Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#52983 - 04/15/11 09:29 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Oxus]
Lil Rag Offline
Banned
stranger

im a Rapper, Probably the First LaVeyan Satanist Rapper in the world! i dont know if you accept Rappers as Musicians!

#52989 - 04/15/11 10:02 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Lil Rag]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I've always liked rap-- the oldschool variety that was innovative and adversarial. Nowadays most rappers simply ape the popular drivel such as Lil Wayne and are more concerned with conforming to a crowd than exchanging dynamic ideas and new sounds. There are some noteworthy contemporary artists that still push the limits though; the group 'Dalek' comes to mind.

I think one of the folks over at the Satanic Reds did rap... Either way, 'Satanic Rap' is a pretty undercontributed genre. Do you have any links or examples of your work?

#52992 - 04/15/11 11:28 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Lamar]
Mitch Koch Offline
stranger

Loc: TN
I’ve always had a hard time calling rappers “musicians”, but if they are innovative with their craft as The Zebu previously explained, then I have no problem with calling them “artists”. Any sort of invocative, thoughtful manipulation of aural or visual stimuli could be considered art in some context. Rap necessitates digital production knowledge/application which, when done with heart and passion, can very well turn out to be something new and exciting much like playing an instrument a certain way. But if one has no natural or trained musical skill either with their voice or an instrument then I personally can’t call them “musicians”. Obviously that doesn’t mean you can’t compete in the music industry. Leigh Bowery wasn’t a singer or musician per sey, however his band, Minty, was absolutely brilliant in my opinion!

Carry on and create!

#52993 - 04/15/11 12:39 PM Re: Musicians [Re: Mitch Koch]
Jake999 Offline

I've liked some rap, but there is a lot of crap out there. Stringing words together does not a "musician" make... but like Mitch, I have no problem calling them artists. Rather than musicians, I think I could categorize rappers as "Rhythmic Lyricists."

If you are going to be a rapper and really want to be "different" and stand above the crowd, I would suggest you forsake the easy way out and bring the "art" into a new level where you don't rely on the lowest denominators... hos and gats and dope and bling. If you are going to be a LaVEYAN rapper... KNOW what LaVey's message was, his attitudes on things beyond the words of The Satanic Bible. Be true to the message.

#53009 - 04/15/11 06:56 PM Re: Musicians [Re: Jake999]
Oxus Offline

Jake's right, the Black Flame is all about personal Creation, being a musician has many tiers, some excel at Craft, they can reproduce already known musical paradigms effectively by understanding the formula, then there are Artists, that are usually not as technically inclined (though there have/are been plenty of virtuosos that were/are Artists).

Musicians create music, artists Create themselves over & over again. I had the opportunity to record a few guitar tracks for Daryll D.M.C. on a recent recording session and he is a great Artist, very much deep in the process of production techniques and making great use of today's technology.

I've been a musician/composer for over 30 yrs and it was recently during my 2yr affiliation with the ToS that I found an artistically creative outlet for My Self to be heard. For this satori if you will, I am extremely grateful to have been a member.

Now, go listen to my self-indulgent musiq!

TaRkHeM.cOm

#53013 - 04/15/11 07:32 PM Re: Musicians [Re: Lil Rag]
Jackshyte Offline
stranger

Loc: Texass
Here's a Satanic rapper from L.A. who has been at it for a while:

Knife Sotelo

#53014 - 04/15/11 07:34 PM Re: Musicians [Re: Jackshyte]
Jackshyte Offline
stranger

And here is a link to my brand of extreme oddity:

Feralbeest

Edited by Jackshyte (04/15/11 07:35 PM)

#53024 - 04/16/11 06:46 AM Re: Musicians [Re: The Zebu]
Lil Rag Offline
Banned
stranger

Originally Posted By: The Zebu
I've always liked rap-- the oldschool variety that was innovative and adversarial. Nowadays most rappers simply ape the popular drivel such as Lil Wayne and are more concerned with conforming to a crowd than exchanging dynamic ideas and new sounds. There are some noteworthy contemporary artists that still push the limits though; the group 'Dalek' comes to mind.

