Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#43836 - 10/26/10 08:51 PM Re: Isolation and Alternative Religous Beliefs [Re: RollinStalker]
creativevalue Offline
banned
pledge

I agree with you, there may be a misread of something someplace. I posted my new article on Peoples Temple in the other post. Look down the article list for New Article on Peoples Temple. You will see we both agree with the same concepts. It is easy to misinterpret when blogging, because you can not see the emotions or get additional information, so please feel comfortable what you have said is sound concept and principle.

My Best,
E.

Edited by creativevalue (10/26/10 08:53 PM)

#43837 - 10/26/10 09:49 PM Re: Isolation and Alternative Religous Beliefs [Re: creativevalue]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
As far as isolation being looked at as dangerous becouse of mass suicides etc., people are gullible. I prefer isolation to group activities because of todays society. Society is programed. I find my best moments in solitude.
#43867 - 10/27/10 10:58 PM Re: Isolation and Alternative Religous Beliefs [Re: Lamar]
RollinStalker Offline
stranger

Loc: san francisco ,Ca
well you see there is a difference from wanting to not participate in activities one finds boring or of no interest, but what we are talking about here is what hermits of many religions have done for thousands of years! going to live in complete isolation in the woods for 20-50 years until one dies, sometimes even forgetting how to speak because one is so isolated ! so maybe your ideas of isolation are different , but for me Staretz of russia always lived this way in isolation , complete silence and away from the world

#43869 - 10/27/10 11:17 PM Re: Isolation and Alternative Religous Beliefs [Re: RollinStalker]
Lamar Offline

In one aspect, silence away from the rest of the world sounds like a plus. A total environment of one's liking would abound, I would even go so far as to say also that artificial human companions would most likely prevail. Personally, I am not the type that would be a complete hermit obviously. But, I would not knock anyone who is.
#43880 - 10/28/10 11:20 AM Re: Isolation and Alternative Religous Beliefs [Re: Lamar]
Autodidact Offline

Originally Posted By: Lamar
In one aspect, silence away from the rest of the world sounds like a plus. A total environment of one's liking would abound, I would even go so far as to say also that artificial human companions would most likely prevail. Personally, I am not the type that would be a complete hermit obviously. But, I would not knock anyone who is.

There's a lot of value in silence, especially nowadays - I don't know about you, but I have a hard time finding time *away* from people and TV and noise ... I enjoy the silence when I can get it. My favorite is a scotch and cigar on the back porch a Fall night (after the crickets and tree frogs stop).

Artificial human companions are one of the traditional CoS goals, if I recall correctly - I think they push realdoll dot com. Nice, but they won't fetch me my slippers yet ...

The total environment concept seems nice as a getaway or relaxation, but I can't imagine spending too much time there. Unless the artificial humans are indistinguishable from real humans, in which case you might as well hang out with real humans ...

#43885 - 10/28/10 04:57 PM Re: Isolation and Alternative Religous Beliefs [Re: Autodidact]
Lamar Offline

It's quite easy for me to find the time to "escape" these days. No job, car is paid off, and waiting for college to start in January. For about two more months I have all sorts of time for myself. Which I very much like.

About artificial human companions, actually, I was reading an article in one of my grandmothers magazines about robots. The author predicted that within two years time that "servant robots" may become non fiction. I am all for artificial human companions but robots to me seems a little bit too typical or forseeable. Like scientists are only looking to movies for ideas.

If I had it my way with enough cash, I would have a total environment set aside for me that I could enter into just to escape or let my creativity outward. Such as a certain chamber filled with drums and percussion, a complete surround sound stereo, crazy lights, and a place to sit and relax in darkness or dim light listening to music of my enjoyment. Now that to me is an evening well spent.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.