Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#41281 - 08/02/10 03:24 PM Suggestion: Michael A. Aquino wikipedia page
SODOMIZER Offline
pledge

I noticed that they have a Temple of Set page, but not one for Michael A. Aquino -- this link will take you to a screen asking you to edit/create the page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Michael_Aquino&action=edit&redlink=1

It seems to me that if the subject wills it, this would be a good thing to have on there. Among other things, if you don't get the truth out first, some idiot will come in and state their version of the truth for you.

#41306 - 08/02/10 04:56 PM Re: Suggestion: Michael A. Aquino wikipedia page [Re: SODOMIZER]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
There have been two pages for Michael Aquino, both of which have been deleted, either for "lack of notability" or "lack of reliable sources".

Although this is debatable given that Peggy Nadramia and Michael Ford both have pages, I'm not big on making wiki articles. If someone's up to the task, I recommend citing actual books such as studies of American Satanism and works by scholars of new religions, as opposed to pulling links to random websites and blog entries.

#41308 - 08/02/10 05:01 PM Re: Suggestion: Michael A. Aquino wikipedia page [Re: The Zebu]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
Aquino knows his own history better than anyone else (even those who were there) and knows every article and grocery list he's ever composed by heart. I'm sure if he was interested in having a wiki page he would have one by now.

He could probably request to have inaccurate pages deleted himself, which is probably what happened. I know that if I had an inaccurate wiki I would.

#41312 - 08/02/10 05:21 PM Re: Suggestion: Michael A. Aquino wikipedia page [Re: ceruleansteel]
SODOMIZER Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: The Zebu
There have been two pages for Michael Aquino, both of which have been deleted, either for "lack of notability" or "lack of reliable sources".

Never let it be said that Wikipedia is anything but basement-dwellers on a power trip ;\)

Originally Posted By: ceruleansteel
He could probably request to have inaccurate pages deleted himself, which is probably what happened.

If that's the case, I withdraw the suggestion.

#41345 - 08/02/10 10:57 PM Re: Suggestion: Michael A. Aquino wikipedia page [Re: SODOMIZER]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
I am pretty sure MAA has his own page. Google it. It is full of his personal papers and history. Why would he want to lower himself to simply being a wiki entry?

#94419 - 11/25/14 11:39 AM Re: Suggestion: Michael A. Aquino wikipedia page [Re: Fist]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
I find it interesting that Don Webb has a page, but Aquino does not. I would think it would be just a matter of references, not necessarily lowering oneself to a standard. Wiki is a useful tool.

See: Temple of Set page.

While a quick Google Search will produce hits, Wiki culminates key references in one place. It's just a general reference tool.

If say, he gets a page after he dies, how would you feel about that?

#94442 - 11/26/14 03:00 PM Re: Suggestion: Michael A. Aquino wikipedia page [Re: SIN3]
Megatron Offline

Loc: fuckit, some kid cracked my co...
 Originally Posted By: SIN3
I find it interesting that Don Webb has a page, but Aquino does not. I would think it would be just a matter of references, not necessarily lowering oneself to a standard. Wiki is a useful tool.

See: Temple of Set page.

While a quick Google Search will produce hits, Wiki culminates key references in one place. It's just a general reference tool.

If say, he gets a page after he dies, how would you feel about that?

I absolutely love how you resurrect old (i.e. dormant/dead) threads. You're a master. And I only say that because if I said "mistress" it might have been sexist, lol.

Wiki is up to contributors and editors. And Dr. Mike doesn't strike me as the type to create his own Wiki page, let alone edit the same. Perhaps you might find that a worthwhile endeavor . . .

Oh, and I spell everything right.

#94450 - 11/26/14 05:22 PM Re: Suggestion: Michael A. Aquino wikipedia page [Re: Megatron]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

I don't think it's an acceptable Wiki practice to create your own page, I believe they regard that as a self-promotion activity; thus it would be deleted.

