - somewhere in the middle...

#70487 - 08/24/12 01:25 AM Re: Political Compass [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
seekswisdom Offline

Loc: California,U.S.
 Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
The problem with social programs like welfare is that it is meant to be temporary assistance until people can pull themselves up by their bootstraps but far too many people make being on welfare their job.

Not only would I prefer to make it on my own but I am in no danger of starving and it would be rather hypocritical of me, an Individualist Anarchist, to beg for help from the system that I so despise.

Taxes? Fuck taxes, the government has no right to forcibly take money from those who have earned it. That being said I never did understand why "the rich" got to pay lower taxes. If they are going to take money from people it seems logical that the more you make, the more would be taken from you. In the end, however, I still "fuck taxes!"

/free form rant

I totally agree with you there. Welfare makes people dependent on the system because they never have to work for their food and it makes them useless in my opinion.

That is why I'm working independently as a Welder and am always willing to pick up a few side jobs. For example I am cutting down an oaktree for a friend tommorow for some cash or she would have to pay a tree service five hundred bucks to cut it down. I took the time to observe it first, to make sure that I could cut it down safely, of course.

People dont need the system they just need to become independent and learn how to do many usefull skills to survive and in a free market it is quite simple: Learn to grow your own food, cut your own firewood, work on your own vehicle and never stop learning everything that you can.

I detest paying taxes because it's like working all day for one hundred dollars to have to give it to some lazy ass bum instead of keeping what you've worked for all day for yourself.

As for my second amendment rights. I willl give up my guns when the government do's so first because I would rather defend myself than to depend on a fat cop, who never gets to the scene in time. I would personally rather live in Anarchy than depend on this System.

They shut a fucking neighborhood down now when their is a gunman and ban burning firewood on most days in your own wood-stove in Sacramento. Whats next garbage police making sure that peole are recycling or they will be fined. I'm ready to move to an Island if this shit get any worse.

#70489 - 08/24/12 08:58 AM Re: Political Compass [Re: seekswisdom]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Originally Posted By: seekswisdom
Welfare makes people dependent on the system because they never have to work for their food and it makes them useless in my opinion.

Might I ask, what do you mean by "welfare?" Check any boxes that apply:

[ ] tax subsidies for multi-$billion corporations
[ ] unemployment insurance
[ ] common defense
[ ] SNAP
[ ] bailing out speculative banks
[ ] medicaid
[ ] law enforcement
[ ] SSDI
[ ] Pell Grants
[ ] Tax-exempting of certain organizations, esp. churches
[ ] Pretty much anything that helps anybody

Anarchists talk a pretty game, but it's not the game we play. I could snap my fingers tomorrow and destroy all "government" instantly. There would would be, in turn, panic, destruction & death, loss of knowledge, and . . . drumroll, please . . . a new "government". Just one that was set back a few centuries.

Human beings are designed for societal maximization. It's just the way it is, dude. I didn't make the rules, but they are what they are. The proverbial "man of the woods/mountain" is just that - a fucking hunter-gatherer. Some shit we evolved from a long time ago. Gather a few like minds and you have a tribe. And you can move to Africa with that shit. I hear they have some serious tribes and some lack of binding societal infrastructure. You could be all Marcus Garvey with that shit.

Is what we have in the "civilized world" perfect? By no means whatsoever. But don't drown the baby in the bathtub, dude.

JK

#70495 - 08/24/12 05:41 PM Re: Political Compass [Re: Jason King]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: Jason King

[X] tax subsidies for multi-$billion corporations
[O] unemployment insurance (other, paid for by the company, not society as a whole)
[P] common defense
[X] SNAP
[X] bailing out speculative banks
[X] medicaid
[P] law enforcement
[X] SSDI
[X] Pell Grants
[X] Tax-exempting of certain organizations, esp. churches
[P or X] Pretty much anything that helps anybody

"P," Jason, means that it's a public service. Public services tax society as a whole and serve society as a whole. "X" is welfare, which is paid for by taxes from society as a whole but serves only a particular group. You can try to argue that benefiting that group indirectly benefits society as a whole (which is dubious), but there's also the question of whether that benefit was worth the cost.

Human beings are designed for societal maximization.

Does government have to be the means by which this is accomplished, or are there other means? All government is, at the end of the day, is the entity that a community has collectively agreed has a monopoly on the use of physical force (police and military).

Physical force (or the threat thereof for enforcement) need not be used in the vast majority of everyday interactions that make up society's functions. Creating programs and laws that micromanage day-to-day actions hardly maximizes efficiency; if anything, it creates more red tape and slows stuff down.

I'm not saying get rid of government; I'm saying it's not the one-size-fits-all solution to everything we often treat it as.

#70502 - 08/25/12 03:11 AM Re: Political Compass [Re: Jason King]
seekswisdom Offline

Loc: California,U.S.
 Originally Posted By: seekswisdom
Welfare makes people dependent on the system because they never have to work for their food and it makes them useless in my opinion.

I was talking about food stamps and people who get knocked up just to get paid by the Government. Sorry for not being clear about which welfare I was bitching about.

[x] tax subsidies for multi-$billion corporations
[t] unemployment insurance
[n] common defense
[x] SNAP
[x] bailing out speculative banks
[x ] medicaid
[n] law enforcement
[n ] SSDI
[n ] Pell Grants
[x ] Tax-exempting of certain organizations, esp. churches
[x ] Pretty much anything that helps anybody

Anarchists talk a pretty game, but it's not the game we play. I could snap my fingers tomorrow and destroy all "government" instantly. There would would be, in turn, panic, destruction & death, loss of knowledge, and . . . drumroll, please . . . a new "government". Just one that was set back a few centuries.

