Page 9 of 13 « First<7891011>Last »
Topic Options
#41953 - 08/15/10 09:06 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Geheimnis]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks, Geheimnis! I can read French sufficiently to follow a simple text-book, which is what this looks like. I'm wondering, why 27 cards? Maybe the 22 major Arcana are used and then 4 for the Four Elements or Cardinal Directions plus one "Joker"? The text says that the cards are very simple to use with five spreads which can be applied to any question or situation. The tone suggests(to me)a possible Gypsy origin - like that attributed to the designs of the Grand Etteilla deck - as their divinatory tradition is passed down orally and so lends itself to a certain amount of learning by rote. An ability to visualise the cards in a variety of spreads and quickly link their appearance and cross-influence to a given situation was also necessary as this could not be written down.
I'll certainly take another look at this. I've been using Tarot for over 30 years and haven't seen this one before. \:\)

#41955 - 08/15/10 11:19 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Geheimnis]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Again, I will point this out as required....

When you read this thread, start from the beginning. The purpose of this thread to steel your own philosophical view point before delving into occult material. Most practitioners, especially new practitioners, do not have a solid existential foundation. They can hardly be expected to build more esoteric metaphysical or religious belief system on such a soft foundation.

#42209 - 08/22/10 03:33 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Geheimnis]
Geheimnis Offline
lurker

Hi,
I bought another book from Panthée.
Does anyone know something about him or her?
He (or she) must be a High Satanic Priest.
This book is called "Devenir Sorcier" which means "Becoming a Witch"...
I start the training...we'll see...

#42210 - 08/22/10 03:37 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: felixgarnet]
Geheimnis Offline
lurker

Hi Felix...
I've bought the book...the 27 cards have nothing to see with the common Tarot!
Each time, we found the number 9! Wich is Satan number!
The spreads are really unusual!
The message is said to come from Astaroth by the command of Satan himself...if you read well, just a few lines in the very beginning of the book...how strange it is!

#42212 - 08/22/10 07:29 AM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Geheimnis]
felixgarnet Offline

Thank you for your update, Geheimnis. However, I fear your enthusiasm for these discoveries is unlikely to be shared by members here. It's interesting that the Tarot deck you mention is so unusual but nobody here would take seriously the assertion that anything came from "Satan himself" and why on earth should 9 be Satan's number? Rather than 666, 123 or 27.5?
I know nothing of this Panthee person but can assure you that no self-respecting Satanist would speak of teaching someone to be a witch. We are not witches and, so far as I know, there is no such thing as a Satanic High Priest outside the hierarchy of specific orders.

#42221 - 08/22/10 12:36 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: felixgarnet]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
1: please stop prattling on about nonsense in Fists thread. he has asked nicely several times.

2: There is no 'we' here , and I recommend you read 'the Satanic witch' if you feel like there are no Satanic witches. Please don't presume to speak for others, especially if your grasp of Satanic material isn't exactly robust.

#42222 - 08/22/10 12:49 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Dan_Dread]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

To get the thread back on track, I am unsure if anyone has mentioned Max Stirner (1806 – 1856), and his works, The False Principle of our Education, Art and Religion, and The Ego and Its Own. He is a very big influence on my thought, and in my opinions one of the unsung fathers of LHP memetics.

#42224 - 08/22/10 12:58 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Dan_Dread]
felixgarnet Offline

Was that addressed to me, Dan? I read "The Satanic Witch" many years ago. I didn't realise that anyone on here might willingly accept the identity of "witch" due to its usual conflation with Wicca. If they have I am sure they will draw my attention to that fact.

#42226 - 08/22/10 01:15 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: felixgarnet]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Yes, that was addressed to you, that is why I replied to you, and not someone else. ;\) Throughout this thread, Fist has asked several times to keep this shit on track. If you don't understand what this thread is for, read the OP again.

And yes, many Satanic females identify as Satanic witches. That you are unaware of this is not all that important,but it doesn't exactly place you in a position to be speaking for everyone.

Now can we cut the shit and get the thread back on track? If you can't add to it don't post.

#42228 - 08/22/10 01:55 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Dan_Dread]
Indrieus Offline
stranger

Loc: Antwerp Belgium
The fist name of the Satanic Witch was,in yello hardcore and the name;"The Copmplet Witch"
GreetZ Indrieus

Edited by Indrieus (08/22/10 01:57 PM)

#42229 - 08/22/10 02:06 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Indrieus]
Jake999 Offline

Felix: A Satanic Witch is a witch in her own right with nothing whatsoever to do with Wicca or any such religion. We of the Church of Satan have long called our women witches as a badge of honor, and The Satanic Witch (The COMPLEAT WITCH, originally,) is a virtual McGuffy's Reader on how a woman might effectively ply her "witchly wiles." And while I don't know about the women under this regime, those who came up within the Church of Satan I knew take that moniker seriously.

Aside from the terminologies of the II° and its gender identity of Witch and Warlock, women of all strata within The Church of Satan were proud of their degree within the Church, to be sure... but no title carries more honor in earning one's bones within the Church as WITCH.

#42231 - 08/22/10 02:52 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Fist]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
The 48 Laws of Power has been mentioned before, by both Rasha and Valor, but I don’t think it can be overemphasized. It gives the reader a tidy framework in which to arrange most all of what one reads on the LHP, and makes multiple references and examples, many of which are drawn from the more classical works here. The references it makes also serve as springboards to possibly inspire future reading.

Also excellent reading:
Abraham Maslow: “A Theory of Human Motivation”
Lawrence Kohlberg: The Philosophy of Moral Development & The Psychology of Moral Development
Robert Heinlein: The Moon is a Harsh Mistress
Éttiene de la Boétie: “The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude”
Nancy Etcoff: Survival of the Prettiest

#42236 - 08/22/10 04:11 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Dan_Dread]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
Stirner has been mentioned in this area of the forum in a separate thread, but should be a welcome addition here. For others' edification, here is a link to a pdf file of The Ego and His Own. As far as I can tell, this edition is in the public domain, so enjoy!

Homo Homini Lupus

#42300 - 08/23/10 01:33 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Draculesti]
Geheimnis Offline
lurker

I was just thinking someone who try to change events using his/her "mental" ou "psychic" power or with the help of invisible forces can be called a witch.
Panthée doesn't talk about Satanism, or Wicca in his book "Devenir Sorcier"...but, in the introduction of the book "Les Arcanes Noirs" and also the names of cards show for me that he/she must be Satanist.

#42303 - 08/23/10 04:02 PM Re: Books of the Left Hand Path [Re: Geheimnis]
the earthly duck Offline
stranger

I would like to add that i have greatly enjoyed my last couple of weeks reading The Satanic Scriptures.
It is very crisp in its presentation and very informative.
I find myself a fan of Peter H. Gilmore's Personal Views and truth.

Hence i would like to know about any-other books that he has written.

Please and thank you.

Page 9 of 13 « First<7891011>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 29 queries. Zlib compression disabled.