Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#41075 - 07/30/10 03:50 AM Re: Witches [Re: Lamar]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: Lamar
I love Hades so much haha. I need to rent the Hercules cartoon sometime again.

I been attempting to type people as based on "The LaVey Synthezizer Clock" as found in his The Satanic Witch, but in a way of typing peoples body language ie, how 12 o'clocks differ from 6 o'clocks in their general state if that makes sense. I'm still studying this experiment.

12 o'clock stances: Hands on hips, thumbs hooked on pants, arms crossed, feet spread wide, direct and unflinching eye contact. All of these are dominant, aggressive postures.

6 o'clock stances: Holding one arm in the other, hair in eyes, leaning on one leg, tucking one foot behind an ankle while standing, thighs pressed together, knees slightly bent, chewing lip or fingers, fleeting yet frequent glances of eye contact, and lots of staring at the shoes. These indicate shyness and nervousness.

Generally speaking, you're going to see more erect posture the higher on the clock an individual is.

#41105 - 07/30/10 02:41 PM Re: Witches [Re: XiaoGui17]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
This helps alot actually. Body language is something I'm going to start really examining and studying, as it is manifest in typing and cold reading as in my other thread. Thanks for this.
#41309 - 08/02/10 05:04 PM Re: Witches [Re: Lamar]
Lucifer Rising Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
Finally found time to respond here. You have been quite helpful. I've skimmed through and started reading the texts that were provided. There has been some useful information in them. I've also been looking into Derren Brown. I am quite impressed by what I've seen and have picked a few things up. Also, as suggested, I've tried to look more into cold reading.

It is all a bit overwhelming. It is not exactly my first study into these subjects, but it is probably my first in depth study of them. I'm also trying to remix the information, using visualization to try and think of the best ways to use the skills, how they might be combined, and hypothesize what results I expect. Results have been fair thus far. I definitely haven't mastered the skills yet, but they do seem to be having some effect.

Just to note, while I do tend to use LaVey's clock, when I do research such as this I prefer to put aside previous knowledge so I'm not tempted to try to make the information fit. It is not until after the new information is acquired that I investigate the old. It might need to be revised or possibly thrown out entirely if the new data contradicts it. So far it has worked well with the clock though.

Well I'm off again, I'll be lurking around still and posting if I have the time to post something of substance.

#94252 - 11/17/14 07:40 AM Re: Witches [Re: Lucifer Rising]
G.Belbo Offline
stranger

Loc: Greece
I'll suggest the following:

1. What Every BODY is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent’s Guide to Speed-Reading People - Joe Navarro

2. Caro's Book of Poker Tells: The Psychology and Body Language of Poker - Mike Caro

3. Reading Poker Tells - Zachary Elwood

#94296 - 11/18/14 10:55 PM Re: Witches [Re: G.Belbo]
mountaingoat Offline

Loc: Colorado
I will second What Every BODY is Saying. It's a great basic foundation for body reading and behavioral analysis.

-John Fowles

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.