Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#47488 - 01/28/11 04:51 PM Re: Computer Magic [Re: Lucifer Rising]
BaronVonShankly Offline

Loc: London
Thee Temple ov Psychick Youth/Autonomous Individuals Network have been experimenting with computer magick for years. I remember going to one such ritual that used repetative images and repetative sound to put the attendees in a trance like state. It was an interesting experience to say the least.
#47536 - 01/29/11 08:19 PM Re: Computer Magic [Re: BaronVonShankly]
myk5 Offline

I'm working on a crass commercialization of sigil magic, that will involve a sigil, perhaps animated, and theta wave binaural beats. It will be online and members of my mailing list will get an invitation to try the magic out if they agree to contact me with the results, positive or not, and give me permission to use their feedback as testimonials if they are so suited.

I have found binaural beats effective personally, especially combined with sigil magic. If anyone is curious, I can share why I believe it's easier to work magic for others than for yourself....

Edited by myk5 (01/29/11 08:20 PM)

#53548 - 04/27/11 04:01 AM Re: Computer Magic [Re: myk5]
Lucifer Rising Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
Well I was wanting to add the thing about binaural waves, but seems somebody beat me to it. Oh well, I did find a good program for them. I-Doser I have been using them in my rituals for the past couple months.

#53591 - 04/28/11 03:37 AM Re: Computer Magic [Re: Lucifer Rising]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
I see the potential of computer technology in the Left hand Path in the use of ritual. People of the Left Hand Path may be scattered across the world, and they may live in locations hostile to their outlook. A virtual reality setting could be used to bring such people together in privacy away from hostile outsiders. Add artificial technology and the potential increases.

Edited by mabon2010 (04/28/11 03:37 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#53597 - 04/28/11 11:00 AM Re: Computer Magic [Re: mabon2010]
arjunasAscent Offline
pledge

Loc: PA, US
VR is an excellent way to create or evolve rituals through visuals and sound, in fact it's used successfully today for therapeutic purposes. Display technology is a big factor though and last I checked reasonably-priced head-mounted VR technology sucks. But i'm interested in being proved wrong.

The Order of the Trapezoid has been involved in the magic of sound for over a decade, but they only publish internally. Material i've obtained from the Temple of Set has done more to discourage than encourage me from joining but I may change my mind.

iDoser seems interesting.

#53598 - 04/28/11 12:02 PM Re: Computer Magic [Re: arjunasAscent]
arjunasAscent Offline
pledge

An area to explore is the viewing of cellular automaton to induce specific states of mind. Like binaural tones automatons could alter the mind in unique ways since each expresses a unique algorithmic pattern and geometric evolution. Fractals have been used in this way already.

Edited by arjunasAscent (04/28/11 12:25 PM)

#53601 - 04/28/11 01:02 PM Re: Computer Magic [Re: arjunasAscent]
arjunasAscent Offline
pledge

For those who question whether automaton and fractals can move the psyche, spend a good minute viewing any of the following:
Take into account any of those fractals can be displayed through VR-glasses and transmitted as sound too.

Edited by arjunasAscent (04/28/11 01:07 PM)

#59290 - 09/20/11 01:43 PM Re: Computer Magic [Re: Lucifer Rising]
Ashley Corinne Offline
stranger

Loc: Utah
Computers can be very useful magical tools, I would imagine. But I agree that using such a modern and mundane instrument can be counterproductive for some practitioners when used in Higher Magic, as it can serve to break the mood or disrupt the ambiance of the ritual setting. It really depends on the individual. I personally would never use a computer for Higher Magic, but I have used computers many times for Lesser Magic that is directed at other people. I think that's one of the best magical uses for the computer - a computer connected to the internet can influence an enormous amount of people, making it perfect for the practitioner who wants to influence the minds of others. YouTube can be especially useful for this.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.