Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#42392 - 08/25/10 01:18 AM Because I wanted this in a different thread..
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
 Originally Posted By: Apion
Orgasmic,

Your notion of Satan is in line with LaVey's. His encompassed a closely Reichian bioelectric substance that's purported to be focused and crystalized through ritual magic. I think your hang up is with LaVey's and the contemporary CoS's ascribing atheism to Satanic theology. That's more a position to the idea of animated gods and doesn't touch the concepts you're describing above. "Deistic" Satanism is redundant.

Now, that I reread this.. I have to put out there that I do not really believe that any person that has employed magic successfully and practices this on a regular basis can claim to be both Atheist AND La Veyan. Belief in a deity or no.

Any thoughts?

#42393 - 08/25/10 01:33 AM Re: Because I wanted this in a different thread.. [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Why would you need to believe in deity to use magic?

You are aware that magic is something that is used to great effect without needing to invoke any bronze age superstitious beliefs, right?

What do you personally mean by magic? How much do you know about the actual nuts n bolts of Satanic manipulative/ritual magic?

#42395 - 08/25/10 02:12 AM Re: Because I wanted this in a different thread.. [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Duende Offline
pledge

Loc: USA
 Originally Posted By: OrgasmicKarmatic
 Originally Posted By: Apion
Orgasmic,

Your notion of Satan is in line with LaVey's. His encompassed a closely Reichian bioelectric substance that's purported to be focused and crystalized through ritual magic. I think your hang up is with LaVey's and the contemporary CoS's ascribing atheism to Satanic theology. That's more a position to the idea of animated gods and doesn't touch the concepts you're describing above. "Deistic" Satanism is redundant.

Now, that I reread this.. I have to put out there that I do not really believe that any person that has employed magic successfully and practices this on a regular basis can claim to be both Atheist AND La Veyan. Belief in a deity or no.

Any thoughts?

According to Webster's, an Atheist is one who does not believe in the existence of a deity or deities.

The employment of magic does not require belief in the literal existence of any supernatural entity.

The effectiveness of magic can be attributed to a supernormal origin as opposed to a supernatural one.

Thus there is no contradiction in being both an Atheist and a Satanist.

#42408 - 08/25/10 11:19 AM Re: Because I wanted this in a different thread.. [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: OrgasmicKarmatic

Any thoughts?

As others have pointed out, there is a fairly wide hole in your logic as magic seems to work in a way that is yet undefined. I see no reason to attribute this to a deity... that's what folks long ago did when they didn't understand something.

As for myself, I avoid terms like Atheist and Agnostic because people tend to understand those words within the context of the RHP religions.

Some have called me an agnostic because I don't deny or confirm an existence of any god (except for myself). To my mind, it's OK to say that I don't know... because I don't know. There may be gods of all manner and might, swimming around in some unknown aether and accomplishing godlike tasks all night and day for all I know. To confirm any of that as fact, when I know that what *I* imagine IS a product of *my* imagination, is an alien concept to me. On the other hand, there might be something larger 'out there' but if so, he/she/it/they aren't contributory in any way that I can see to the world I live in and so don't bear much in the way of discussion/consideration.

It's fun to imagine what a higher power might be or do but the only 'higher power' I currently have any access to is that of my own imagination coupled with what some people (like ASL for instance) call the supernormal which is really just a fancy name for things that are normal and are not yet fully understood. These are the great mysteries that fascinate me and compel me to investigate them.

#42415 - 08/25/10 11:55 AM Re: Because I wanted this in a different thread.. [Re: Fnord]
dragudown Offline
banned
stranger

There may be gods of all manner and might, swimming around in some unknown aether and accomplishing godlike tasks all night and day for all I know. To confirm any of that as fact, when I know that what *I* imagine IS a product of *my* imagination, is an alien concept to me.

could you answer me is it possible a deity can give this provided choice. In magic be try to cause action or manipulate it however walls can occurred. manipulating action i see as evil it feeds on others choices when action is revealed. unless however one practices your comment above then the so called deity would have universal right to manipulation action.

sorry it seems quite confusing am i correct

#42421 - 08/25/10 12:41 PM Re: Because I wanted this in a different thread.. [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
Magic can be practiced in many ways. Ritual and minipulation of another are just a couple to name. Just because one engages in rituals to clear ones head from whatever may be restricting their minds from accomplishing whatever task doesn't mean the belief in a metaphsyical diety is there. So there is no hipocrisy in performing magic and claiming to be an athiest.

It seems you lack a general understanding of what Satanism is and it probably would suite you well to try and read between the lines of the philosophy or find a religion that works better for you because right now this one doesn't seem to be fitting well with your outlook on things.
Ring

#42428 - 08/25/10 01:49 PM Re: Because I wanted this in a different thread.. [Re: Ringmaster]
dragudown Offline
banned
stranger

until I get a guarantee my first try to be a CoS member is excepted my satanizm will be different mabby my own unique way i collect of information on witchcraft i may even no it better then you its intelligent design etc so much so Church of Satan may use my information from time to time. pretty sure i know the truth as some admit they follow me they must also admit I'm useful to Church of Satan from my posts on the Internet
Your usefulness to this site can certainly be measured in small numbers if this is how you choose to express yourself. Please learn how to express yourself in writing if you wish to continue posting here, and consider yourself warned. To emphasize: I don't warn more than once.

#42429 - 08/25/10 01:51 PM Re: Because I wanted this in a different thread.. [Re: dragudown]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Judging from your participation thus far on this site I highly doubt CoS will accept you. Then again, they might.

