Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#4051 - 02/10/08 06:18 PM Shem Hamphorash
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
I'll share something with those interested in the Shem Ha Mephoresh which I found to be quite interesting. It has something to do with talking decapitated heads, the Templars, and the Baphomet.

When I came across the word Shem Hamphorash in the Satanic Bible I was a little surprised at first in finding out that there is a bit of Jewish mysticism in Satanism. I questioned it; what was it doing in the Satanic Bible, and why was it used in satanic rituals?

Back then all I knew about the word Shem Hamphorash was it had something to do with 72 sacred names of YHVH... or demons to some sources.

In another section of TSB i learned that "Knights Templarism" inspired certain aspects of Satanism... being associated with the Baphomet and such. So I figured I'd set out and find Templars and become one myself.

Unfortunately the real order of Templars dissolved long ago; but I learned from legends that they had gone to Scotland and became Freemasons (which I doubt to this day). After studying Freemasonry for a while I learned that the York Rite which has 13 degrees ends with the Order of Knights Templar.

But there was only one thing. My sources had told me that the York Rite was Christian and the Scottish Rite was more or less not so Christian. I wasn't sure what to do at the time, as I figured that going up the York Rite might cause a bit of confusion to me. So I gathered some of my Satanist friends and asked them to become Freemasons first and I send them thru the Scottish Rite, and asked for their report and impression of it.

They came back stating that it was dilapidated and worthless. The 32 degrees where no more. You could just get all of it for a price in three days and learn nothing new. When joining the Scottish Rite they just sit you in a big auditorium and you watch 4 plays. Each play is a ritual of a degree in the Scottish Rite. Between each play some guy confers "degrees" on you verbally; then you go home with your 32 degrees. One degree you are asked to take an oath to live by the 10 commandments... in the Rose Croix degree you kiss and parade around a cross with INRI on it - in other words it was Christian. So I went up the York Rite.

The first degree taught about Reason, and paying Rational Homage to Deity... which the old Deists used to say.

The second degree taught the Liberal Arts and Sciences; stressed science over Faith; and had a commentary which stated that the Book of Nature was the word of the Great Architect, the reading of it was called Science, and to which Freemasonry was but a weak commentary.

The Master Mason degree taught that the Great Architect was some universal force which pervades all of Nature in its lecture; which reminded me of how LaVey described both "Satan" and God in certain sections of TSB.

I wasn't disappointed. The Holy Royal Arch degree teaches that the Great Architect was the God of Nature, and that Nature was his immutable Holy Book.

It was in the 9th degree of the York Rite, called Cryptic Masonry that I was taught about the Shem Ha Mephoresh. It was a very strange, and almost morbid lecture for something so supposedly Christian. I will first reproduce it as we receive it during our initiation; then comment on it; then add my personal SPECULATIONS. This lecture will shed light on the use of the Baphomet.

The Lecture of the "Shem Ha Mephoresh" of the Select Master - 9th Cryptic Degrees:

"The Jews believed that the named of God had great power. it cured them of evils, warned them of danger, restored the dead to life, brought fire from heaven, rent building asunder, maimed and destroyed their enemies, and filled them with great wisdom; the Rabbis called it "Shem Ha Mephoresh," meaning The Unutterable Name. That the word inspired the possessor with great wisdom, the sacred record testifies in many instances... It was by this that enabled the three Grand Masters to erect such a magnificent structure, the likes of which has not been before seen.

"The Arabians have the tradition that the Word was engraved on the seal of a ring, and gave them power over Djin, Dives, Afreets, Ghouls and other evil spirits, imprisoning them and confining them at the bottom of the sea by impressing on them the signet. By the Egyptians they wore it as an amulet or averter of danger, and source of power. we now see by the inspiration it gave its possessor what struck Solomon with such consternation and anxiety on the death of Hiram Abiff.

