What are you in body and in spirit?
Where do you believe in,
what do you study? Etc etc.

#4147 - 02/12/08 07:41 PM Re: NAOS religion, Nekromanteion [Re: NAOS]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
 Quote:
You are welcome to question everything and not judge like a 5-year old child.

Ah, no. I am free to judge. I can judge you all the live long day. And I judge this nonsense to be usual sort of made up web based 'church.'

I surely hope you do not think you are the first person to try to cash in on Lovecraft's work. The least you could do is produce a good 'B' horror movie.

#4155 - 02/12/08 08:23 PM Re: NAOS religion, Nekromanteion [Re: Fist]
Sethsryt Offline
stranger

Loc: The Netherlands
No, we do not have to agree with everything.
But at least we can stay polite and keep respecting each other.

Dear hell, if we all went flaming each other we would end up in world war 3 by 1 hour.

If Naos wants to explain us a bit more about his person and beliefs. I don't think I have enough information to judge this fully.

#4157 - 02/12/08 09:38 PM Re: NAOS religion, Nekromanteion [Re: Sethsryt]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: Sethsryt

Dear hell, if we all went flaming each other we would end up in world war 3 by 1 hour.

If Naos wants to explain us a bit more about his person and beliefs. I don't think I have enough information to judge this fully.

Well, all I needed was "Naos's" first post to judge him: he's a dweeb that's read one to many cheesy books like those by Sitchin, and thinks dungeons and dragons a real parallel universe. He's the new eon's prophet of the elder race, or ancient ones or annunaki or something.

~~352~~

#4159 - 02/12/08 10:08 PM Re: NAOS religion, Nekromanteion [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Sethsryt Offline
stranger

The madman is always more interesting then the plain normal dude I think. Though a girl with the right looks can do the trick too.

Haha, and maybe it is the parallel universe. I wouldn't know, I do not think I have ever been there. There was once this book I heard about that was about the disc world. The twin dimension of ours, where magic was real and the earth flat and dragons lived and breathed fire. Interesting, though it is too much dungeons and dragons for me. But who knows?
 Originally Posted By: LUCIFERIFIC
 Originally Posted By: Sethsryt

Well, all I needed was "Naos's" first post to judge him: he's a dweeb that's read one to many cheesy books like those by Sitchin, and thinks dungeons and dragons a real parallel universe. He's the new eon's prophet of the elder race, or ancient ones or annunaki or something.

#4162 - 02/12/08 10:59 PM Re: NAOS religion, Nekromanteion [Re: Sethsryt]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
This is not Dungeons and Dragons or Myst. Please take your 10 sided die to the other side of the room.

The reason posts like this get attacked is the absurdity of them. We have seen posts like this before, and 99% of the time they are written by flakes, mental patients, or baiters. This reads like a bad treatise for an online "occult" group or, to echo Birdstrike, scientology. What exactly sucked you in? The vagueness of it? The weak poetic flow of it? The tossing around of some hidden knowledge in grandiosely formed statements?

#4164 - 02/12/08 11:26 PM Re: NAOS religion, Nekromanteion [Re: fakepropht]
Sethsryt Offline
stranger

Never played the game to be honest. And Myst? Bad memories...
Though I do have a ten sided die, more of them.
Fun to have, they can always get in good use.

Why do I react interested on this post?
Shall I be perfectly honest?

It is the aggressive replies it got, that catched my eye.
The way they acted upon the post.
I don't mean to insult persons with what I am going to say now, nor do I want to get people personal or accuse them of things.
Just my opinion on how the things went.

It looks allot like ignorant "xians" attacking a Satanist with the "your religion is evil, you are going to hell". Though now it was the "this is all fiction, this person is mentally insane".

Don't worry, this must be a more extreme reaction from my side. But I feel it like that now. Which can also be caused by my finally understand what butt-crap a college class was. We had to do basically the thing 3 times over. While the end product is something whole different. But that does not belong on this forum.

