Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#42646 - 08/30/10 03:22 PM The Walking Dead - USA network TV show
Duende Offline
pledge

Loc: USA

A new horror show is set to debut on the USA network, on October 31. _The Walking Dead_ is based on the superb, not to be overlooked, ongoing comic book series of the same name by Robert Kirkman. The story is set in a post apocalyptic world, plagued by zombies, focusing on the survivors, and the hard decisions and consequences of those choices, they are forced to make to exist. In an America overrun by the undead, the concepts of good and evil are not so clear to those who exist in this brave new world. I am a zombie fan ( love the George Romero ones the best ), and have high hopes for this one.
Here is the trailer,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE

#42652 - 08/30/10 05:55 PM Re: The Walking Dead - USA network TV show [Re: Duende]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

According to that trailer it is going to be on AMC.

Looks like it could be a good show. I'll more than likely give it a shot.

#42653 - 08/30/10 06:02 PM Re: The Walking Dead - USA network TV show [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Duende Offline
pledge

Loc: USA
 Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
According to that trailer it is going to be on AMC.

Looks like it could be a good show. I'll more than likely give it a shot.

Yes, you're right! It's on AMC and not USA.
Unfortunately, it is too late for me to edit my original post.

#43372 - 09/30/10 06:21 PM Re: The Walking Dead - USA network TV show [Re: Duende]
Mr_Lament Offline
stranger

Loc: England.
Again the american television companys are waaay behind in coming up with a orginal concept.Zombies... in a tv series ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Set_%28TV_series%29

#48182 - 02/06/11 05:45 AM Re: The Walking Dead - USA network TV show [Re: jackamla]
unrested Offline
stranger

Loc: Osaka, Japan
I actually read through quite a few of these before i left the states 4 years ago and was super excited yet apprehensive as movies and tv shows never seem to fall in between when it comes to the quality of adapting from the page. They either fail miserably or are completely brilliant imho. As of now i have watched a few episodes (cant keep up as i have to wait for sites to have them up and streaming here)...and i gotta say i am pretty damn pleased.

the best way i would describe it is a zombie soap opera. any and all are welcome to disagree with this but i am quite happy with the mix of a decent weave of complex characters into the post-apocalyptic setting that is the walking dead.

#55339 - 06/01/11 01:27 PM Re: The Walking Dead - USA network TV show [Re: unrested]
Pizgatti Offline
stranger

I think it was well written as far as the first season goes. A very fine balance between classic zombie horror, and TV appropriate interest keeping plots. They are switching their whole staff though...hope the next season doesn't suck.
#57023 - 07/17/11 08:04 PM Re: The Walking Dead - USA network TV show [Re: Duende]
Targeted313 Offline
stranger

Excellent series.I'm anxiously awaiting season 2
#57148 - 07/19/11 11:37 AM Re: The Walking Dead - USA network TV show [Re: Targeted313]
Anubisstar Offline
stranger

Loc: Canada
I agree that the Walking Dead is an excellent series. The acting is pretty good and the action is well balanced not gratuitous. I would like to know what happened to the African-American man and his son.I like the cast and the tension between Shane and Lori that develops after Rick's reappearance keeps you on the edge especially after Shane points the gun from afar at Rick in the forest. I hope season 2 gets good reviews from the critics.
#57620 - 07/27/11 12:50 AM Re: The Walking Dead - USA network TV show [Re: Anubisstar]
Baphomit666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Taunton-Mass-USA
So glad season 2 is coming out. I personally loved the first. The second season trailer that was played during an episode of Breaking Bad last week made the second series look pretty good to me. I also have fears about the new team though, i hope they keep the same direction.

#57627 - 07/27/11 02:50 AM Re: The Walking Dead - USA network TV show [Re: Baphomit666]
C4NE Offline
lurker

Ya, the Walking Dead season one was amazing! I heard they already signed up for there to be two more seasons coming out...

Can't wait for season 2 to start already!!!

Aye Baphomit666, when you saw the second season trailer, does it have a date to when its start up again?? seems like forever I've been waiting!

#57679 - 07/28/11 02:34 AM Re: The Walking Dead - USA network TV show [Re: C4NE]
Baphomit666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Taunton-Mass-USA
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-season-2-trailer-from-comic-con

I found this trailer. it says october 2011. It looks pretty good. there are other videos to view on there as well.

#58854 - 09/05/11 04:49 AM Re: The Walking Dead - USA network TV show [Re: Baphomit666]
devil is here Offline
Banned--Spammer
lurker

I have not watched this show yet but one of my friends have strongly recommended it to me. So may be i watch it soon

#61091 - 11/04/11 06:59 PM Re: The Walking Dead - USA network TV show [Re: devil is here]
Darkened_Shadow_ Offline
lurker

George Romero is a genious and all. I watched one episode of the Walking Dead and wasn't enthused about it. He is a good director and all. But this is just my opinion. I'm a horror film fanatic. But The Walking Dead. It doesn't have enough in it for me. The episode that I saw was when they found the boy that was lost in the woods. And they were looking for some medicine to cure the boy of a sickness or something? It wasn't all that interesting in my view.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 26 queries. Zlib compression disabled.