Page 6 of 14 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#41180 - 08/01/10 02:14 AM Re: Touching the Monolith [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Caladrius Offline

Loc: SoCal
 Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino

So this thread, as indeed various others in 600C, has once again lost the integrity of its reasoning to a chest-thumping pledge of allegiance to Atheism. Any argument which strays from the gospel of absolute randomness & accident in the human phenomenon commits the blasphemy of "THEISM!" and must be denounced to & by the Thought Police. This "THEISM!" has thus, and not a little ironically, become the 600C's "Devil".

[...]

Well, like Plato, I can enter the cave and unchain those facing the Darkness; but I cannot force anyone to turn around and face, much less enter the Light. Within the limits of the 600C Forum, I merely assert that it is possible, and is your option.

I don't think its really about "Atheism versus theism" Aquino. It's more about rational people versus a guy who has a "one-size-fits-all" explanation. You can't even talk about evolution without falling back to "Set" and quoting Setian "scriptures."

And I doubt you are the liberator in Plato's cave. If I recall correctly there are people in the cave watching shadows dancing on the walls. The elders up in the front of the cave interprets the dancing shadows for the cave people.

There is one guy in the front of that cave named Aquino who interprets those shadows as Set and Neterus...

Rather than cast your eyes [Awareness: Chitta] on the 'subject' of this discussion to see it and apprehend it as it is [samma dhiti] you instead misdirect your own attention [Chitta] and other [your 5 followers] onto something called "Set" and you glorify this idol [in so far that it fixates Chitta's awareness onto itself - attachment/tanha] as the answer to all things. How is that in essence different then what Christians do? It's the same shit, different ass.

Just check yourself in this thread. You can't even rationally talk about evolution without pulling out your buddy Set and using "him" to explain things... and you even use the same scripture quoting tactics [quoting yourself and other pro-Toser sources].

Everybody in this thread seems to be throwing ideas and arguments about the idea and concept of evolution like they should to me... mean while you bring out your sock puppet Set in this thread. Nobody 'derailed' this thread but Set.

#41181 - 08/01/10 03:05 AM Re: Touching the Monolith [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
My point was that you could substitute any god in that text and make someone else happy.

"chest-thumping pledge of allegiance to Atheism."
Hmm, I don't think I did/said this, but if Set is a neteru/principle/idea then why would he need to be worshiped?

If he is an idea created by humans, how is he also a godform?
Or is it more like a HGA that comes down and inspires you once you possibly reach "enlightenment" ala Crowley?

"I can enter the cave and unchain those facing the Darkness; but I cannot force anyone to turn around and face, much less enter the Light"

I have been in the cave, and I know what lies in the Darkness. I have no need to go towards anyone else's version of the light. I can see quite well with my own Black Flame.

Thought Police, me?? I don't know about that but I do look good in my Police uniform.

If at the end of it all, I find myself in some gods presence, I will punch him for being a dick/absentee landlord. If at the end of it all, I am just dust in the wind, may I blind my enemies.

Morgan

#41182 - 08/01/10 03:20 AM Re: Touching the Monolith [Re: Morgan]
Caladrius Offline

Loc: SoCal
 Originally Posted By: Morgan

If at the end of it all, I find myself in some gods presence, I will punch him for being a dick/absentee landlord. If at the end of it all, I am just dust in the wind, may I blind my enemies.

Morgan

"Absentee Landlord;" I'll have to remember that...

"Dust In The Wind" is a beautiful song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qxSwJC3Ly0

#41184 - 08/01/10 03:49 AM Re: Well looky here! [Re: Dan_Dread]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
Well Well Well, It seems our little cotton-candy Satanist might have some fire in her after all! \:\)

I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised.

Cotton candy? I prefer "bubble gum." ;\) I may come across as an MCoS Powerpuff Girl, but I'm Buttercup, not Bubbles.

