Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#42436 - 08/25/10 02:24 PM Re: Amityville Horror house "tag sale" [Re: Fnord]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Well it would be easy to prove if there was more than one shooter. All they would have to do is check the ballistics. Of course, that only works if they still have the slugs.

#42437 - 08/25/10 02:27 PM Re: Amityville Horror house "tag sale" [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Not necessarily two shooters...

All that Weber asserts is that Defeo couldn't have acted alone. All of the bullets did come from the Marlin.

By the by, Howard Adelman, the M.E. also had issues with the official story (as did others involved).

#42438 - 08/25/10 02:34 PM Re: Amityville Horror house "tag sale" [Re: Fnord]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I suppose he could have had someone tie them down before he shot them but as far as I know none of the victims had ligature marks consistent with someone who had been bound. Not exactly sure how else multiple people could be involved and still have only one shooter. I'm also not very familiar with much of the specifics of this case. I do know of the gunpowder that was found on Dawn's nightgown though.

#42439 - 08/25/10 02:43 PM Re: Amityville Horror house "tag sale" [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Fnord Offline

Unburned or blow back gunpowder according to some.. which would indicate she fired a weapon. Of course with no nightgown available it's impossible to test this.

As for tying down... perhaps someone known who could calm the kids down?

#42442 - 08/25/10 03:01 PM Re: Amityville Horror house "tag sale" [Re: Fnord]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

This is probably just another one of those things where the truth has been buried so deep that the chances of it surfacing are not great at all.

#42463 - 08/25/10 05:23 PM Re: Amityville Horror house "tag sale" [Re: Fnord]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
 Originally Posted By: Fnord
I'm still not sold on the idea that they did it for the money... too much doesn't add up.

I was absolutely obsessed at one time with researching this case. Traded emails with Lutz and DeFeo's wife as well as with Rick Moran and Ric Osuna. There's a LOT to the story.

I was going to suggest that the Lutz's could have believed in the supernatural. That could explain it. They move into a house where a horrible crime took place not too long ago. That would freak almost anybody out.

And let's remember that the Satanic "movement" was in full swing in the early 1970's. The CoS was at full strength until '75 with covens all around the country, including NY. And the movie The Exorcist was still being talked about during that decade with reports of demonic possession in the news.

I'll be open to that.

#42501 - 08/26/10 10:26 AM Re: Amityville Horror house "tag sale" [Re: Knievel74]
Fnord Offline

We have an accord with regard to the Lutzes then. I think that initially they had no plan to do anything but move into the house and live their lives. The money and the risk for the other side of the argument are too weighted one way for it to be true unless Lutz was plain stupid and I don't think he was.

I do think that once it was all said and done he did embellish his story a bit (nothing in comparison to what the book and movie did) and move toward making a profit from it (since he lost his business and was getting a lot of attention).

That no one else experienced anything there isn't bothersome to me and it doesn't indicate to me that the Lutzes lied about their experiences. Lutzes story is actually quite tame compared to what the media and the book and movie made of it.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.