Quote:
And Dr. Mike doesn't strike me as the type to create his own Wiki page, let alone edit the same. Perhaps you might find that a worthwhile endeavor . . .

Pretty sure he'd have to be dead for me to consider that worthwhile. I'm sure he'd feel the same about me being his biographer, lol

#94454 - 11/26/14 07:17 PM Re: Suggestion: Michael A. Aquino wikipedia page [Re: Megatron]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Megatron
Dr. Mike doesn't strike me as the type to create his own Wiki page, let alone edit the same.

Years ago I requested Wicki to permanently remove the page on me, since it was simply being used for character assassination.

I have two webpages: my Temple of Set subpage:

http://www.xeper.org/maquino

and my secular page:

http://www.rachane.org

These are just to describe my books, provide some free stuff, and provide some basic background & contact information.

I have always had a revulsion for self-advertisement, and have been "public" only when some official responsibility or my family's safety necessitated it. I don't do Facebook or Twitter, and closed the door on all interviews once the "Satanic Panic" had expired.

Today I am accepting a few again, essentially to discuss the book MindWar, which I feel to be timely and important. Invariably interviews go in all sorts of directions, but MW is my priority. In addition to radio & television, some Internet ones, such as this on "Above Top Secret".

I never published any books for the same reasons; I decided that I would wait until shortly before I expect to leave the planet, then write up what I've experiended and learn for others' possible interest, benefit, [and doubtless amusement/entertainment] before disappearing. Which preferably will be unnoticed and unremembered.

In addition to the Temple of Set's forum, where I am increasingly infrequently needed, I have spent some time with 600C, which is the most intellectual of the "Satanism per se" forums. Partly to set the record straight about ASLV and the original Church as appropriate, partly to goose promising satanatheists into quit fucking around and take the plunge , and part as a sort of "what if ASLV hadn't destroyed the Church in 1975" exercise in ECI (Erotic Crystallizastion Inertia, another of those intriguing ASLV concepts).

#94455 - 11/26/14 07:52 PM Re: Suggestion: Michael A. Aquino wikipedia page [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Megatron Offline

Loc: fuckit, some kid cracked my co...
 Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
Erotic Crystallizastion Inertia, another of those intriguing ASLV concepts

Not really. Freud called it fixation. And Freud was a neurotic moron with severe projection issues.

Oh, and I spell everything right.

#94460 - 11/26/14 08:57 PM Re: Suggestion: Michael A. Aquino wikipedia page [Re: SODOMIZER]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: M.A.A., The Church of Satan
Anton LaVey’s essay for the January 1973 Cloven Hoof proved to be one of the most fascinating [and revealing] statements of his personal philosophy. Titled “Erotic Crystallization Inertia (ECI)”, it advanced the hypothesis that men and women who are surrounded by visual imagery remindful of the vitality of their youth - rather than the changed imagery of contemporary youth cultures - will live longer.

He held up the example of the artist Reginald Marsh, painter of “the most earthy, sweaty, and lusty examples of humanity he could lay his eyes upon”. Marsh’s “lumpy women and potbellied men” clashed with the changing styles of the post-World War II period, said Anton, resulting in the artist’s gradual alienation from the “progress” around him. “I am not a man of this century,” said Marsh abruptly at a 1954 symposium glorifying new directions in modern art; shortly thereafter he died.

“Change per se,” concluded Anton, “is not necessary to happiness. On the contrary, the resistance shown whenever change seems imminent would indicate that, if most people were given a chance, nothing would change.”

Runes
Volume II-6
November XIX
© Temple of Set 1984CE

In the Church of Satan's Cloven Hoof #V-1 (1 VIII) Anton LaVey introduced one of his most fascinating and least appreciated theories: Erotic Crystallization Inertia or ECI. ECI offers the hypothesis that one is rejuvenated, at least psychologically and perhaps physiologically, by exposing himself to external stimuli (primarily visual, but other-sensual as well) remindful of the most youthful and pleasurable period(s) of his life.