His initial claim was a lack of transitory forms is damaging to evolutionary theory… He further claimed we should expect to see a complete fossil record if evolution was true…

I just re-scanned Aquino’s every post looking for where he said that, and came up blank. In his first post, Dr. Aquino asked for “intermediates,” which I took to mean, as you described, “'intermediate' primates still alive today.” I suppose you could say he meant transitory forms/missing links. But I don’t see much to support that interpretation, besides others’ replies.

…well frankly I find your posts to be long on words and short on substance, so I haven't been reading them.

I'll admit I'm a long winded bitch and I don't always know when to shut up, but I think it's a bit premature to claim I'm "short on substance" if you haven't read my posts in the first place. "TL, DR" would have sufficed.

#41186 - 08/01/10 03:54 AM Re: Touching the Monolith [Re: Morgan]
XiaoGui17 Offline

A god is a god is a god.
It's all the same.
If you think Set, Jesus's Dad, Tiamat, or Odin gave you intelligence and made humans their special pet project it's all the same. You end up on your knees worshiping an idea that was created by some drunken idiot who was afraid of the darkness.

Get it? Its all the same.
Its a big fucking leap of faith for a given situation that one knows nothing about.

That’s all well and good if Dan Dread & company wanted to smugly think to themselves how silly Aquino’s position is. But when someone actively challenges the advocate of a particular claim with a rebuttal, they need to make an actual argument. An argument is a collective series of statements meant to establish a proposition. “All gods are imaginary!” isn’t an argument; it’s a verbal middle finger. If you think all theism is stupid and unworthy of discussion, you don’t discuss it all. The second someone initiates a debate about Set or any other being, they need to have straight what it is they’re arguing against.

I think you need to get more. There are a lot of Xitians that understand how evolution/mutation works. They just don't give a shit, meaning they don't care. They can see it, read it, look at it, but it doesn't mean anything because in their unmoving dumb sheep heart's God (Jesus's Dad) created everything in 7 days.

When I referred to “creationists,” I wasn’t talking about the everyday Xian who rejects evolution because he doesn’t like it. I’m talking about an active advocate of creationism (Ben Stein, Kent Hovind, Ken Ham, etc) that actually formulates arguments for his position (irreducible complexity, missing links, or attempts to undermine the veracity of carbon dating). All of these arguments hinge on a false understanding of the science they are attacking. Whether the advocates are ignorant or just playing dumb, their arguments are based on a foundation of ignorance. As for whether they hold these positions in good faith, I’ve successfully convinced a few (now former) creationists in the past once I clarified their misunderstandings, so at least some of them are genuinely confused and not just in denial.

I would refrain from attacking and being nasty to Dan, your last comment was unbecoming and totally unnecessary to the discussion.

In this thread, when I commented on every other word out of a new member’s mouth being profanity, you replied (to someone who concurred with me),

This isn't the MCOS, we aren't nice and fucking hand holding hippies.

You’ve said as much elsewhere. OK, then—I get it. The 600 Club is a tough community. We’re not here to sit around a campfire, make organic s’mores, and sing Kumbaya to the Dark Lord.

So presumably, if I’m in a heated argument and everyone’s got their claws out, and if I back up what I’m saying, I could be as verbally aggressive as everyone else was already being… right?

Let’s review what’s been said in this thread: ta2zz referred to Aquino’s inquiry as a “stupid question,”, Autodidact (a more junior member than me) ran with this and described Aquino as a “stupid person,”, 6Satan6Archist6 said of Aquino “just when I thought my opinion of you couldn't get any lower,” Aquino implied that Dan Dread is an ape (and referred to him as a 40 watt bulb), ceruleansteel said that Aquino’s assertions are all pulled out of his ass, and Dan Dread referred to Aquino’s arguments as “hollow rhetorical bullshit.”

Out of all that was said, my post was “nasty” and “unbecoming”?

Seeing as he described himself as “pleasantly surprised,” it would appear Dan Dread is, at the very least, all in one piece in spite of lil’ ol’ me giving him a hard time about what turned out to be a reasonable misunderstanding about who he was addressing in his post. He’s a big boy. I’m sure he can take care of himself.