I think one of the folks over at the Satanic Reds did rap... Either way, 'Satanic Rap' is a pretty undercontributed genre. Do you have any links or examples of your work?

Yes Of Course, Here's my Latest Track Called "Rap Devil" it is something against Christian Rap & Muslim Rap

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=980721&songID=10505056

#53025 - 04/16/11 06:50 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Jake999]
Lil Rag Offline
Banned
stranger

Originally Posted By: Jake999
I've liked some rap, but there is a lot of crap out there. Stringing words together does not a "musician" make... but like Mitch, I have no problem calling them artists. Rather than musicians, I think I could categorize rappers as "Rhythmic Lyricists."

If you are going to be a rapper and really want to be "different" and stand above the crowd, I would suggest you forsake the easy way out and bring the "art" into a new level where you don't rely on the lowest denominators... hos and gats and dope and bling. If you are going to be a LaVEYAN rapper... KNOW what LaVey's message was, his attitudes on things beyond the words of The Satanic Bible. Be true to the message.

Yes Actually i do not Rap About Hoes Gats & Etc. my Lyrics are Really Rude, Rapping About Torture, Blood, Gore, Murdering & Genocide!

#53026 - 04/16/11 06:56 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Jackshyte]
Lil Rag Offline
Banned
stranger

Originally Posted By: Jackshyte
Here's a Satanic rapper from L.A. who has been at it for a while:

Knife Sotelo

Also Like i told you there are Many Satanic Rapper Out There, But They Are Not "LaVeyan Satanist" we have a Genre in Hip Hop called "Horrorcore" and That's Completely Satanic but doesn't mean its LaVeyan! there was also a horrorcore rapper from Virginia or West Virginia who went into the church and murdered many people and then rapped about it! and now he's in Prison, and everybody thought he was a Satanist while he was mentaly ill!

#53033 - 04/16/11 11:02 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Lil Rag]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Lil Rag
[quote=Jake999]
Yes Actually i do not Rap About Hoes Gats & Etc. my Lyrics are Really Rude, Rapping About Torture, Blood, Gore, Murdering & Genocide!

And this is LaVEYAN exactly how? Having been a Satanist since the early 1970s and a member of the Church of Satan and a member of the Church of Santan's Administration, these are not LaVeyan values. You can call yourself a LaVeyan, Processean, Setian or anything you want, but unless you apply and exemplify the values of the system you presume to champion, you're just another schmuck.

#53093 - 04/18/11 07:00 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Jake999]
Lil Rag Offline
Banned
stranger

Originally Posted By: Jake999
 Originally Posted By: Lil Rag
[quote=Jake999]

And this is LaVEYAN exactly how? Having been a Satanist since the early 1970s and a member of the Church of Satan and a member of the Church of Santan's Administration, these are not LaVeyan values. You can call yourself a LaVeyan, Processean, Setian or anything you want, but unless you apply and exemplify the values of the system you presume to champion, you're just another schmuck.

i am sorry but seems like you have been misunderstood! i am a laveyan satanist but my songs are not about being laveyan! it has nothing to do with laveyan Satanism! its all about me! i made something new in hip hop and thats it! thats my style i didnt say "my songs are about my religion" i think those who rap or sing about religion are completely NUTS! my songs are my songs, my belief is my belief, and i dont want to mix them! i hope you understand my friend.

#53101 - 04/18/11 10:41 AM Re: Musicians [Re: Lil Rag]
Jackshyte Offline
stranger

Actually, Knife is a LaVeyan Satanist through and through, and he raps about it.
#53111 - 04/18/11 12:35 PM Re: Musicians [Re: Jackshyte]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

People may correct me but wasn't knife above all a moron?

That he raps is quite trivial to that.

D.

#53113 - 04/18/11 12:42 PM Re: Musicians [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
People may correct me but wasn't knife above all a moron?

That he raps is quite trivial to that.

D.

LOL! I was just going to post something along those lines, D. And if I recall, his "rapping" was missing a c.

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.