Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#41895 - 08/13/10 06:26 PM _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Just noticed this apparently-new book, Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter by Franco Halycon (sic). I know nothing about this book and have just ordered a copy. Thought other 600Cers might like to know about it too. Started this thread in case anyone has a comment concerning it.

#41897 - 08/13/10 07:07 PM Re: _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_ [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Duende Offline
pledge

Loc: USA
I unfortunately purchased a copy a few months ago. It's just a poorly thrown together smear job, that's all. The "author" gathered all the information regarding Zena and Nick currently available online via search engines. Apparently, the author decided there was no need to edit the document nor any reason not to repeat the same information over and over again to increase page count.
He apparently knows Stanton LaVey in some form and was given a few pictures of Zeena to publish in it's pages.
The book is the author's opinion which he cobbled from Google. He even put a copy of the Zeena/Nicholas picture you have in your _CoS_ book. He does not have any kind words for you either.
I suggest everyone avoid this book at all costs. It is pure crap.

Duende

#43935 - 10/30/10 10:46 PM Re: _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_ [Re: Duende]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Does anyone know what Zena and Nick are up to these days? A 'Werewolf' type guys has posted here a few times. He even seemed dorky enough to be Nick. But, no one took him seriously so he seems to have lost interest.

#55529 - 06/06/11 10:38 AM Re: _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_ [Re: Fist]
111Cal Offline

a truly TERRIBLE book.... you can google zeena and print out the same "book" for free.... a waste of time, except for those without the internet.....

as for Zeena and Schreck? the last I heard, they were still in Germany... working primarily as telemarketers and Zeena tries to make it as an artist/photographer....

her work is actually pretty good (the whole LaVey family has artistic talent) but she will never be a real success at it, b/c she has alienated the majority of the Satanic community that would be interested in it....

last I heard from Stanton, he, Karla or his Grandmother hadnt heard from Zeena in over a decade.... sad....

#56516 - 07/03/11 08:01 PM Re: _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_ [Re: 111Cal]
Ankh-Pentacle Offline
lurker

What did you think of it Michael Aquino?
#56540 - 07/04/11 12:38 PM Re: _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_ [Re: Ankh-Pentacle]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Ankh-Pentacle
What did you think of it Michael Aquino?

I don't like it because of the inclusion of unfair character-assassination content concerning her.

#56543 - 07/04/11 03:45 PM Re: _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_ [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

In Schreck's ear! (Wherever that may be.)

It was definitely an obvious hit piece on Zeena, but it's not like she hasn't paved the way for it. When you work overtime to burn any and all bridges and bite the hands that feed you, SOMEONE is going to call you on it and embellish the hell out of it when they do.

It all comes down to choices, and reaction for action. The piece makes her look bad, but then, she's done a hell of a great job of doing that herself.

#56544 - 07/04/11 08:28 PM Re: _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_ [Re: Jake999]
111Cal Offline

Agreed on some level. While I will put forth that the book is overwhelmingly FACTUAL correct.... the style of writing comes off as petty and childish. The facts are correct, but its presented in a way that comes off as gossipy. Keep in mind that this book is not really "written" its just a cut and paste job off wikipedia articles and google searches, with a little bit of insight from Stanton tossed in.

I do think its a nice cover, and again the facts are pretty head on, but if the author had stepped back to be a bit more objective, it would have come off better.

Still, what can you say BAD about Zeena that WOULDNT be true???? LOL

#58924 - 09/07/11 02:09 PM Re: _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_ [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Ede Offline
lurker

Hello:

I am new to this forum, and I enjoy reading other people's insights and thoughts into Satanic thought.

Does anyone know who the author of this book is? A former Hellhouse employee? I was a frequent visitor there and I have purchased a great collection of materials from Nikolas and Zeena. Speaking of which, I have ordered an advance copy of the updated MANSON FILE book, which I hope is as good as it sounds. How is everyone else's collections? I'm always looking for more.

Have a great, lively day.

set1111

#59132 - 09/15/11 11:56 AM Re: _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_ [Re: 111Cal]
Alex Crowley Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
 Originally Posted By: 111Cal
I do think its a nice cover, and again the facts are pretty head on, but if the author had stepped back to be a bit more objective, it would have come off better.

Petty, childish and gossipy is pretty much right on target. It's poorly written (and about as "exclusive" as a Google search) and I have to wonder many friends the author had to bribe to vote it up on Amazon.com for the 4 star rating.

Now, I haven't done much of my own research on Zeena so I don't know what is true and what isn't, but I really wouldn't trust a book written this poorly to give me any facts.

#59139 - 09/16/11 02:03 AM Re: _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_ [Re: Alex Crowley]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
I wanted to buy it, but now I read posts and understand it is waste of time to read it.

Thanks for posts!

I have just interest, who really is Franco Halycon, the author of this book?!? I search in the Google, but cannot find any information about him.

#59142 - 09/16/11 12:10 PM Re: _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_ [Re: Latvian]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
It's obviously a one-time pseudonym. I'm pretty sure whoever wrote it is a total non-entity looking to make a quick dollar off of her name.

While I'm very much interested in reading Zeena's post-ToS writings, I'm afraid I don't have the stomach for puerile gossip.

#59149 - 09/17/11 03:59 AM Re: _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_ [Re: The Zebu]
Latvian Offline

Thanks for answer and I've found information, that Franco Halycon cooperated with someone, whose nickname is Newt. One quite interesting fact more, which can be read on the last page (page 88) of the book : "Franco Halycon & Newt would like to thank Stanton LaVey for his support of this project" I reread previous posts of the topic and this fact is mentioned already before..., only I wonder, why it's written on last page and not in the beginning of the book… Do authors really contacted with Stanton LaVey?!?

Edited by Latvian (09/17/11 04:13 AM)

#59153 - 09/17/11 09:03 AM Re: _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_ [Re: Latvian]
Jake999 Offline

Contacting Stanton LaVey isn't that difficult, and Stanton LaVey is hardly reluctant to talk about the abuses and the neglect he insists he suffered at the hands of Zeena (and this has been corroborated by those with direct knowledge of the situation that I trust implicitly). Any author wishing to do any kind of biographical work about her would be a fool NOT to at least touch base with the subject's son.

As for where notification of that contact is placed... not very important. The piece is hardly a scholastic work, and it's obvious that the author wasn't out to cohere to any set standard of style.

#59165 - 09/17/11 02:20 PM Re: _Zeena LaVey: The Fallen Daughter_ [Re: Jake999]
Latvian Offline

Now I understand better about Stanton LaVey and of course about author of the book too... Thank You!

I got pdf version of this book and I am going to read it... Maybe it's not smart decision, but I will do it!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.