JK

I wouldnt want total Anarchy(Escape from NewYork style) just less government. Here's my answer key:
X=get rid of it entirely
T= temporary
N= Needed

If someone works their ass off and gets disabled, they should get help,yet should try and get back to work if they recover. But as for the crack-head addicted Mom with six kids,she should'nt get any Government aid because she cant even control her own life and shouldnt be allowed to breed, yet alone raise kids and get paid..

Unemployment is usefull for a month or two, but when people can stay on it for over a year they wont look for a job. I was getting over 350 dollars a week, the last time that I got laid-off, and found another job a few weeks later, but I was looking the entire time. I like working for income and feel proud of myself for doing a good job. I want to be a producer in society, not a slave, and would never want to be a bum leeching off society.

As for Pell Grant money. Instead of sending anyone to College with Federal Aid. The person should beable to at least maintain a 3.00 GPA and keep good attendance, to get it in the first place: work their Ass-off. The College's keep driving up Tuition and paid parking to the breaking point. It shouldn't cost 400 dollars for a three unit class and almost 200 dollars for a Text book. People have to get into dept before even going to a University because of driving inflation brought on by the Banks.

The fact that the banks got themselves into dept and signed it over to the tax-payers is criminal. Every person should reep what they sow in life, especially when it comes to their dept. The number one thing that i hate about govenment is the ability to tax its citizens without limit and the fact that none of these bankers are being hung for their crime: Stealing, lying and cheating. If I burn down my house for the insurance money I go to prison for fraud, yet the bankers do this shit on a daily basis. I read about how and heard witnesses testify about Bank Of America purposely clouding peoples morgages so that even if the people paid the house off their records would get lost in the system. So the banks could get paid and still keep the property. The fact that the banks encourage Reverse morgages proves that they're want property and could give a Fuck-less about people: only money.

I guess the love of money really is the root of all evil.

Shit I forgot to post what I scored on the test for this thread. -2/1. almost dead set in the middle. That test was annoying on a few ?'s but overall I'll give it 7 out of 10.

Fucking hell, reread your post before posting it and use a spell check...Morgan

Edited by Morgan (08/25/12 10:48 AM)
Edit Reason: warning/information

#70506 - 08/25/12 08:39 AM Re: Political Compass [Re: seekswisdom]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

XG and seekswisdom, thank you for the well thought out and delivered replies.

You each have different methods of classification, but I see a bit of common ground. Both of you agree that there is some sine qua non of societal grounding. And both of you pretty much agree as to what (of my listed things) should be funded. The big difference being SW favors Pell Grants and SSDI, and XG stays true to her philosophical basis.

The only other significant difference concerned unemployment insurance, and this was limited by each of you in slightly different ways. Although, to both of you, it is both temporary and at least half funded by employers.

Let's take this to the next level (btw, I almost agree with SW's checks, excepting larger philosophical themes).

What should a government be doing, if anything? Obviously "redistributing wealth" is not supported, but where is such a line drawn? There is a saying: "equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome," and I agree wholeheartedly. Perhaps XG doesn't?

Consider SNAP for a second. What does it do? And if you don't like the mechanism, you have three choices: forced sterilizations (post facto, no less), Foster/state homes (still subsidized), or simply let the kids rot.

But hey, perhaps a human child should be no more privileged than a leopard cub. Make it or don't. Your mommy sucks, so fuck you, kid. Besides, the world IS overpopulated.

If we continue here, we need, first and foremost, to settle on a philosophy/anthropology of human nature. We're not leopards. We're somewhere between ants and lions vis a vis social structure.

JK

#70511 - 08/25/12 10:37 AM Re: Political Compass [Re: Jason King]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
What should a government be doing, if anything?

Law enforcement and national defense. Pretty much the two I checked before. Government has the right to use physical force to enforce whatever powers it is granted, thus I think it should be restricted to performing only such functions as warrant physical force.

There is a saying: "equality of opportunity, not equality of outcome," and I agree wholeheartedly. Perhaps XG doesn't?

As I've noted in other forums, I wholeheartedly agree with Rawls's principles of justice, one of which is equal opportunity. I accept those principles as the best measure of an economic system. Where I differ, from both you and Rawls, is in fact (not principle). I disagree as to which system best serves equal opportunity.

Consider SNAP for a second. What does it do? And if you don't like the mechanism, you have three choices: forced sterilizations (post facto, no less), Foster/state homes (still subsidized), or simply let the kids rot.

I don't have a problem with what they are intended to do; just how it is done and who is doing it. Fourth option: Let its function be replaced with private institutions.

Social programs (SNAP, SSDI) don't allow for any degree of discretion. You have to set up certain rules and standards by which a person qualifies for aid, in order to be fair. The problem is, explicit rules invite people to "game" the system.

Private charities, on the other hand, have the option of allowing for personal discretion. Many use human judgment to better ascertain who is a con artist and who has genuinely fallen on hard times better than a statutory/regulatory formula ever could. Allowing charities the choice of who to help (and donors the choice of charity to support) not only creates more safeguards against fraud, it also allows for extra funding in times of dire need.

Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.