Younger generations of people, Anton goes on to say, do not thrive in communities dominated by the values and standards of an earlier day. They move out of small, isolated, conservative towns into big cities; and there they enter a crucible of new values which will eventually crystallize into a preferred set of standards for them - and which they will invoke as still-younger generations arise to upraise even newer values. Some members of one generation try to adopt the life-styles and values of another; generally this produces unhappiness and frustration. The would-be time traveler, says Anton, winds up _pretending_ to take pleasure from stimuli which are not as pleasing or familiar to him as "his own". And, though he may ape the dress and behavior of the younger or older subculture, it will be evident that he is out-of-place. He will be tolerated as a curiosity [at best] or a fool [at worst].

Complicating the situation, Anton goes on to say, is the tremendous pressure in contemporary society to conform to the "latest style" in everything. "Man is the only animal," he states, "who has been carefully taught to be discontented." One runs the risk of social disfavor if he or she doesn't wear current fashions, talk about subjects currently in vogue, and in general conduct his or her life in the up-and-coming way. This kind of social pressure is not new, but it has certainly become aggravated [because of the more desperate climate of competition in the 1980s] to an acknowledged "cult": the Yuppie. [For those of you who are not "with it" (condescending sniff!), that means "young urban professional".] ...

The magician who wishes to experiment with ECI will find that technology augments, rather than inhibits his inability to do so. The atmosphere conducive to any preferred generational age can be produced more easily and convincingly than ever before - provided that one is psychologically comfortable with all the technology "under the surface". Two critical questions arise:

-- (1) Does ECI in fact rejuvenate one, either psychologically or physically? Or does it rather inhibit one's zest for life by brutally dramatizing the distance between the past and the present - presuming that the ECI-practitioner must at least periodically "surface" from his artificial environment?

-- (2) Is ECI addictive? Upon partaking of it, does one tend to become controlled by it rather than to control it? Does it thus become a kind of "time prison", limiting one's life-experience instead of expanding it?

Windy analyses and arguments pro or con either option of either question are unnecessary. Obviously both dangers exist as the mere consequences of over-obsession with the corresponding benefits. Such is true, incidentally, of magic in general: It is as much an art as a science, and the truly successful [and happy] magicians are those who develop a sensitivity to just how far they should go with the powers at their command.

Personal ECI is a fascinating area for experimentation; equally intriguing is the effect of a contrived ECI atmosphere on others. Visitors may not be psychologically prepared for an ECI environment at all, in which case they may be very disturbed by and even fearful of it. If they do admire and appreciate it, its effect on them may be completely different from that intended by the creator. The recreation of a 1930s environment in the Indiana Jones movies is spellbinding to those later generations who either never saw or only vaguely remember Fedora hats. The generations who personally experienced that same decade, however, react more with amused nostalgia. When Christopher Reeve shot up from a Metropolis street to make his first dramatic rescue of Lois Lane (hanging from a helicopter) in Superman, it was the adults in the audience who were cheering and yelling "Go, Supe!" while their kids (who have grown up on video games instead of DC comics and the Kelloggs-inspired TV series) looked at use incredulously. Anton LaVey would occasionally play records or tapes of 1920s tunes; they might remind him of his childhood, but they made me think of The Untouchables! ...

#94462 - 11/27/14 01:46 AM Re: Suggestion: Michael A. Aquino wikipedia page [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Quote:
Years ago I requested Wicki to permanently remove the page on me, since it was simply being used for character assassination.

Makes sense, the Google link I provided pulled some unsavory bits on the first page. I'm surprised folks are still beating that dead horse. I'm also surprised that Wiki hasn't received another submission since those pages were deleted.

That retired Vet on Facebook is still feverishly making youtube videos and expanding the Aquino legion... One Satanist at a time. I would think a Wiki entry would address how these claims have already been debunked. It could cut down some of the effort of having to respond to every blog out there trying to keep that disinfo alive.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.