#41187 - 08/01/10 04:11 AM Re: Touching the Monolith [Re: XiaoGui17]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Xio shut up and stop defending Aquino. How can you breathe so far up his ass?

Once again you miss the point of what I said. You should go and re-read it.

Ohh, good for you you changed some creationist minds so they are more confused. What did you change them into? Idiots with common sense or just regular Xitians?

So suck a dick. That was a introduction thread where all you idiots jumped on a new members cock and he didn't deserve it. Thanks to shit like that, we lose quality members. Your comment in regards to Dan was pointless and didn't fit the discussion. Two completely different things/situations. If you can't see or understand the difference, I pity you.

If you are trying to be tough in your posts and back your shit up, you are failing. There is a difference between coming across strong with information and playing at being strong.

I try to avoid personal attacks Vanessa but I think you need to get a better grip on your Satanic wanna be shit. I call it like I see it, your previous posting comments were unnecessary. Maybe I just hold female supposed Satanist to a higher standard.

Morgan

#41188 - 08/01/10 04:15 AM Re: Touching the Monolith [Re: XiaoGui17]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

That’s all well and good if Dan Dread & company wanted to smugly think to themselves how silly Aquino’s position is. But when someone actively challenges the advocate of a particular claim with a rebuttal, they need to make an actual argument

Not really. There is no need to argue against theism. It is up to the one making the positive claim to provide evidence if said claim is to be taken seriously, and 'set told me so' is certainly not very persuasive. At least not to anyone with a 3 digit IQ.

In that sense, theism is theism is theism, as Morgan so aptly stated. Any belief that requires an invocation of faith to stand is epistemologically worthless, and is on a level playing field with any other claim of faith.

This is why all faith claims are equal, and completely unworthy of consideration.

#41189 - 08/01/10 04:30 AM Re: Touching the Monolith [Re: XiaoGui17]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
But when someone actively challenges the advocate of a particular claim with a rebuttal, they need to make an actual argument. An argument is a collective series of statements meant to establish a proposition. “All gods are imaginary!” isn’t an argument; it’s a verbal middle finger.

You are making a valid claim here, but the attitude is an automatic reaction towards the always repeated question "state it". Most are done here with argumenting against the belief in gods or other mythological creations.
Another remark would be the obvious question "what the hell is he/she doing here" when the general non-belief in gods is obvious, yet someone who claims to have been reading and looking around for some time starts talking about "dark gods", sub-dimensional beings etc... I fail to see the logic of giving texts in which the belief in a god is used for explanation in a place where atheists reside. This attitude is what I see as a verbal middle finger.
I even wonder why Aquino ended up with a blue jacket in the first place. Admitted he has some knowledge about what happened pre-1975 and some contributions towards Satanism back then, he neverless turned his back many years ago and dedicated himself to Set. His repeated nagging over theist vs Atheist would have resulted in almost a permaban to other members if they even dared to do the same.

The Setian philosophy can be located under LHP-thought, yet is vastly different from what is thought about here. As I see it, Set and his magical inspiration/explanations do not belong here.

Edited by Dimitri (08/01/10 04:44 AM)

#41191 - 08/01/10 05:18 AM Re: Touching the Monolith [Re: Morgan]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Xio shut up and stop defending Aquino. How can you breathe so far up his ass?

Defending? I made a point of stating how he had fallen short of establishing his position. How does that constitute a defense?

Maybe I just hold female supposed Satanist to a higher standard.

Good to know you at least have some excuse for giving me shit where others in this thread were let off making gratuitous personal attacks and insulting one anothers' intelligence.

#41192 - 08/01/10 05:22 AM Re: Touching the Monolith [Re: XiaoGui17]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

If he can not explain HIS own personal interactions and answer questions about a group/religion HE created, how can you?
In that regard you are defending him and his position.

Get it?