"The Shem Ha Mephoresh was pronounced once a year by the high priest, amid the clang of cymbals, at the feast of expiation, to bring life and abundance to the new year. It was not lawful to pronounce it at any other time. After centuries of never pronouncing the word, it was lost.

"After the loss of the word, the Jews endeavoured to find a substitute by an idol, called by the Rabbis Teraphim. According to tradition a Teraph was constructed in this wise:

"A decapitated head of a first born person, or a dead born child, was placed on a golden plate, on whose rim was engraved magical characters. under the tongue they placed a laminar of gold, on which was engraved further magical characters and inscriptions of certain planets. After performing invocations before it, it was endowed with speech to foretell events, give power over enemies, and impart divine wisdom."

My commentary of the lecture:

So from what I get, the word YHVH had all these magical powers. The word Shem Ha Mephoresh meaning the Unspeakable Name was used to refer to this magical word. This word was uttered by a high priest once a year with clangings of cymbals and shit; but after so many centuries of not saying the word it was lost.

Because it was lost the priests decided to find a substitute for this holy name of God... in the form of a decapitated head, which had magical powers to foretell events, give magical powers over enemies, and impart Divine Wisdom???

I'm wondering how a Priest of God saw that it was reasonable to replace God's lost Holy Name with a decapitated head with magical powers???

Speculation:

The Templars were obsessed with decapitated heads, skulls, and weird goat heads. They have built Churches and structures which they actually adorned with heads and skulls. Then there are the several golden goat skulls and heads that were confiscated by the Church during their trial, and under torture they call these things Baphomet, and stated that it imparted wisdom to them, and had al sorts of magical powers.

At first I believed this was all made up by the Church and forced onto to Templars via torture to condemn them as heathens. But then after studying their supposed connections with an Ismaelite order called the Assassins, or Hashashim, and learning that the Assassins; living outside of Christendom and the power of the Church; were also obsessed with decapitated heads, and openly practiced talking with their "Terephims" to help them expand their empire.

So this Baphomet of the Templars has magical powers and imparts divine wisdom....

There is a rabbinical or "kabbalistic" cipher called the Atbash cipher which consists of writing the hebrew alphabet from Aleph to Tau, then bellow it writing the alphabet backwards starting with Tau to Aleph. Letters are simply interchanged to make the cipher...

When you spell the word BAPHOMET with hebrew letters and process it thru the atbash cipher you get the word SOPHIA.

Sophia is greek for WISDOM.

So in the Satanic Bible, Anton uses the word Shem Hamphorash... the Baphomet... and uses the words "Undefiled Wisdom." Anton also uses the Shem Hamphorash and Baphomet in the same context as the high priests and Templars - magically.

I took what I learned back to Freemasonry. The Worshipful Master is represented by the Pillar of WISDOM in the East, the Lodges source of Light. Wisdom corresponds with Baphomet.

Thats all I have to share for now. It help shed some light on the Baphomet in Satanism, and I thought it could help out others who were wondering.

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (02/10/08 06:23 PM)

~~352~~

#4057 - 02/10/08 07:07 PM Re: Shem Hamphorash [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
birdstrike Offline
pledge

Loc: Canada
That was an excellent piece sir. I don't know if you have read Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas' books, but if you are interested I'd say you would probably greatly enjoy them. I know they are favorites of mine. They primarily deal with the meanings behind the rituals of freemasonry. As irrationally skeptical as I am I found their evidence intriguing.

I have some interesting ideas regarding the 72 names of god. First is that they are only mentioned in Exodus and Genesis. During this point in Jewish history they were not yet Jews. In fact evidence suggests that they were far from monotheistic at this period. Little is actually known prior to this about the jews as a people. It has been suggested that Abraham was actually a Mesopotamian prince. This would lead one to believe that the holy name of god may be linked to the dawn of man.

