Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#40821 - 07/25/10 01:00 PM Strategies for Success
Lucifer Rising Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
This really falls more into Psychology, however, we don't have a forum to that. However, considering that I would consider this as a form of Greater Magic, I think it fits in pretty well.

I recently went back to school, and one of the classes I am taking is "Strategies for Success". This is a course developed by Lou Tice and Dr. Joe Pace. The text is Thought Patterns for a Successful Career.

I will quote an excerpt from the introduction of the book.

Quote:
The foundation of all human action is human thought. Our thought process forms the foundation upon which we build every facet of our lives. Therefore, it is important for each of us to understand how our minds work - how we got the habits and attitudes, the beliefs that may stand in the way of releasing our vast inner potential and leading fulfilling and purposeful lives. Our beliefs and expectations about ourselves, our families, our organizations - indeed, our world - are directly reflected in our "performance reality."

Thought Patterns for a Successful Career is designed to build your understanding, with a structured process, of how your mind works, and how you can control the way you think to achieve success - in any part of your life that you desire. Based on decades of research in the fields of cognitive psychology and social learning theory, the education presented here stands at the forefront, reflecting the qualities and characteristics of high-performance individuals and organizations.

To somewhat summarize, it seems to focus on belief and the consequences of your beliefs. If you tell yourself you can't do something, your brain won't let you see your goal. Like how when you can't find your keys and they're sitting right in front of you. It talks about how you subconsciously self-correct to make your environment fit your beliefs about the world. If you succeed beyond what you think you can do or deserve, you will unconsciously find a way to bring yourself back down to the level of success that you expect from yourself. It also talks about habits, things that start as conscious and become subconscious through repetition, such as how you learned your times tables. I'm not very far into it, but these are some of the things that have been brought up thus far.

So far I've found the class interesting. Much of it I've learned by different means, either through my own studies of psychology or the occult. If you haven't heard of this yet, I recommend trying to get hold of this material. If anyone is already familiar with it, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

#40822 - 07/25/10 01:08 PM Re: Strategies for Success [Re: Lucifer Rising]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Do you have any information as to where the material might be obtained from? I'd like to browse through it.

Just from glancing at what you wrote here, it kind of hints at almost being Neuro Linguistic Programing in nature.

#40825 - 07/25/10 01:18 PM Re: Strategies for Success [Re: Asmedious]
Lucifer Rising Offline

I found it fairly cheap at Amazon. I will try to find other possible sources if I have time.

#40831 - 07/25/10 03:18 PM Re: Strategies for Success [Re: Lucifer Rising]
Autodidact Offline

Originally Posted By: Lucifer Rising
This really falls more into Psychology, however, we don't have a forum to that. However, considering that I would consider this as a form of Greater Magic, I think it fits in pretty well.

I recently went back to school, and one of the classes I am taking is "Strategies for Success". This is a course developed by Lou Tice and Dr. Joe Pace. The text is Thought Patterns for a Successful Career.

I am not familiar with the material, but I've learned that the following is the Thought Pattern that leads to success for the vast majority of workers:

Find out what your boss needs done (and possibly also what your boss's boss needs done), and help him get it done.

That's it. Your thoughts are irrelevant; your thinking is irrelevant; your desires are irrelevant. Your boss hired you to help him get things done - help him get those things done (better than your peers), or help him help his boss, and he will reward you.

#40833 - 07/25/10 03:57 PM Re: Strategies for Success [Re: Autodidact]
Lucifer Rising Offline

Originally Posted By: Autodidact

I am not familiar with the material, but I've learned that the following is the Thought Pattern that leads to success for the vast majority of workers:

Find out what your boss needs done (and possibly also what your boss's boss needs done), and help him get it done.

That's it. Your thoughts are irrelevant; your thinking is irrelevant; your desires are irrelevant. Your boss hired you to help him get things done - help him get those things done (better than your peers), or help him help his boss, and he will reward you.

Well, I'm almost halfway through and so far it has only talked about fulfilling your goals, and desires. It talks about taking responsibility for your actions. There are even times I wonder if ol' Lou is a Satanist himself. If it talks about any of the things you said, they're towards the end of the book.

