Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#40611 - 07/21/10 12:58 PM "We just want to talk to him." ~Sumner Redstone
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

"We're not going to kill" the source, "We just want to talk to him." ~Sumner Redstone

Viacom mogul tries to find reporter's source

NEW YORK Viacom chief Sumner Redstone is facing an embarrassing story about a voicemail message left to a reporter in an attempt to find out the source of a story.
Redstone made the call to Peter Lauria, reporter for the Daily Beast website, about a story on Redstone's interest in pushing MTV to do a show about a band called the Electric Barbarellas. On the message, Redstone tells the reporter that "we're not going to kill" the source, adding: "We just want to talk to him."

The 87-year-old Redstone also tells the reporter he will be "well rewarded and well protected" if he gives up the source. Lauria told NBC's "Today" show Wednesday he wouldn't do it.
Full Story

Viacom has not been getting much good publicity I myself try to boycott as much Viacom merchandise as I can but I fall short on South Park I always buy the dvds.

*sigh* Sometimes Im so weak

So should this Viacom chairman be held accountable for what would more than likely be considered a terrorist threat to most anyone else?

~T~

#40618 - 07/21/10 02:44 PM Re: "We just want to talk to him." ~Sumner Redstone [Re: ta2zz]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
I dont think what Redstone said merits legal charges, although he certainly has some explaining to do. I suspect that he had no intention of using strong-armed tactics against the reporter or his source, but rather he chose his words very poorly and it came back to bite him. In any event, the embarrassment (and possible financial repercussions) he and his company are facing should serve as punishment enough.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 15 queries. Zlib compression disabled.