But please, I try to understand the poster of this post. Want to know why he says such things. I think that is a better idea then to just flame the person away. When one understands why a person does that you might reply different and solve it instead of scare it away to another satanist forum. Forums might also be for problem solving, though I don't think it's for ping-pong.

Ah well, I hope you understand why I replied on here. It's not because I love my dice that much. (I do, but I rather be the Cthulhu monster. Cthulhu rules, how fake or real he might be.)
And not because I am such a Myst fan.
Also not because I want to worship a "prophet" of the "elder gods". I rather have a chat with them myself..

And sometimes the most unreal and weirdest things can be reality. We are flying in metal airplanes, crossing the oceans on steel boats, and are walking on the moon. Tell that a medieval person and he most likely send you to an asylum.
 Originally Posted By: fakepropht
This is not Dungeons and Dragons or Myst. Please take your 10 sided die to the other side of the room.

The reason posts like this get attacked is the absurdity of them. We have seen posts like this before, and 99% of the time they are written by flakes, mental patients, or baiters. This reads like a bad treatise for an online "occult" group or, to echo Birdstrike, scientology. What exactly sucked you in? The vagueness of it? The weak poetic flow of it? The tossing around of some hidden knowledge in grandiosely formed statements?

#4194 - 02/13/08 04:41 PM Re: NAOS religion, Nekromanteion [Re: NAOS]
devul Offline
stranger

Loc: Yuma, AZ
Since NAOS (Greek for the inner chamber of the temple) doesn’t want to explain his/her new religion, I decided to do a little research on my own.

According to the introduction on their forum (http://naos.activeboard.com/) they are a secret society begun in the 80’s by some folk who believe they are descendants of an Elder God bloodline, and they are the only ones who know the two secret rituals by which we may find out if we too are of this Demigod bloodline. They may or may not be linked to some kind of vampirism; depends on which of their administrator’s posts you read. Oh, and they’re not Satanic.

That was about all I could garner from the extremely confusing material I found. I hope someone finds this useful.

#4196 - 02/13/08 06:31 PM Re: NAOS religion, Nekromanteion [Re: devul]
NAOS Offline
Banned
stranger

We do respect Satanism and the Satanic Philosophy.

Do you believe that We are playing a game here?

It is amusing to enjoy Our own mythos.

Does tha madman know his madness?

#4203 - 02/13/08 08:34 PM Re: NAOS religion, Nekromanteion [Re: NAOS]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Am I the only one, who finds it amusing, that a “Secret Society,” would have a web page?

This is what happens, when societies rejects have too much time on their hands, and access to a public forum.

Perhaps their website doesn’t get enough traffic, so they have to go to other website to regurgitate their “Secret” psychosis.

Drink the Koolaid.

#4204 - 02/13/08 08:34 PM Re: NAOS religion, Nekromanteion [Re: NAOS]
NAOS Offline
Banned
stranger

To conclude with, Everyone who is interested in NAOS or is a human racist is free to ask anything on the forum.
#4205 - 02/13/08 08:36 PM Re: NAOS religion, Nekromanteion [Re: Asmedious]
NAOS Offline
Banned
stranger

We are not a secret society anymore.

WE are re-creating the most ancient religion of all.

You may read a brief history in the forum

#4207 - 02/13/08 08:55 PM Re: NAOS religion, Nekromanteion [Re: NAOS]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
We are not a secret society anymore.

What?? No more secret hand shakes?

Quote:
WE are re-creating the most ancient religion of all

How does one "Re-create" something which has already existed? Doesn't creating something mean to bring about originality?

Quote:
You may read a brief history in the forum

I don't play religion.

#4286 - 02/16/08 07:39 PM Re: NAOS religion, Nekromanteion [Re: Asmedious]
NAOS Offline
Banned
stranger

It existed in the past.

Read more carefully the NAOS forum.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 27 queries. Zlib compression disabled.