Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#41781 - 08/11/10 11:28 AM Bad Ass little cannon blows holes in stuff.
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas

#41790 - 08/11/10 01:36 PM Re: Bad Ass little cannon blows holes in stuff. [Re: Fnord]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
Video description: "not for sale because of legal issues regarding safety."

Gawd-damnit. It is cool to watch, though. I'd love to do that to a couple of my old computers. The first video isn't as dramatic, but it has some pretty cool explosions (especially the mug!).

#41798 - 08/11/10 07:25 PM Re: Bad Ass little cannon blows holes in stuff. [Re: XiaoGui17]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
That was awesome. Somewhat similar to what me and a friend of mine got up to last night in my girlfriend's kitchen using only matches, foil, and a lighter (Gotta love childish fun...)

I posted one of the videos me and said friend made on Facebook mind. I'll have to post it on Youtube for others to have a giggle at.

#41824 - 08/11/10 10:54 PM Re: Bad Ass little cannon blows holes in stuff. [Re: Fnord]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

What is the point? Mini cannons have been sold for as long as the Johnson and Smith catalogs have been around. There were ads for them in the back of old comic books thought I don't think they did more than go bang.

I really cannot see the fascination in it at all as an adult that is. Maybe it's the .45 I carry makes a much larger bang and leaves a bigger hole? Maybe its because Ive used a lathe before and this little brass number looks like something many high school kids could pull off in machine shop? Maybe because hairspray powered potato guns do more damage?

I dunno...

I could go on about the danger of unmeasured charges and using a straight ramrod over a curved safety one allowing you to tamp down the charge without putting your hand directly in front of the bore much less your face.

~T~

#41826 - 08/12/10 12:21 AM Re: Bad Ass little cannon blows holes in stuff. [Re: ta2zz]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I don't know. I too am an adult who carries a .45 and I would like to have something like this. The point? Just for novelty purposes I guess; something fun to play with on a boring Saturday when I don't want to shoot up the ammo that is getting so expensive these days.

A friend of mine made a cannon, a hand-held one. It shoots lead fishing weights and .50 black powder slugs. It hasn't failed once yet, I still haven't shot it though I have had the opportunity. I don't want to be the unlucky one to have my hand/arm blown off.

#41880 - 08/13/10 02:01 AM Re: Bad Ass little cannon blows holes in stuff. [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

The little cannon is interesting, but this person destroyed a lot of nice things. And wasted perfectly good vodka and soda.

#41892 - 08/13/10 09:38 AM Re: Bad Ass little cannon blows holes in stuff. [Re: Shadow Dragon]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
 Originally Posted By: Shadow Dragon
The little cannon is interesting, but this person destroyed a lot of nice things. And wasted perfectly good vodka and soda.

Glad to see the Heineken despatched, though. ;\)

#42162 - 08/21/10 10:53 AM Re: Bad Ass little cannon blows holes in stuff. [Re: Fnord]
Dedalus Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
It was actually Smirnoff Ice they attacked with the adorable little cannon, which I'm sure we can all agree is neither "good" vodka nor good "vodka". I was more suprised to see the waste of working electronics...that was a nice little lamp. The balloon looked pretty cool all the same.

#43066 - 09/16/10 08:58 PM Re: Bad Ass little cannon blows holes in stuff. [Re: Dedalus]
Sirsee Offline
stranger

Loc: Montreal
Cool, nifty, hours of fun!!!

#43289 - 09/28/10 07:52 PM Re: Bad Ass little cannon blows holes in stuff. [Re: Sirsee]
Incendium Offline
stranger

Loc: Knoxville, Tennessee
I was sad, yet severely entertained to see the Heiney can shot. On a more serious note, I did enjoy the sync of the cannon-fire to O Fortuna.
Kudos to the bored dumbasses who made this cannon and video.

"Unholy Satanist, child of perdition, ask not for absolution in the hour of death!"

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.265 seconds of which 0.238 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.