Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#42235 - 08/22/10 04:03 PM Re: Musicians [Re: Lamar]
Dedalus Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
Oxus,
To play with Robert must have been beyond belief! The mans in a league of his own entirely, a very talented band. And of course they've always had an amazing drummer, even through ine-up changes.
Good of you to notice.

#44382 - 11/22/10 06:55 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Oxus]
blazemth Offline
lurker

Loc: Vienna, Austria
I've been playing guitar and bass for 10 years now. Of that I have played four years in a black metal band in Germany.
Looking for a new one since I move to Vienna a few days ago... So if anyone here is a musician from Vienna don't hesitate to contact me! I doubt that though.

#44385 - 11/22/10 07:43 AM Re: Musicians [Re: blazemth]
Dutch Satanist Offline
pledge

Loc: Delft, The Netherlands
I've been messing with guitars for around 20 years. I used to be in lots of local bands, but I have too little time to pursue that any further. I do still play`though, and sometimes I release stuff. My style is my own. I am influenced by a lot of things, not just metal though (even though I am a compleat metalhead).

I do create my own songs, I hate covers. When I get ideas I step behind my DAW and record shit. Sometimes some of that stuff makes it out.

#44409 - 11/22/10 07:41 PM Re: Musicians [Re: Lamar]
PeteOfTheDead Offline

Loc: Brunswick, Melbourne, Victoria...
I've been playing guitar VERY on and off for about 14 years.

I adore songwriting and lyric writing.

I've never felt like I belong to any particular scene so I listen to whatever comes out and try my best to get it down in tab or on record.

#44642 - 12/06/10 12:14 AM Re: Musicians [Re: PeteOfTheDead]
Master Magick Offline
pledge

Loc: New York, USA
Drummer for a long time, 20+ years. Just getting back into more playing recently after quite awhile off doing other things... Played out and about in the NY scene, mostly hard rock/metal, longest stint with a female fronted glam/pop metal band in the 80s called Original Sin ;\)
Now working on electronic music when I have time and restoring a monster Ludwig Vistalite kit similar to what I used to play way back when.

#44646 - 12/06/10 02:35 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Master Magick]
Jake999 Offline

Magic:

Being an oldies DJ, I've heard of two ORIGINAL SINS groups, both now defunct, that would fit that description. Were you a member of:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...ved=0CCYQ9QEwAg

or possibly:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http...ved=0CCgQ9QEwAw

#46626 - 01/12/11 10:04 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Lamar]
Wolflust Offline
stranger

Music is basically my life.

I`ve been playing drums for about 13-14 years, and currently I`m involved in Cleaver, a old school extreme metal band, Chton, death metal, and Tellus Requiem , which is something I would call melodic prog metal.

#48543 - 02/10/11 05:16 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Lamar]
Hugoroth Offline
lurker

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I am a musician also. I have played guitar since 2003, Bass since 2006, harmonica since 2000. and I also sing. Music is in my heart, I love it
#48907 - 02/16/11 12:53 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Lamar]
GeorgeDeadson Offline
stranger

Loc: Dallas, TX
I play drums dude! I play rockabilly!

#49130 - 02/18/11 11:45 PM Re: Musicians [Re: Oxus]
Hegesias Offline

I compose what could be called music, but I prefer to describe my compositions as anti-art.

I am not part of a contemporary black metal scene, so I really don’t care for what others portray as black metal. It would be unnatural for me to identify with those who like to associate themselves, their persona, with the allure of darkness surrounding Satanism without actually being Sinister in real life. That which is portrayed by black metal scene persons and their pretentious works is of no concern to me. Black metal is, and always has been underground, thus it obscures itself by it's own false reputation.

#52737 - 04/12/11 04:40 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Lamar]
Extrinsic Offline
stranger

Loc: Midwest, USA
Yes!

I play drums/percussion. I played Symphonic/concert band all throughout my formative years in school. I am , as of the last year, starting to play the saxophone. Alto to be exact.

I can read music. I can play marching/pipeband drums, hand drums, and program drum machines. The drum machine accompanies my samplers apparent disregard for others hearing or tolerance. Or is that mine?

Everything from Alfred Schnittke, Shoenburg, Miles Davis, Morbid Angel, Emperor, Pink Floyd, and everything that is pretty much under the general label of "music."

I have a penchant for Industrial/noise, Jazz(mainly bebop, but who doesn't love Ellington?), Punk (Black Flag, Minor threat,Discharge, Misfits, Spazz) and even minimalist drone music, ala SunnO))).

I listen to music everyday, and try to pick others brains on what/why they listen to certain music.

Especially interesting is linking that with style. A lot of base people I meet tend to listen to it for "background."

How can Miles Davis "Kind of Blue" be background?

How can My life with the thrill Kill Cult's early music be background, with it's wonderful samples and supreme orchestration?

How can Alfred Schnittkes "Concerta Grossi 1&5" be background.

I shall stop typing, as to not go on at length.

#52738 - 04/12/11 04:41 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Extrinsic]
Extrinsic Offline
stranger

Loc: Midwest, USA
Sorry for my lengthy post...

#52739 - 04/12/11 04:52 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Extrinsic]
Buer Offline
stranger

I have been playing the drums for almost five years now. When I lived in Nashville, I got a minor sponsorship with ddrum. After I moved I kinda lost touch with my drums and have not played in six months. So I guess you can say I have been playing the drums for four and a half years ha
#52742 - 04/12/11 05:31 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Extrinsic]
Hegesias Offline

Good good, do you know other classical composers that create dissonant and stimulating pieces like of Alfred Schnittke?

I appreciate and create minimalist black metal/noise, dark ambient styles and I look for classical compositions which capture a black atmosphere through dissonance, and yet I have not much knowledge at all about the classical side of music, it was off by chance that I came across Alfred Schnittke and Penderecki. I can't seem to get anything that is as stimulating classical wise compared to these two, I type keywords i.e. dissonance, atonal, cacophonous, etc. but maybe you can list some finds that are in line with the frenzied black atmosphere I have pointed to?

#52751 - 04/12/11 07:06 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Hegesias]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
 Originally Posted By: Hegesias
Maybe you can list some finds that are in line with the frenzied black atmosphere I have pointed to?

Dear Hegesias.

You might wanna check out this; Music for Strings, Percussion and Celesta by Béla Bartók.

I would like to recommend the 1958 recording by Fritz Reiner and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
One of the most important pieces of music in my life.

Woland

Contra Mundum!

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.