#42432 - 08/25/10 01:58 PM Re: Because I wanted this in a different thread.. [Re: dragudown]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
Being a CoS member means nothing but having a red card that probably isn't lamenated. Just because you are a member doesn't make you what you claim to be. It seems that you will be doing nothing but conforming to the herd. Do you think some great wisdom will come out of possessing the red card? It won't.

#42474 - 08/25/10 09:28 PM Re: Because I wanted this in a different thread.. [Re: dragudown]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

“until I get a guarantee my first try to be a CoS member is excepted my satanizm will be different mabby my own unique way i collect of information on witchcraft i may even no it better then you its intelligent design etc so much so Church of Satan may use my information from time to time. pretty sure i know the truth as some admit they follow me they must also admit I'm useful to Church of Satan from my posts on the Internet”

dragudown, 600Club. 25/08/2010

“as today so is tommorow we in withcraft are built on moral structure most times then not associated with our leaders such as leveh. well if their ever came a time where the imposiible risk factors collapsed such say for in stence using pie.13pi_-_ as a form to supply demand or perhaps puttin food on the grill=time machine comin here puttin computers on the grill and taken them back with them to raise an army well two senarios if they fell apart the leaders in witchcraft ha ha k well their days would be numbered and condamnation.

i dont meen to be rude really dont honestly however i approch this topic today in concern the leaders first steps would like i discovered in duels at diablo abolish away with the moral respect and the practice were all goin to get condemned and were goina blame you if you dont attack me wow golly happened to me last month.

its open debate”

levehheaven, 600Club. 18/04/2010

“ok ive been banned everywhere lately. i dont meen to do anybody wrong. im the sort of person that wishes to be a right and left path. with no hate desire well i dont know much about it perhaps i should when i get satans bible and ritual book ill be better prepared for people. since i was asked politely to stop posting ok ill wait 4 months like my ban stated. by that time i hope to read the books. im true in my ways. ok i have many strange beliefes dont hate me for it, if i do say something usually im open for debate.

i suppose witchcraft can be very intidating to me anyhow among people in society. i see intimidation and i try to hold my head up high, as im usually spit on.

if i was here to cause a disturbance i wouldnt bother reading your books. i hope that speaks my intensions. i know many things though find CoS quite intreguing really i do how profane my relating skills might seem i really admire you all.

i fight wars on a daily bases within my mind. very tenced up i suppose, so my comments might not meet up to your standards. i have difficulty relating to your posts. things such as hate revenge things on that nature im not really seeking. seeking truth i admire, philosophy wish i could take it in college. i hope you can except me for who i am, i cant take an english coarse to get better at typing though i may buy more books.

whats to be said i didnt meen to offend anyone.

hopefully in 4 months ill be ready”

Demonize, LTTD. Questions about the Church of Satan. 19/11/2008

(My apologies for taking a quote from LTTD)

As a Satanist I have the option of determining how I will address and regard people. In this case I choose to demonstrate some concern.

It is reasonably clear to me that the persons Demonize from Letters to the Devil; levehheaven from the 600 Club; and dragudown from the 600 Club area all the same person.

If this is untrue dragudown then please state it.

If it is true then I sincerely encourage you to accept and follow the advice Magistra Ygraine gave you over at LTTD back in November 2008. That advice may seem harsh, but it was well meant and it is right.

Take care of you first, as there is no higher purpose than this.

#42480 - 08/25/10 10:22 PM Re: Because I wanted this in a different thread.. [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
dragudown Offline
banned
stranger

yes one and the same person but you all said 1 2 3 go so we at war. ive laughed at the great power of Church of Satan the banning power the greatest power in the universe mabby in the end only CoS will party and have orgies in hell no other witch i hope they go to summerland same with ha. i dont know the future neighther do you, but i do know this its a big support alot of weight on my sholders oh ya told letters of devils taugh luch they banned me hmm nay see more respect of the same.
#42481 - 08/25/10 10:30 PM Re: Because I wanted this in a different thread.. [Re: ]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

This was all good until the need to quote Ygraine, I was almost impressed.

This one goes further back here than you know.

I'm pretty damned sure I can dig up at least one other user name hes posted under here and at the old forum.

~T~

#42484 - 08/26/10 12:48 AM Re: Because I wanted this in a different thread.. [Re: dragudown]
dragudown Offline
banned
stranger

Originally Posted By: dragudown
until I get a guarantee my first try to be a CoS member is excepted my satanizm will be different mabby my own unique way i collect of information on witchcraft i may even no it better then you its intelligent design etc so much so Church of Satan may use my information from time to time. pretty sure i know the truth as some admit they follow me they must also admit I'm useful to Church of Satan from my posts on the Internet
Your usefulness to this site can certainly be measured in small numbers if this is how you choose to express yourself. Please learn how to express yourself in writing if you wish to continue posting here, and consider yourself warned. To emphasize: I don't warn more than once.

you know I marked your words about spelling downloaded two spell checkers you said at least have some respect for us so i did do i want to use it know no dont care just dont care no more you allready decided to ban me as above i need to express myself better well i cant plain and simple respect Church of Satan rubbish impossible you lay down a wall in front of me that i cant cross and suggest respect it or be banned wow so no more spell check dont have it in me to play these games

#42486 - 08/26/10 12:58 AM Re: Because I wanted this in a different thread.. [Re: dragudown]
SkaffenAmtiskaw Moderator Offline
veteran member

Thank you for taking the time to explain that. Now kindly leave.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 27 queries. Zlib compression disabled.