No, not an excuse. I just call it like I see it. You still need to get a better grip on things Vanessa.

Morgan

#41193 - 08/01/10 05:27 AM Re: Touching the Monolith [Re: Morgan]
XiaoGui17 Offline

No, not an excuse. I just call it like I see it. You still need to get a better grip on things Vanessa.

Morgan

What would constitute a "better grip," exactly? Constantly reading/explaining/learning about things that I already agree with? What's the point of dialogue if I'm all doing is constantly reinforcing beliefs I already hold or confirming a position I already support? That's intellectual masturbation.

Excuse the flying fuck out of me for playing devil's advocate and actually taking the time to understand my opposition. I like the challenge. Apparently, it's frowned upon to build up one's opponents and attempt to actually address something on equal footing. No, let's stick to shooting fish in a barrel.

#41195 - 08/01/10 05:33 AM Re: Touching the Monolith [Re: XiaoGui17]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

WHatever......

Yes, you are doing just that mental/posting masturbation.

I am so done with you derailing this thread.

I still want Aquino to answer my questions if he can find them behind all this recent bullshit. Not you because you don't get it, or understand anything I fucking wrote previously.

Next....

Morgan

#41197 - 08/01/10 09:24 AM Re: Touching the Monolith [Re: Morgan]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

To me the "Gift of Set" is a Promethean approach to put a first cause, the genesis of consciousness (or intelligence) in this case, into our evolution. Because humans "feel" special, there has to have happened something special. In some ways it is like dragging god by the ears into the Neolithic period.

What puzzles me most is why all the focus is on Egypt while the same changes were happening around the globe. Why would Set only bother with the Nile delta and if, who actually was bringing the same gift to China and other parts of the world? What date can one possibly put on the gift without having natural evolution seem more logical than divine interference?

Quote:
<< Acts 2 >>

When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

God repeated the trick somewhat but at least he made them polyglots. Evidence god is no American. ;\)

D.

#41198 - 08/01/10 10:05 AM Re: Touching the Monolith [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Autodidact Offline

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
A god is a god is a god.
It's all the same.

Well, no, it isn't quite.

Yes, it appears to me that it is.

You believe your Set is a separate, superior consciousness, with super-human powers. He's dictated a scripture to you, that use as the basis of your teachings.

From a non-Setian point of view, how is this materially different than, say, Moses?

(and yes, I've read the ebook \:\) )

#41213 - 08/01/10 03:32 PM Re: Touching the Monolith [Re: Autodidact]
TheInsane Offline

Dr. Aquino is not a stupid man by any means but me and him are very far from each other on most philosophical points. And out of the two most prominent subjects where we disagree he's showing very well in this thread why me and him dont agree in the debate on theism.

I do feel, like most here it seems, like you are using Set as just another explanation of what we cannot currently understand. And while other ToS writings seem to have some substance to it the debate on Sets intervention in the evolution of human beings seems to be very childish in nature.

I am not sure its worth discussing this. The last time I tried to go deeper into a subject which I did not agree with you on you choose to not answer me. And with everyone else here also engaging in discussions with you I do see how it can be hard to keep up. But really, to me your explanation of how Set intervened in human evolution sounds exactly like any other form of childish theism (and yes I do feel that there are forms of mature theism even if I personally dont agree with them). To me it seems like a way to explain that which hasnt yet been proven but doing so in a immature way. We don’t have evidence or a complete fossil record therefore it must be “divine intervention”.

And suddenly we are on the edge of the unnaturalness of the human psyche which is where you decided to not answer me the last time we went through it.

Originally Posted By: Autodidact
You believe your Set is a separate, superior consciousness, with super-human powers. He's dictated a scripture to you, that use as the basis of your teachings.

From a non-Setian point of view, how is this materially different than, say, Moses?

(and yes, I've read the ebook \:\) )

Seems like you didn’t read it close enough. Aquino goes into some detail about how it was NOT dictated to him if I remember correctly.

Page 6 of 14 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.