#4059 - 02/10/08 08:12 PM Re: Shem Hamphorash [Re: birdstrike]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: birdstrike
That was an excellent piece sir. I don't know if you have read Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas' books, but if you are interested I'd say you would probably greatly enjoy them. I know they are favorites of mine. They primarily deal with the meanings behind the rituals of freemasonry. As irrationally skeptical as I am I found their evidence intriguing.

I have some interesting ideas regarding the 72 names of god. First is that they are only mentioned in Exodus and Genesis. During this point in Jewish history they were not yet Jews. In fact evidence suggests that they were far from monotheistic at this period. Little is actually known prior to this about the jews as a people. It has been suggested that Abraham was actually a Mesopotamian prince. This would lead one to believe that the holy name of god may be linked to the dawn of man.

Thank you Birdstrike. I actually have most of the books written by Knight and Lomas in my library. I agree they are interesting reads.

From what little I know the 72 names of God are hidden in the book of Exodus and Genesis, right? On the pyramid on the back of the dollar bill - if you count the number of bricks you will see there are 72.

I agree with most of what you said about the Jews also. I have also read that Abraham was from Ur (Mesopotamia) but... think about this for a moment:

Abraham's wife is SARA. What are the chances that they are Hindu gods turn into mythical "Jewish" ancestral biblical characters? You have the god BRAHMA whose goddess wife is named SARAswati...
ABRAHAM/BRAHMA AND SARA/SARASWATI?

~~352~~

#4060 - 02/10/08 08:51 PM Re: Shem Hamphorash [Re: birdstrike]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Plus Birdstrike, consider this for a moment.
The Book of Exodus states that God led a bunch of Jews out of Egypt to their promise land. And then it says that they wandered around the wilderness of Sin for 40 years... many people interpret the Wilderness of Sin to mean the Sinai Peninsula, which is between Egypt and Palestine...

If you take a map and gaged the distance between Egypt and palistine, there is NO WAY it would take anyone 40 years to walk the distance, unless you were really, really lost and went in circles for 39 and a half years, but they were led by God who appeared as a pillar of fire and cloud of smoke in the sky, so there's no way they could ever be lost, unless the all knowing God took many wrong turns and led his people in circles? And the idea that 100 thousand to a million people were lost in the god forsaken desert of the Sinai peninsula for 40 years is also ridiculous to imagine... to me at least. There is no archaeological evidence of there ever being any kind of exodus of a massive number of people in the area; and being lost in Sinai for 40 years would mean a temporary settlement of some sort, which there are non - you'd die, there's no water?

In India there is the Sindus river. The area at the mouth of the the Sindus river is known to the locals as either Sind or Sin, which is a true wilderness (Jungle). Sind is now a part of Pakistan (after the English divided colonial India into Hindu and Muslim nations). It would make more sense that they took 40 years traveling from the Sind to the Promise land.

Then there is the slight linguistic connection between Hebrew and Kashmiri and Sanskrit. I'll give you 2 examples:
SELA(hebrew)-SELA(sanskrit): both means stone or rock
BTh or BeTH(hebrew)-PaTi(sanskrit): both means house

http://moshiach.com/tribes/ns/4.html
http://www.viewzone.com/matlock.html

Then there is the not so well known old tradition of the graves of Aaron, Moses, Solomon, and Jesus, being in Kashmir (Northern India):

You can find some junk about this here:
http://www.jesus-kashmir-tomb.com/

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (02/10/08 09:45 PM)

~~352~~

#4165 - 02/12/08 11:27 PM Re: Shem Hamphorash [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: LUCIFERIFIC
I'll share something with those interested in the Shem Ha Mephoresh which I found to be quite interesting. It has something to do with talking decapitated heads, the Templars, and the Baphomet.

When I came across the word Shem Hamphorash in the Satanic Bible I was a little surprised at first in finding out that there is a bit of Jewish mysticism in Satanism. I questioned it; what was it doing in the Satanic Bible, and why was it used in satanic rituals?

Back then all I knew about the word Shem Hamphorash was it had something to do with 72 sacred names of YHVH... or demons to some sources.