Edited by Lucifer Rising (07/25/10 04:00 PM)
Edit Reason: Just noticed I'm a pledge now. Hooray for me.

#40839 - 07/25/10 06:35 PM Re: Strategies for Success [Re: Lucifer Rising]
Lucifer Rising Offline

I found a video that is almost word for word one of the units in the book here.

#40846 - 07/25/10 09:17 PM Re: Strategies for Success [Re: Lucifer Rising]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Here is the MatthewJ1 formula for success.

1. Join an organisation or community whose reason to be and core values reflect your own to some degree.
2. Determine who is in a position to make the decisions in your organisation or community.
3. Determine the political constitution of your organisation or community by identifying the factions, the participants in the factions and what the factions stand for.
4. Join the faction, which the leadership belongs to, by proving you identify completely and utterly with the goals and values of the faction and give the impression that you will fight to the death to protect and promote the faction.
5. Work your ass off to promote and actualise the decisions of the leadership.
6. Identify a scapegoat/s in opposing faction/s and set them up as the enemy so leadership frustrations are not taken out on you and elitism is maintained.
7. The key to success is to create and destroy the enemy, whilst flattering the leadership and creating an aura of exclusiveness which you and the leadership share alone, and also working your ass off to meet the objectives of the leadership.

Once you have estalished your loyalty and quality and ability to create enemies and destroy them you will promoted up the food chain.

#40850 - 07/25/10 10:30 PM Re: Strategies for Success [Re: ]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Sounds like a recipe for a ass kissing suck up.

Resulting in your being used as a tool and disguarded or thrown away or made to take the fall for whomever is above you that can see through your actions.

But, maybe you will get lucky, Donald Trump is always looking for a new guy to stroke his ego.

M

#40853 - 07/25/10 10:47 PM Re: Strategies for Success [Re: Morgan]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Indeed Morg, but flattery and hard work will get one everywhere.

As long as someone is useful to someone else in a position of power and are not dangerous then they will retain their position, and enlarge upon it in time.

I just wanted to add some additional thoughts.

An organisation or community may state that all its members are more or less working towards the same ends and share the same values, but this is rarely true when the propaganda is dismissed.

The most important thing to remember is that the leadership caste needs enemies and will manufacture enemies whenever they are required.

Enemies are created in the two following basic ways in my experience:

1. An individual is identified as incompetent because he or she is unable or unwilling to understand and follow the rules, or else knowledge is being withheld by a privileged group and therefore the enemy is incompetent through a lack of resources.

2. An individual is perceived and constructed to be a saboteur. The individual who is jealous of the power that those in the leadership and ruling faction exercise is the ideal choice for a perceived saboteur.

A leadership caste can only maintain its distinguished and elitist position by the exercise of power over others, but more than this it is just basic human nature to exercise power and that can only be done if an enemy is created.

#40854 - 07/25/10 11:01 PM Re: Strategies for Success [Re: ]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
I think people spend far too much time thinking on how to succeed and far too little questioning what success is to them. Western culture tends to tell you that you want a job with an impressive title and that you want to make money so you can buy fancy cars, big houses, and other things who's only purpose is to be a monument to how much money you have. And don't forget how we need to feel important by having subordinates to control so we can feel important.

So the more impressionable of us tend to see this as success. I mean, it's what we're expected to want right?

I see a successful person that knows what they want and doesn't allow what they're 'supposed to' want interfere, and that as has figured out how to achieve their goals. People who define their own success regardless if the rest of society thinks they are a failure.

So I don't see any strategies you could present for something as varied and subjective as success. My success is making my bills and sitting around making songs regardless if anyone else listens to them. Having to be a professional social manipulator would be my misery. To each his own.

Edited by TV is God (07/25/10 11:04 PM)

#40855 - 07/25/10 11:30 PM Re: Strategies for Success [Re: ]
Lucifer Rising Offline

Matt and Morg, you're both right. There is plenty of ass kissing when you're trying to be successful. I am planning to start my own business soon after I get out of school, but while I'm in school and trying to gain useful contacts you better bet I'm kissing a lot of ass. Scapegoats are always a good idea, even when you are at the top of the ladder.

