Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#41855 - 08/12/10 12:09 PM Ragnar Redbeard might is right
darklord Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
Dont know if this is old news, but i just got the might is right. i know it was written before levay, and i know it had alot of influences on him. Was ragnar redbeard trying to preech a new sought of religion like a founder or just speeking his mind. only read the begining, does anyone know if he had anymore books out?
#41856 - 08/12/10 12:17 PM Re: Ragnar Redbeard might is right [Re: darklord]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Arthur Desmond

Free Online Spell Checker

D.

#43715 - 10/20/10 05:18 AM Re: Ragnar Redbeard might is right [Re: darklord]
benisasatanist Offline
banned
stranger

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
 Originally Posted By: darklord
Was ragnar redbeard trying to preech a new sought of religion like a founder or just speeking his mind.

Might Is Right is basically just an Anti-Semitic, Anti-Asian, Anti-Black, Anti-Establishment, Anti-Religious, "morality is objective" rant. And a declaration of the power inside, well, basically, the white European man.
I would suggest reading The Ego And It's Own by Max Stirner.
It makes MIR sound like it was written by an angry child.

Edited by benisasatanist (10/20/10 05:30 AM)

SOLVE COAGULA

#43718 - 10/20/10 09:06 AM Re: Ragnar Redbeard might is right [Re: benisasatanist]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: benisasatanist

I would suggest reading The Ego And It's Own by Max Stirner.
It makes MIR sound like it was written by an angry child.

I hadn't come across or read anything by Stirner until you brought him up here. After some cursory reading all I can say is that he appears to be an ideologue who isn't very consistent. On the one hand he's saying that property rights should belong to only those who can physically take ownership and defend it and on the other hand he acknowledges that government and religion should and do have power (in the context of one's own zeitgeist) but that one should ignore and exceed these opposing forces and excel in their own way.

It sounds OK on paper, I suppose, but usurping the law of the land to seize property in a quest for personal greatness seems an excellent way to get locked in a box 24/7.

Might is Right is much more general in nature which, I think, is an important distinction to make in this work vs the work of some other philosophers/philosophies. One can become so embroiled in the philosophy of another that he/she is in danger of becoming a follower versus a leader (not saying this is you). I like Might is Right because it is general and it is largely non systemic.

Anyway, what do you like about Stirner?

#43725 - 10/20/10 07:31 PM Re: Ragnar Redbeard might is right [Re: Fnord]
Clarence Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Fnord
It sounds OK on paper, I suppose, but usurping the law of the land to seize property in a quest for personal greatness seems an excellent way to get locked in a box 24/7.

I suspect that it is a matter of execution: to deed property to yourself is a considered "white collar" and non-violent, regardless of the scope and value of said swindle. It typically attracts a suspended sentence rather than jail time - and a promise to behave in the future. \:D Ragnar himself considered such abridgement more noble and worthy than a stick up job.

As to the OP, Ragnar considered himself a literal reincarnation of Odin. He proposed a new religion and set about trying to instigate revolution on a global level. First in Australia, then North America, England and South Africa. His insurrection failed, and Ragnar saw out his days as a single parent and book merchant.

Edited by Clarence (10/20/10 07:33 PM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.