In another section of TSB i learned that "Knights Templarism" inspired certain aspects of Satanism... being associated with the Baphomet and such. So I figured I'd set out and find Templars and become one myself.

Unfortunately the real order of Templars dissolved long ago; but I learned from legends that they had gone to Scotland and became Freemasons (which I doubt to this day). After studying Freemasonry for a while I learned that the York Rite which has 13 degrees ends with the Order of Knights Templar.

But there was only one thing. My sources had told me that the York Rite was Christian and the Scottish Rite was more or less not so Christian. I wasn't sure what to do at the time, as I figured that going up the York Rite might cause a bit of confusion to me. So I gathered some of my Satanist friends and asked them to become Freemasons first and I send them thru the Scottish Rite, and asked for their report and impression of it.

They came back stating that it was dilapidated and worthless. The 32 degrees where no more. You could just get all of it for a price in three days and learn nothing new. When joining the Scottish Rite they just sit you in a big auditorium and you watch 4 plays. Each play is a ritual of a degree in the Scottish Rite. Between each play some guy confers "degrees" on you verbally; then you go home with your 32 degrees. One degree you are asked to take an oath to live by the 10 commandments... in the Rose Croix degree you kiss and parade around a cross with INRI on it - in other words it was Christian. So I went up the York Rite.

The first degree taught about Reason, and paying Rational Homage to Deity... which the old Deists used to say.

The second degree taught the Liberal Arts and Sciences; stressed science over Faith; and had a commentary which stated that the Book of Nature was the word of the Great Architect, the reading of it was called Science, and to which Freemasonry was but a weak commentary.

The Master Mason degree taught that the Great Architect was some universal force which pervades all of Nature in its lecture; which reminded me of how LaVey described both "Satan" and God in certain sections of TSB.

I wasn't disappointed. The Holy Royal Arch degree teaches that the Great Architect was the God of Nature, and that Nature was his immutable Holy Book.

It was in the 9th degree of the York Rite, called Cryptic Masonry that I was taught about the Shem Ha Mephoresh. It was a very strange, and almost morbid lecture for something so supposedly Christian. I will first reproduce it as we receive it during our initiation; then comment on it; then add my personal SPECULATIONS. This lecture will shed light on the use of the Baphomet.

The Lecture of the "Shem Ha Mephoresh" of the Select Master - 9th Cryptic Degrees:

"The Jews believed that the named of God had great power. it cured them of evils, warned them of danger, restored the dead to life, brought fire from heaven, rent building asunder, maimed and destroyed their enemies, and filled them with great wisdom; the Rabbis called it "Shem Ha Mephoresh," meaning The Unutterable Name. That the word inspired the possessor with great wisdom, the sacred record testifies in many instances... It was by this that enabled the three Grand Masters to erect such a magnificent structure, the likes of which has not been before seen.

"The Arabians have the tradition that the Word was engraved on the seal of a ring, and gave them power over Djin, Dives, Afreets, Ghouls and other evil spirits, imprisoning them and confining them at the bottom of the sea by impressing on them the signet. By the Egyptians they wore it as an amulet or averter of danger, and source of power. we now see by the inspiration it gave its possessor what struck Solomon with such consternation and anxiety on the death of Hiram Abiff.

"The Shem Ha Mephoresh was pronounced once a year by the high priest, amid the clang of cymbals, at the feast of expiation, to bring life and abundance to the new year. It was not lawful to pronounce it at any other time. After centuries of never pronouncing the word, it was lost.

"After the loss of the word, the Jews endeavoured to find a substitute by an idol, called by the Rabbis Teraphim. According to tradition a Teraph was constructed in this wise:

"A decapitated head of a first born person, or a dead born child, was placed on a golden plate, on whose rim was engraved magical characters. under the tongue they placed a laminar of gold, on which was engraved further magical characters and inscriptions of certain planets. After performing invocations before it, it was endowed with speech to foretell events, give power over enemies, and impart divine wisdom."