This fits in more with The 48 Laws of Power which is something I would also recommend to go along with the course I mentioned, but considering it is already such a popular text among the members here I didn't see much point.

TV, I think you are very much correct in your assessment. So far I haven't found anything that defines what success should be for a person in the course, however. There actually seems to be a lot of focus on figuring out what you want.

Edited by Lucifer Rising (07/25/10 11:42 PM)
Edit Reason: Missed TV's post

#40865 - 07/26/10 06:58 AM Re: Strategies for Success [Re: Lucifer Rising]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
TV is God - are you actually around 100 years old? ;\)
I agree absolutely with what you said and, interestingly (or not, depending on one's interests) this reflects precise what Crowley said about doing one's True Will. You may be a successful lawyer like your father and have a lifestyle many would envy but IF IT IS NOT WHAT YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THEN YOU ARE NOT SUCCESSFUL.
We are only here for a short time.
Due to chronic illness, my avenue to success has not turned out at all like I envisaged it when I determined to better my opportunities by putting myself through University in my late twenties. However, I do feel "successful" - far more so than many people I see stressed out and always looking for the next thing to buy. A modest income has forced me to be unmaterialistic and stimulated my imagination to recycle stuff in an individual way. Having plenty of free time has enabled me to forge and maintain genuine friendships that don't rely on "keeping up" financially. I'm also an excellent networker - a natural talent that has the time to be exploited - so I can involve myself in whatever venture I like, health permitting, and link up people from anywhere in the world.
Would I prefer to be a corporate high-flyer with a huge office suite, a 6-figure salary and an 80 hour week? Not if you paid me. ;\)

#76427 - 05/18/13 11:28 AM Re: Strategies for Success [Re: Lucifer Rising]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Quote:
Your thoughts are irrelevant; your thinking is irrelevant; your desires are irrelevant. Your boss hired you to help him get things done - help him get those things done (better than your peers), or help him help his boss, and he will reward you.

I would say they are quite relevant, especially if you aim to be rewarded by thinking about the deed that will reap the most reward.

Some people opt for a college education, while others just dive in to gain work experience. In terms of success, how you think will lead to what you do.

For example: If you think you can't get a certain job without a degree in that field, you'll most likely not even go out and give it a shot. Granted, some fields require the degree/training through advanced education. That requires thinking things through to seek the education in the first place.

There are many fields of industry out there that you can be successful in with enough ambition and plotting through mental means to take the action. Being successful in your career is just one context, being successful in your life has many avenues.

Consider the number of people that are socially and romantically inept, there's lots of failures in that area. Perhaps it starts with the wrong way of thinking. Patterns of thinking can affect your overall success in what ever area you seek to attain it.

#77910 - 07/10/13 06:02 AM Re: Strategies for Success [Re: TV is God]
334forwardspin Offline

Loc: Las Vegas,NV United States
Great point, I agree with this very much. People often seem to think success has to be what society says it is, and depend on society to tell them if they're successful. As you said, it's usually based on money and materialism.

However, why does that have to be the definition of success? If your goal is to be a master survivalist, you won't make much money. You will however, learn a great variety of survival skills if you apply yourself, to ultimately be self-sufficient, and more well-versed in your chosen field than most people.

It depends on how a person measures success. Society's opinion is worth only what you say it is. It's better to judge your accomplishments on a more factual basis, like the degree of your knowledge or skill/ability.

#77918 - 07/10/13 04:18 PM Re: Strategies for Success [Re: 334forwardspin]
Le Deluge Offline

One ultimately has to define one's own success. For me, it is setting my own challenges and meeting them. Keeping the oaths that I choose to take. Material attainment should be a neutral endeavor imo. It may well come naturally or one may find it unnecessary beyond a given level. Maslow's hierarchy of needs is somewhat instructive along these lines. Even there, one can skip and jump around it as one sees fit.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.