Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#42084 - 08/19/10 07:15 PM Tani Jantsang
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
I've been reading some of the writings of Tani Jantsang on and off for a little while and although I'll say she's prolific, I'm curious as to her credibility and knowledge on Satanism and the occult. I know she claims to be a "Generational Satanist" and I'm aware of her group The Satanic Reds and her involvement with the CoS. But I'm curious about the whole "Dark Doctrines" thing and whether or not she's a credible person regarding the history of Satanism.

If anyone can shed some light on her it would be appreciated.

#42097 - 08/20/10 03:28 AM Re: Tani Jantsang [Re: Knievel74]
TheInsane Offline

Tani was never affiliated with CoS. Anton LaVey appreciated her and "the dark docrines crew's" writings and gave the honorary titles. Most were never members of the CoS though.

Tani has been part of alot on bs online (alt.Satanism etc) and she has a fair share of haters. And to be honest the way she writes can be annoying and she often goes off on big rants. However, there is alot of substansial thought involved in her writings and she clearly has alot of knowledge on what she is talking about. You just have to weed out the rants to get to it.

She has introduced me to many new eastern concepts that have been very infuential in my own philosophical development. So for me her writings acted more as a door into new ideas than anything else.

I'd like to clarify that I am not speaking of her political writings. I always focused on the dark doctrines and this is what I judge her on.

So my tip of the day - read her stuff, weed out the rants and then go back to the source material. There is alot of good things to collect from her stuff.

#42099 - 08/20/10 04:10 AM Re: Tani Jantsang [Re: TheInsane]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Her political ideas are indeed silly but her other stuff is worth exploring.

I saw her in action in the past, when many satanists were involved in the internet wars and she always reminded me of the kind of wife you have to feed with a pitchfork. I always fancied her, as long as there remains enough distance between us to outrun her.

D.

#42102 - 08/20/10 06:57 AM Re: Tani Jantsang [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

Yep. Tani is like that old uncle we all have who, when asked at dinner, "what do you think of the turkey" will tell you, by way of the vast conspiracies of whatever bug is up his ass at the time, sometimes with relevance and other times questionably so. Theinsane's tip of the day is good to follow.

#42114 - 08/20/10 02:25 PM Re: Tani Jantsang [Re: Knievel74]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
I'll echo others who have responded by saying that it's best to take from it what you will, but be sure to filter it well.

She is insightful at times and writes in a pleasing manner and, most importantly, comes from a philosophical base that I can see some value in. The problem with her stuff, for me, is that she uses the word "is" too much which is really to say that she can be dogmatic about her beliefs.

My typical modus operandi is to approach things that interest me with skepticism and doubt. No matter how much she capitalizes words and tries to stress ideas it doesn't put her view on any more solid footing than anyone else's.

Example:
The LIGHT that we say was "born from" (NOT "created by") this Darkness IS "all the energy and matter that gets PUSHED AROUND by THE Dark Force which you CAN'T see pushing it." This is not debatable. This is FACT, PURE FACT.

The above is, in fact, opinion.

My overall take is that I'm not looking for anyone to answer the questions for me. Tani Jantsang obviously has the answers that work for her (along with a heapin' helpin' of hubris), but her answers aren't mine ( though I have found value in some of her writing).

#42130 - 08/20/10 07:05 PM Re: Tani Jantsang [Re: Knievel74]
Khk Offline

Hey, I was just going to add to this that your questions raises a funny circle.

You want to establish the -credibility- of Tani but you then rely on others -credibility- to establish it for you, which then leads to the problem, how do you establish their credibility? And so on, and forever.

Heh.

#42146 - 08/21/10 01:18 AM Re: Tani Jantsang [Re: Khk]
Master Magick Offline
pledge

Loc: New York, USA
True in any forum no matter the subject... My thought is always why not go out and discover the answers yourself? Though in a small niche topic, which may have few that are 'in the know', it's more understandable to ask, which also usually implies the questioner believes that the respondents will have some creditability.

Originally Posted By: Khk
Hey, I was just going to add to this that your questions raises a funny circle.

You want to establish the -credibility- of Tani but you then rely on others -credibility- to establish it for you, which then leads to the problem, how do you establish their credibility? And so on, and forever.

Heh.

As for the OP, I have not read anything of TJ in quite sometime, but I do recall during the online "wars" that were waged against her, she usually came out on top imnsho... though in general I also believe that if you argue often online, you've already lost ;\)

#42190 - 08/21/10 03:52 PM Re: Tani Jantsang [Re: Khk]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
 Originally Posted By: Khk

Heh.

LOL! Good point. I was kind of thinking that when I posted my topic. But since I'm still relatively new to Satanism, I wanted to ask people who were more experienced in it.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. Thank you. Ironically, I'm coming to the same conclusions that some of you have. When it comes to her knowledge of the occult she seems pretty informed, but then I notice that she's a little one-sided in her views on certain things. I read her post on Pope Pius XII and the book that was written about him called, Hitler's Pope. When I researched the contents of the book myself, Jantsang failed to mention that the book's author later admitted that the Pope's hands were tied and really couldn't do anything about Hitler's agenda.

I've also noticed that she has a bit of a "take my word for it" attitude. And personally speaking, how can there be a movement or philosophy called Communist Satanism? It's an oxymoron. I don't have a problem with the concept of Communism but I don't think it has a place in Satanism.

Just my 3 yen.

#86082 - 03/28/14 01:56 PM Re: Tani Jantsang [Re: Knievel74]
feralbeest Offline
stranger

I have found her material to be very interesting and informative. Her style of writing is quite entertaining, if not downright abrasive at times, but I have followed up on some of her research, and she seems to come to some solid conclusions. I enjoyed it enough to join the Satanic Reds back in winter of 98-99 as a full member(Commissar). I would encourage reading all the Dark Doctrine materials. They are available for free through various download sites, or you can go to the SR website and order them.
#89548 - 06/15/14 08:35 AM Re: Tani Jantsang [Re: feralbeest]
Necrophilvs Offline
pledge

Loc: Finland
Are the Satanic Reds active in any way (on-or offline)?

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.