My commentary of the lecture:

So from what I get, the word YHVH had all these magical powers. The word Shem Ha Mephoresh meaning the Unspeakable Name was used to refer to this magical word. This word was uttered by a high priest once a year with clangings of cymbals and shit; but after so many centuries of not saying the word it was lost.

Because it was lost the priests decided to find a substitute for this holy name of God... in the form of a decapitated head, which had magical powers to foretell events, give magical powers over enemies, and impart Divine Wisdom???

I'm wondering how a Priest of God saw that it was reasonable to replace God's lost Holy Name with a decapitated head with magical powers???

Speculation:

The Templars were obsessed with decapitated heads, skulls, and weird goat heads. They have built Churches and structures which they actually adorned with heads and skulls. Then there are the several golden goat skulls and heads that were confiscated by the Church during their trial, and under torture they call these things Baphomet, and stated that it imparted wisdom to them, and had al sorts of magical powers.

At first I believed this was all made up by the Church and forced onto to Templars via torture to condemn them as heathens. But then after studying their supposed connections with an Ismaelite order called the Assassins, or Hashashim, and learning that the Assassins; living outside of Christendom and the power of the Church; were also obsessed with decapitated heads, and openly practiced talking with their "Terephims" to help them expand their empire.

So this Baphomet of the Templars has magical powers and imparts divine wisdom....

There is a rabbinical or "kabbalistic" cipher called the Atbash cipher which consists of writing the hebrew alphabet from Aleph to Tau, then bellow it writing the alphabet backwards starting with Tau to Aleph. Letters are simply interchanged to make the cipher...

When you spell the word BAPHOMET with hebrew letters and process it thru the atbash cipher you get the word SOPHIA.

Sophia is greek for WISDOM.

So in the Satanic Bible, Anton uses the word Shem Hamphorash... the Baphomet... and uses the words "Undefiled Wisdom." Anton also uses the Shem Hamphorash and Baphomet in the same context as the high priests and Templars - magically.

I took what I learned back to Freemasonry. The Worshipful Master is represented by the Pillar of WISDOM in the East, the Lodges source of Light. Wisdom corresponds with Baphomet.

Thats all I have to share for now. It help shed some light on the Baphomet in Satanism, and I thought it could help out others who were wondering.

As I pointed above there are some Jewish Kabbalism; Templarism; and Christian Gnosism found in Satanism. Lets take a closer look at them for a second, starting with the Jewish mysticism.

We learned that the Shem Ha Mephoresh (YHVH) has magical powers. But what is not taught is where that power comes from. The word or name itself does not have any power.

Jehovah (YHVH) to the ancient israelites had a feminine half called the Holy Shekinah. This Holy Shekinah was the Divine Light and Presence which sat at the Mercy Seat of the Ark of the Covenant.

This Shekinah is said to be attracted to the Shem Ha Mephoresh. When the priest vibrates it correctly, She descends from above and enters his body becoming the source of the magical powers attributed to the Name of God.

In ancient times the Shekinah was a Goddess known as Asherah. To the Egyptians she is known as "Ashesh" or Isis. In Sumeria she is known as Ishtar.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art48784.asp

This isn't the only time where a Goddess pops up in Satanism.

As I pointed out before when the word BAPHOMET is processed thru the Atbash Cipher you get the word SOPHIA:

http://www.templarhistory.com/atbash.html

The word Sophia doesn't just mean Wisdom (as in Anton's "Undefiled Wisdom); to the Gnostic Christians She is the third person of the Holy Trinity - the Holy Spirit Herself. And just as the Shekinah is the feminine aspect of God - Sophia is the Bride of God. Sophia is also the Goddess and Mother of Wisdom. In the Biblical book of Proverbs when you read the word "Wisdom" in English, it is "Sophia" in the original Greek.

http://www.goddessgift.com/goddess-myths/sophia-goddess-wisdom.htm

But; this isn't the only place where a Goddess pops up in Satanism.

