Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#4513 - 02/24/08 11:21 PM Re: Satanism, Satanism and Satanism. [Re: Nyarlathotep2012]
Sven Offline
stranger

So what about the "Satanist" who give Satanism the label as crazies going about killing others in the name of the devil? Are we suppose to justify them just because refer to themselfs as satanist? I personal don't think so, it is more "Christian like" to sit back and accept everyone and everything just because they share the same title as you.

#4527 - 02/25/08 01:23 PM Re: Satanism, Satanism and Satanism. [Re: Sven]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Those "Satanists" you refer to are more Christian than any of us on this forum. Devils indeed....

I'm just glad that the majority of us lot (including yourself) aren't that stupid. That pretty much makes up for the entire forum.

#4533 - 02/25/08 03:24 PM Re: Satanism, Satanism and Satanism. [Re: DistroyA]
Jeseth Offline
pledge

Loc: California
In Judeo-Christian religions there are distinctions between sects. There are Jews, Protestants, Mormons, Baptists, and Catholics to name a few. Their teachings all have at least a few things in common, but they're quite different from each other. Couldn't the same be said of Satanism?

The only thing that seems vastly different to me in making such a comparison, is that modern Satanism reads more like a philosophy than a religion. The term "religion" itself seems to imply that there is faith-based belief system within Satanism. Belief in your own power and abilities isn't faith, it's confidence.

And my personal opinion of theistic-Satanism, is that it's humorous.

#4537 - 02/25/08 04:31 PM Re: Satanism, Satanism and Satanism. [Re: ta2zz]
Nyarlathotep2012 Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: ta2zz

So if you tell me you have a robot named Odin living in your closet, and in reality he is commander of the known universe... I should just smile and think what a silly reality you have... One where the paragraph has yet to be discovered...

OK...

~T~

I really liked that replay. I was directed to a site by Luciferific, and read something that essentially is what I was trying to say but better put.

"In this way is a cycle born - the Source creating, and the created creating the source into form.

Beneath this Objective Reality we experience is the Subjective Collective Psyche - what Jung called the Collective Unconscious. Here, the creative impulse of the human mind is in it's element. Every thought, emotion, image, dream, visualization, and fantasy we manifest with our minds ultimately is etched on the collective fabric of this realm.

Between the Objective Cosmos and the Collective Psyche exists what we call The Abyss. Here, those thoughtforms, creatures, and worlds we give birth to, which has been fed via the umbilical cord of belief of many individual minds becomes more real and experienceble.
These gods of the Abyss have no reality in the Objective Cosmos in and by themselves. It is through each mind; each of us a living gate through which the hoards of the Abyss pass through; that they manifest for a time in our Objective Reality. And while they are here, they have the power to affect this reality as any living creature, weather though their believers minds, bodies, and actions, or by more subtle means. But once the Gate has been closed, that is, once the mind that projected them stops believing in them, and stops feeding thought energy to these thoughtforms; they return to the Netherworld of dreams - deep in the psyche of the human race."

The these beings, to the person that believes in them, exist at the very base as a part of the psyche, a part of the mind that we have yet to tap into, where we are able to learn from, and affect our objective reality with this new found knowledge.

One invokes Satan as merely an Archetype, representing free will and enlightenment, or one invokes him as an actual entity, or as a being formed from the mind.
Is it not for the same basic goal? Peronal enlightenment, growth and advancement in life. That Magick and Deities, whether existing as a being or merely as names we say, are real in the manner that they can be used to affect others, regardless of ones own belief in them, their names, conjurations can be used to effect and manipulate others including our own minds to help us acheive a specific goal.

The gods, the rituals, every tiny piece of the ritual, however you may do yours, is all there to represent something, to create a mindset and a mood in which yours or someone elses reality is able to be manipulated.

And if there was infact a robot in my closet named Odin, and he said he was the commander of the known universe. Granted I would be crazy, but would it not be reality to me? We all exist in a perspective reality, made up of assumptions, thoughts and perceptions that are our own and no one elses.

#6862 - 03/31/08 05:16 PM Re: Satanism, Satanism and Satanism. [Re: ta2zz]
Happy Birthday Lusafyr Offline
stranger

"I find the rules refreshing, though I do find the rule of Aleister Crowley just as fascinating. "Do as you will, shall be the whole of the law." One can easily overlook the complexity and see it as a rule to total anarchy. Yet it is more delicate. If, for example, you want to give a person a hug, you may, unless the other person would dislike it. Then it is against the will of that person, and since Aleister Crowley saw the will as holy, one would be breaking that one rule."

