Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#10245 - 07/16/08 06:37 AM Re: Might is Right [Re: Isaak w shipley]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Oh yeah, FYI, I have finally gotten a copy of "might is right".

So who was Ragner Redbeard? Was it a psuedonym and if so for whom.

I'm finding it a little boring really. I mean, reading it isn't opening my mind to new ideas as Atlas Shrugged did. I will however, give a proper opinion of it once I've read the whole thing.

Alot of it seems to just be anti religion, which of course was great for it's time, but not something I need convincing of.

Zeph

#10247 - 07/16/08 09:36 AM Re: Might is Right [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
"Atlas Shrugged" takes something like 900 pages to tell us that 10% of the people are carrying the water for the other 90% and we should just cash in out chips, walk away, and do our own thing.

In that same vein, "Might is Right" takes a whole book preach self-reliance, independence, and to NOT turn the other cheek.

Of course, it seems as if there is nothing new in any of this material because this is foundational material of Modern Satanism.

However, in an age where everyone seems be walking around waiting for their next handout or govt program, where no one seems to want to take responsibility for anything to include their own lives, and where far too many people seem comfortable to live as half a man; this material is as relevant as ever!

#10257 - 07/16/08 05:18 PM Re: Might is Right [Re: Fist]
dagger Offline
lurker

Loc: CA
The only reason the United States Military has not committed genocide is that the Geneva Convention and the Laws of War prevent us from doing just that. The Islamic people in the Middle East do not follow these guide lines. As someone in the military I find this very frustrating. I am all for “Might is Right” but when there are rules and regulations keeping me from using my full might it would seem that the enemy is mightier then I. If the Islamic people followed the same rules and regulations as we (military) do then they would have fallen a long time ago and we would have been out of the Middle East by now. I am only talking about the current situation over there not all the carp that has happened in the past.
#10265 - 07/17/08 06:10 AM Re: Might is Right [Re: dagger]
solomon Offline
stranger

Loc: Republic of Korea
 Originally Posted By: dagger
The only reason the United States Military has not committed genocide is that the Geneva Convention and the Laws of War prevent us from doing just that.

Really? You really think that is the only reason? Not to go off on a tangent but I would be interested if you would elaborate on this.

#10267 - 07/17/08 07:43 AM Re: Might is Right [Re: solomon]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

I joined the Army in 1988 and have served in many of our military actions since 1988 - Panama, the first Gulf War, Hati, the Balkans and our current war to name a few. You might say I know something about this subject. However, the prosecution of this war deserves it's own thread.

So, Dagger, are you up for it?

#10347 - 07/26/08 04:11 AM Re: Might is Right [Re: Fist]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

I get what you are saying, however Atlas Shrugged is a novel and for the most part I found it a a page turning read. I will however admit that I skimmed a few pages here and there when the message became too repetative and took me away from the story. I've always like fiction. And I think that for me Atlas Shrugged was more inspirational to do and acheive more than to cash in my chips.

However, you still haven't answered my original question posed by this thread. Do you have a certain tacit respect for the extremeist or any kind, that lives themselves by the Might is Right principal, even though politically and socially you want to destroy them and kick their arses?

Zeph

#10351 - 07/26/08 10:59 AM Re: Might is Right [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

I think I certainly should give you an answer, I must say I don't understand your premise.

The fact of the matter is that the Islamic Radicals are not the 'better man' in this fight. The problem of terrorism, as it affects the West, is directly related to the West's own RHP limp wristed approach to fighting these people.

In the particular case of Iraq and Afghanistan, we should have had both operations largely completed in 4 years or so if we dared to use the LHP tactics that served us so well in WWII.

Remember, in WWII we quite intentionally fire bombed Dresden. It was our purpose to burn it to the ground. We quite intentionally nuked Japan - twice! We rounded up every Jap in America and put them in camps. There was no talk of civilian casualties, no talk of 'collateral damage,' no talk of 'human rights.' We won the war quickly and totally. The Axis powers surrendered totally and accepted our occupation. And in the end, the world was better for it. That is how you win a war!

This war is being 'fought' by us with one thumb up our butt and our hand around our dick.

You can have the best most enlightened civilization in history and it is worthless if you can preserve and protect it from being ravaged by the Hun.

Much like Vietnam, we can win every fight on the battlefield and lose the larger strategic war simply because the people themselves lack the will to win.

I say 'cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war!'

How to win a war

#10360 - 07/26/08 07:01 PM Re: Might is Right [Re: Fist]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Thankyou for you answer. I guess my only premise is to get into your head a little bit more. Also, at the time of originally asking the question I hadn't read Might is Right. You had pointed out a lack of MisR attitude in a post back then (which has pretty much lost it's relevance now, although this subject never will).

I've always been raised fairly left wing, but that didn't actually sit totally right with me, so I continued to question. However having moved around alot when I was younger and suffered rather badly at the hands of bullies, I am still reconciling these things, as at 18, I did an abrubt about turn and worked out that ignoring a bully does not make them go away. Confronting them and kicking their arses is the best way of dealing with them. I guess what it has taken time to reconcile in my head is that Might is Right can work for the underdog as such, and is not just an excuse for bullies and bigots.

As you are the ultimate soldier archtype (I know it's real though) on this site, you seemed to most logical person for me to get some of these questions answered by. So again thank you for answering my question. It has helped me understand myself.

Zeph

#10504 - 08/06/08 04:30 AM Re: Might is Right [Re: ZephyrGirl]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

BE AS A LION IN THE PATH!

Hate for Hate - And Ruth for Ruth,

Eye for Eye - and Tooth for tooth.

Scorn for scorn - And Smile for Smile,

Love for Love - And Guile for guile.

War for War - and Woe for Woe,

Blood for Blood - And Blow for Blow.

- Ragnar Redbeard

#10508 - 08/06/08 07:06 AM Re: Might is Right [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I'd prefer to be a deadly snake in the grass--that way, once the person has suffered greatly or has died (in a figurative sense), I'll be hard to find and destroy.
(I know it's a quote, but I couldn't help but reply :D)

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.