We saw how the Goat Head Baphomet is a Veiled Goddess of Wisdom - the Gnostic Holy Spirit.

The Star the head is in is Venus the Goddess of Love and Beauty:

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/anti-masonry/venus.html

Every 40 years the planet Venus traces a Pentagram in the sky.

But this isn't the only place where a Goddess pops up in Satanism either.

Around the Star and Goat Head are the Hebrew letters - "LVYThN."
It is Leviathan in English. The story goes that God cast the Leviathan into the dark ocean, whatever it was. The Talmud and other traditions states that Leviathan was a part of YHVH, his emotional, wrathful half. He divided himself and cast this half into the sea. Here again we see theme of God being two entities in one - a hermaphrodite. Read Genesis carefully:

"Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.' So God created MAN in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them...the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh; and the rib which the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, 'this at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.'" (Gen. 1:26,27; 2:22-25)

Man was made first male and female, like god was, then eve was taken apart from Man...

The word LVYThN is made up of two Hebrew words: LVY and ThN. The word LVY (Levi) means a CROOK; COIL; or CURVE. The Levites - the Israelite priests were named such after their staff they carried which had a crook or coil to it.

The word ThN (Than) means a dragon or Serpent. Put together Leviathan means a "curved, crooked, or coiled serpent." In Sanskrit the word for a Coiled Serpent is KUNDALINI (is actually means the Coiled One with a feminine suffix - -INI).

The Kundalini in Tantrika and Shaktism is a coiled serpent or dragon which lays sleeping in the base chakra. The area around this base chakra in Tantrika is refered to as a Dark Sea or Ocean.

http://www.tantra-kundalini.com/

This Kundalini is a Goddess and her name is Shakti. When Shakti is raised up the spine she gives Divine Wisdom and Illumination.

Shakti is the female half of Shiva, literal half:

http://www.shaivam.org/gallery/image/forms/ma_ardh_blr_cox.jpg

Once again we see the same theme - a Goddess of Wisdom, who is a feminine half of a God.

The question is what are all these Goddesses doing in Satanism? Was Anton a total dork who just arbitrarily and hastily found random symbols to use in his new religion? Or was he more intelligent? Has this Goddess always had a secret place in LaVey's heart? Its hard to say no when we see him standing before a nude altar - the object and focal point of his ritual devotion; or surrounded by nubile woman.

http://www.mephistophelianmidway.com/articles/jaybird67.html

So whatever happened to those women? Where have all the Satanic Witches in pantiless miniskirts and heels gone? Where have all the voluptuous altars gone? Where have all the Turnips gone?

It seems as if when Anton past on, he took with him something from Satanism. Persephone has left Hades with him; and now all that is left is plain boring darkness.

Satanism used to be a religion which embraced the love, lust, and pleasures of life; it use to be sexy. Being a satanist was like drooling over a hot naked girl. Now its like looking at an old nun whose shoving a bible in your face, and plunging doctrines and dogma down your throat.

It use to be a religion that idolized and made gods out of Animals and Children, each Satanist admonished to mimic and learn from them:

"The purest form of carnal existence reposes in the bodies of animals and children... Therefore the Satanist holds these beings in a SACRED REGARD, knowing he can learn much from these natural magicians of the world." ASL - TSB pg. 89

"Less ye be as little children, ye shall never enter the Kingdom of Heaven..." Jesus Christ.

We aren't free and feral like any animal now. We instead as Satanists strives to live like lawyers and priests, ranting laws, doctrines, and dogma; each trying to out do the other.

We don't even pay lip service to the Children we idolize anymore. We've lost our Satanic innocence; we no longer see the world like them; we don't strive to be like them anymore. Instead we try to look like zombies and vampyres.

