Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#42215 - 08/22/10 07:41 AM Re: Muslims Will Rule America, Britain [Re: Draculesti]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Draculesti
Perhaps this is Darwinism at work? This seems to be tied in with what I think Howard Bloom is driving at in The Lucifer Principle (I'm not too far into it, but I think what I've read so far is germane to the topic at hand). Memes are often the culprits, but I think there is also a baser, more deep-seated biological imperative at work.

I don't think you're that far off with your idea. I never read The Lucifer Principle but if you continue upon Nietzsche's Will to Power you probably come to similar conclusions. I'm convinced that the core routine of life is to dominate its environment. Examples like the balance some see in an ecosystem is nothing but a temporary status quo between different life forms struggling for dominance. Take away one form and you see an explosive growth in another. Some say survival or reproduction is the purpose of life; I do think these are nothing but side-effects of what Nietzsche called Will to Power, or the innate drive to dominate. As such, you can even see evolution, the drive towards complexity and the formation of hierarchies as side-effects of it.

Life is an arms race.

D.

#42220 - 08/22/10 12:33 PM Re: Muslims Will Rule America, Britain [Re: Lucifer Rising]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Lucifer Rising
Islam is weak and very insecure. It demands conformity or death. That is about as insecure as a culture can be. Their religion has already failed, they simply are not willing to see it. Islam is suppose to unite the world. The Islamic nations aren't even united. They have no military force that can compete with the western world. All they have is a few crazy fuckers willing to bomb themselves. The only option they have is memetic warfare, and we're better at that too.

For a weak and insecure religion, it seems to be doing pretty well considering the fact that about 25% of the world population is Muslim. A failure it can hardly be called. Of all conflicts going on in the world at this moment, in how many are Muslims involved? Would 80%, as a wild guess, be an exaggeration? I don't really think so.

And while some of those suicidals might be called crazy fuckers, what was amazing about it was that they weren't some ignorant or dumb shepherds out of a mountain region but those nicely captured by our western memes.

To see how well our memes work, I don't need to do more than visit an immigrant region here. In three generations most of the economic immigration waves we had adapted so well that besides some physical differences, nothing noteworthy separated us. The last wave however seems to have a hard time doing the same. Strange since the same memes are at work here in the West.

D.

#42223 - 08/22/10 12:56 PM Re: Muslims Will Rule America, Britain [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
While I don't desire or expect to see people all colors, creeds etc. to be holding hands and singing I also see no reason for everyone to constantly be at each others throats. I will react with force if I feel threatened but I no longer engage in violence for the sake of violence.

The reason is that it is our nature. As far as humanity goes, everything is an increasing scale of us vs them that starts with me vs them, and continues upward in scale. Thing are how they are, and I just can't imagine an 'us' that isn't exclusive of somebody.
Barely any violence is for it's own sake. It's just that one mans justified reasoning is anothers insanity.

#42232 - 08/22/10 02:56 PM Re: Muslims Will Rule America, Britain [Re: Diavolo]
Lucifer Rising Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
The golden years of Islam have longed passed. Yes, they are a large force, but they can't come together militarily, economically, or politically. I would say that is rather weak. I say that Islam has failed because their window for world domination has closed. There was a time when they were doing quite well, but that's over. The world is not going to become Islamic, we're not going to be united under Islam, it failed. They had a good run, but the religion is slowly dying.

Of course they're going to fight it. They're going to kick and scream and hope we do something stupid to give them reason to keep going. As long as we don't do something incredibly stupid, like declare war on Islam, I simply am not the least bit worried about a bunch of delusional sand monkeys. That is, except to note they are delusional and we should keep a close eye on them.

Yeah, a lot of the bombings have been done by individuals who were raised in western cultures. They're new converts, so of course they're going to be more extreme. They have more to prove. They have to be extra Muslim to feel like they're really Muslim. It happens, and if the best they can do is get some convert to blow himself up, not that concerned.

Edited by Lucifer Rising (08/22/10 03:00 PM)

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.008 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.