I have to comment on this as Aleister Crowley's writings and ramblings have been extremely misunderstood by so many. Apparently even by those who claim superior intellect. I am not a Thelemite but I have studied, read, researched and put into practice the process of Thelema for many years.

What one must understand is the complete Law. Do what thou Wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love under Will." You cannot break these two concepts into different parts, they are one in the same, Love and Will are two sides to the same coin(hence 93) and a total understanding of both is the only way to understand Thelema.

First, Will. Will, as defined by Aleister Crowley did not have anything to do with physical ideas. The Will is seen, by Crowley, to be a purpose. A firm believer in reincarnation, Crowley saw the Will(capitalized to show the difference) as the true purpose to one's life in this incarnation. Crowley did believe in the will(or ego) of a person but this was a totally different concept from the Will as supposedly divined to him through his guardian angel Aiwass.

Second, Love. Love is seen as a cosmic force. Love would be seen as the prime mover of the universe, much as a "Modern" or "LaVeyan" Satanist sees Satan. Definitely not speaking of love as we mere mortals feel and experience on an emotional or physical level.

To truly understand Crowley, you must understand this concept. Crowley was an extremely esoteric person who believed one could not move forward or learn without intiation. His works cannot be understood by dividing them up into different pieces, following only one part, or by trying to apply them to everyday physical existance. This is why Thelema is not a religion and the OTO is not a church.

#6890 - 03/31/08 09:56 PM Re: Satanism, Satanism and Satanism. [Re: Lusafyr]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: Lusafyr
"I find the rules refreshing, though I do find the rule of Aleister Crowley just as fascinating. "Do as you will, shall be the whole of the law."
Those aren't Crowley's rules. They belong to some other people. Sir Francis Dashwood and his Madmenham Monks used both the word "Thelema" and "Do What Thou Wilt" During the 1700's; and before that a Monk living in the 1500 came up with the Abby of Thelema and the "Do What Thou Wilt" slogan in his utopian novel. The only thing Crowly did for Thelema was resurrect it after it had died out of disinterest and sold it in a slightly different package call a "religion" to a new target market - early 1900AD occultniks. You dig?

~Kayla

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (03/31/08 10:00 PM)

~~352~~

#86569 - 04/16/14 02:25 PM Re: Satanism, Satanism and Satanism. [Re: Sethsryt]
Ferox Offline
pledge

Loc: Adios!
 Originally Posted By: Sethsryt
Is Satanism just one thing?

Satanism is just a word, and it can be whatever you want it to be. Lemmings will agree to almost anything in order to “participate.” Loners operate mainly solitary, and occasionally run in packs. Between the two extremes are a lot of options that can pleasure all kinds of tastes…, hard to choose isn’t it? It can make you “see things,” I know. Good luck with it.

“Satanism has done nothing to discourage the would-be fool to step on stage, it has left him at the mercy of the severest critics - his fellow creatures.” - Anton LaVey.

#86572 - 04/16/14 04:21 PM Re: Satanism, Satanism and Satanism. [Re: Ferox]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Glockenspiel is just a word and can be whatever you want it to be. Therefore, I declare that glockenspiel shall mean 'slender, curved fruit that you must peel to eat'

On another note, why are you responding to a six year old post made by a fellow that hasn't been seen at 600 in years? Are you expecting him to reply?

#86574 - 04/16/14 05:01 PM Re: Satanism, Satanism and Satanism. [Re: Dan_Dread]
Ferox Offline
pledge

Hey there Dread, how are you man? Well, obviously no. Thanks for your reply though. Glockenspiel, yes! A big, fat, juicy, purple-veined Magnificus. I was having fun with my human companion, that’s all.
#86576 - 04/16/14 06:53 PM Re: Satanism, Satanism and Satanism. [Re: Ferox]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Ahh, I see. Thank you for that lucid and informative reply. I'm sure you'll go far here at the club.

#86578 - 04/16/14 07:25 PM Re: Satanism, Satanism and Satanism. [Re: Dan_Dread]
Ferox Offline
pledge

Thanks man, maybe you’re right, my ambition knows no limits anyway. But don’t expect me to kiss your ass though.
Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.