When Anton passed on, something in Satanism left with him. All we have now is a book of dead letters, and the reflection in our mirrors we so venerate and adore. So blinded by our it, and the dark imagery we project into it, we fail to recognize that our most magical and intimate symbols all point to a Goddess of Life, Love, and Wisdom. Pan's flute plays no more around here; the music has fallen silent; our organist has left the House.

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (02/12/08 11:34 PM)

~~352~~

#4214 - 02/13/08 11:15 PM Re: Shem Hamphorash [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
The hour is late and I am a bit tired but I am feeling creative and I wanted to give you (and our company) a bit of feedback on this excellent post.

I too have studied this subject in much the same way you have. I find common intertwined threads in the Templars, Freemasonry, the Kabbalah, the Founding Fathers, Sufism, Modern Satanism, ONA, the work of Crowley, and H.P. Lovecraft's stories.

I would like to take a few key issues point by point:

Quote:
But there was only one thing. My sources had told me that the York Rite was Christian and the Scottish Rite was more or less not so Christian.

Diabolic is it not!? Crowley goes to great lengths to advise doing things in reverse, contrary, or opposite of the norm.

Quote:

And a truth (Hadith in Arabic or Satan-Sun Hadith as Crowley put it) that would be very disturbing to the Church and kings of the 1300's - the fact that all beings are born free and have God given (or Natural) rights. The central authority does not confer rights to the individual, instead, the individual is born with all of his rights fully intact and govt can only take these natural rights away. This very knowledge is dangerous to the Status Quo as it empowers all individuals to have an individual self-worth apart from what is conferred to them by society at large.

Quote:
This lecture will shed light on the use of the Baphomet.

As you may already know, the Baphomet is usually considered to mean 'the head.' This is generally believed what the Inquisitors got out of the Templars. In some cases Baphomet is believed to be a bastardization of Abufihamat, meaning "Father of Understanding." Abufihamat may also have a Babylonian root. I am pretty sure that the Templars discovered "The Wisdom of Solomon" under what is today the Temple Mound in Palestine. It is not so much that they discovered magic but rather discovered a system of modern banking, science and medicine.

Quote:
The Arabians have the tradition that the Word was engraved on the seal of a ring, and gave them power over Djin, Dives, Afreets, Ghouls and other evil spirits, imprisoning them and confining them at the bottom of the sea by impressing on them the signet.

I am pretty sure that Crowley and Lovecraft were reading the same books because the both elude to this sort of thing.

Quote:
So from what I get, the word YHVH had all these magical powers.

And the Kabbalah, Church of the Subgenius, and the movie "Pi" all travel down this road.

Quote:
The Templars were obsessed with decapitated heads, skulls, and weird goat heads.

Well, the Inquisitors all hung this on them anyway. Of course, the medieval Church was also pretty obsessed with death imagery. Naturally, an elite battle hardened corp such as the Templars would have quite a familiarity with death and would have adopted it's imagery into it's own. This is no different than modern armies using skulls in it's motifs. After all, the skull is one of the few things left long after death that can identify the former owner. "To be or not to be...."

It is also worth noting that the head of a goat shares a good deal of anatomy with the human head. This is why Special Forces medics train on live goats even though pigs have more in common with us in terms of organs and tissue. A goat's head also would also better illustrate the Sacred Geometry found in Hermetic traditions.

Quote:

Actually, it is a translation from Hebrew to Greek, to Latin that yields Sophia. This is common in the ancient world as Hebrew is almost always translated to Greek then to Latin.

Anyway...

Great stuff and thanks for sharing. Keep the hits coming. That is why this is the only game in town for Satanic forums and why we try to raise the bar around here. Thanks...

#4243 - 02/14/08 08:46 PM Re: Shem Hamphorash [Re: Fist]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Originally Posted By: Fist
The hour is late and I am a bit tired but I am feeling creative and I wanted to give you (and our company) a bit of feedback on this excellent post.

