Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#41329 - 08/02/10 07:05 PM Re: Culling - An Explanation [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
SODOMIZER Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
And what is political creed other than a set of shared values?

I think it's a collection of shared political values, which doesn't extend to how people want to live and collaborate.

The issue for me is long-term problems, which I don't think an individualist model covers. I don't necessarily want to wait for the bad guys to show up here and start shooting at me, personally, to deal with them; I don't think I'd go fight many US wars because they were politically motivated and not actual defensive wars or preventative wars.

In my experience, the best community is one where everyone is on the same page. For me, that's a conservative community, and the presence of people who don't share those values engenders decline of that community, so in anticipation of the damage they cause, I'd eject them.

#41330 - 08/02/10 07:26 PM Re: Culling - An Explanation [Re: SODOMIZER]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I think politics do extend to how people want to, or more to the point, how they should live and collaborate. Much like how ONA is trying to tell people how they should live. My life is my own, no one can live it for me and I absolutely hate anyone who makes normative claims concerning my existence.

A community where everyone is on the same page? That is a utopia, and as such, unattainable. You will never, and I mean NEVER, be able to get all people to agree on all things at all times. I suppose it would be possible to have extremely small communities of like minded individuals and ejecting anyone who dares to rock the boat might work but I doubt if the people would go quietly. Especially if the people were already settled in that community and most especially if your method of expulsion was not a mere banishment but a death sentence. I suppose I can't speak for everybody but I certainly wouldn't allow someone to put me to death for disagreeing with a particular axiom. And to try to forcibly remove me from a community I have settled in would also prove difficult. Then again if it would be easier and less risky for me to leave on my own then I might do that. I wouldn't want to live with a bunch of assholes anyway \:\)

But back to a reply I made a little bit ago:

Do you think these "Codes of Satanic-Honour" are ones that must be accepted, in their entirety, or can a person cherry-pick?

I ask because if you think the former is true then that would make me a "mundane" and thus worthy of enslavement or death and I am forced to reject ONA as a whole. (Not particular teachings that I may find useful or agree with, mind you, but the package deal itself)

If, however, you believe the latter to be the case then it is a different matter. But it would also render having a code to begin with completely useless. Even so such an outlook would still paint me as mundane because I refuse to pledge allegiance to anyone or anything but myself or what I deem worthy based on my own standards.

In the end this question is really only out of curiosity. You weren't the one who originally started this thread and near as I can tell you aren't advocating this mindset to same extreme as the person who started this thread. That being the case I have no quarrel with you, yet, and am not trying to butt heads as much as I am seeking clarification.

#41332 - 08/02/10 07:38 PM Re: Culling - An Explanation [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
SODOMIZER Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
My life is my own, no one can live it for me and I absolutely hate anyone who makes normative claims concerning my existence.

I used to think this way; then I saw how this attitude led to destructive consequences down the line. I don't like it either when people make normative claims, but sometimes such claims are right if one desires a certain outcome.

Quote:
A community where everyone is on the same page? That is a utopia, and as such, unattainable. You will never, and I mean NEVER, be able to get all people to agree on all things at all times.

You don't need to. You need agreement on basic values and goals, and from that, things mostly fall into line. I don't think anything exists in nature that "exactly" "equals" something else. Utopianism is something separate, which is that idea that a community can exist that eliminates all conflict; no one sane believes in such a thing. There will always be conflict, but if you want a healthy civilization -- so it doesn't become a drag on your person, mainly -- you want basic agreement.

Quote:
Do you think these "Codes of Satanic-Honour" are ones that must be accepted, in their entirety, or can a person cherry-pick?

Well... my approach to this is as a philosopher, because that's my area of interest. So to my mind, all people who understand the same basic philosophy are united, and that should be the determination. Whether they agree to a specific list of words on a page is irrelevant.

In other words, if both you and I agree it's generally a bad idea to toss babies in fires, then we're of the same code. If someone then draws up a Code of Negation of Infant Incineration, we basically agree with that, even if we've never seen it.

The formalities are less important than the basic consensus. I think that's where the Satanist community is heading, by the way -- agreement on a few "essential" high level abstractions, and discarding of all the other doctrinal confusions. United we're stronger.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.