I too have studied this subject in much the same way you have. I find common intertwined threads in the Templars, Freemasonry, the Kabbalah, the Founding Fathers, Sufism, Modern Satanism, ONA, the work of Crowley, and H.P. Lovecraft's stories.

I would like to take a few key issues point by point:

Quote:
But there was only one thing. My sources had told me that the York Rite was Christian and the Scottish Rite was more or less not so Christian.

Diabolic is it not!? Crowley goes to great lengths to advise doing things in reverse, contrary, or opposite of the norm.

Quote:

And a truth (Hadith in Arabic or Satan-Sun Hadith as Crowley put it) that would be very disturbing to the Church and kings of the 1300's - the fact that all beings are born free and have God given (or Natural) rights. The central authority does not confer rights to the individual, instead, the individual is born with all of his rights fully intact and govt can only take these natural rights away. This very knowledge is dangerous to the Status Quo as it empowers all individuals to have an individual self-worth apart from what is conferred to them by society at large.

Quote:
This lecture will shed light on the use of the Baphomet.

As you may already know, the Baphomet is usually considered to mean 'the head.' This is generally believed what the Inquisitors got out of the Templars. In some cases Baphomet is believed to be a bastardization of Abufihamat, meaning "Father of Understanding." Abufihamat may also have a Babylonian root. I am pretty sure that the Templars discovered "The Wisdom of Solomon" under what is today the Temple Mound in Palestine. It is not so much that they discovered magic but rather discovered a system of modern banking, science and medicine.

Quote:
The Arabians have the tradition that the Word was engraved on the seal of a ring, and gave them power over Djin, Dives, Afreets, Ghouls and other evil spirits, imprisoning them and confining them at the bottom of the sea by impressing on them the signet.

I am pretty sure that Crowley and Lovecraft were reading the same books because the both elude to this sort of thing.

Quote:
So from what I get, the word YHVH had all these magical powers.

And the Kabbalah, Church of the Subgenius, and the movie "Pi" all travel down this road.

Quote:
The Templars were obsessed with decapitated heads, skulls, and weird goat heads.

Well, the Inquisitors all hung this on them anyway. Of course, the medieval Church was also pretty obsessed with death imagery. Naturally, an elite battle hardened corp such as the Templars would have quite a familiarity with death and would have adopted it's imagery into it's own. This is no different than modern armies using skulls in it's motifs. After all, the skull is one of the few things left long after death that can identify the former owner. "To be or not to be...."

It is also worth noting that the head of a goat shares a good deal of anatomy with the human head. This is why Special Forces medics train on live goats even though pigs have more in common with us in terms of organs and tissue. A goat's head also would also better illustrate the Sacred Geometry found in Hermetic traditions.

Quote:

Actually, it is a translation from Hebrew to Greek, to Latin that yields Sophia. This is common in the ancient world as Hebrew is almost always translated to Greek then to Latin.

Anyway...

Great stuff and thanks for sharing. Keep the hits coming. That is why this is the only game in town for Satanic forums and why we try to raise the bar around here. Thanks...

Thanks Fist...
Yes, the mighty Jehovah-One. I was a member (minister) of the Church of the SubGenius. Fun Church, great people. Their books are way out there. Makes David Ike sound factual and intelligent.
But the CoSG is like a good party - gotta know when to leave a good party - before it dies out.

I used to think that Freemasonry came from the Templars, but ever since I found out that the Steinmetzens of Germany (what would be Germany) were documented to be the first to use the Square and Compass, the first to use the words Free, Accepted, and Freemason; were the first to have three degrees, with grips, and passwords; the first to have a Master and Wardens governing their Lodges; the first to have speculative masonry; and the first to have a Grand Lodge in 1129AD I changed my mind on our origins.

But even the Steinmetzens and French Companionage both have an older common ancestor, because they are so similar. I don't want to bore you with this Masonic shit.

I now realize your right - this is the best forum for Satanists.

~~352~~

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.