Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#42654 - 08/30/10 06:10 PM A music video I thought I'd share...
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
I discovered this band a few days ago, and I'm really liking their brand of melo-death metal. Plus their vocalist is a very talented growler, of whom puts Angela Gossow from Arch Enemy to shame

Anyway, here's a song for your listening pleasure...

Note: I don't expect everyone to like this. I just thought I'd share due to my current love for them.

Enjoy.

#42655 - 08/30/10 06:13 PM Re: A music video I thought I'd share... [Re: DistroyA]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I wouldn't say she puts Angela to shame but she is a talented vocalist. And she is dead sexy which is a big plus in my book.

#42661 - 08/31/10 02:59 AM Re: A music video I thought I'd share... [Re: DistroyA]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

I know them for quite some time, downloaded a cd from the group a few months back.
You should try out their "lullabies from a dormant mind" and my top favourite: "Bussiness suits and combat shoes".

And seconded she is a hot chick. She is a big "YES" in my "would-you-fuck"book.

#42724 - 09/02/10 07:54 PM Re: A music video I thought I'd share... [Re: Dimitri]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Yeah, I got both their albums. "Lullabies..." is the one I've listened to mostly.

Personally, I prefer the song I posted, as it has all the bits I love in a metal song.

First Track I heard was "And Their Eulogies Sang Me to Sleep", of which has an intro that a friend of mine described as sounding like "hardcore anal sex". XD

After hearing that track, I was pretty much hooked. 'Nuff said really.

#42726 - 09/03/10 02:52 AM Re: A music video I thought I'd share... [Re: DistroyA]
Euronymous Offline
stranger

Loc: san diego, ca
Very nice video indeed. However, I would disagree on this lead singers vocal skills 'putting Angela's to shame'. I do think this particular lady has talent, no doubt. I love Arch Enemy :).

#42727 - 09/03/10 02:57 AM Re: A music video I thought I'd share... [Re: Euronymous]
Jake999 Offline

My only questions are:

1. How did she get my coffee mug from my car?

and

2. Why is she wearing my coffee mug on her head?

#42731 - 09/03/10 09:24 AM Re: A music video I thought I'd share... [Re: Jake999]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Your on your own here fella'. Vocals and lyrics are pretty much the industry standard. I hate that 'gruff voice' crap. This could be played on just about any Alt Rock radio station in the US. The musicians aren't breaking any new ground either - 200 local garage bands are doing the same thing. The only thing these guys bring to the table is the 'chick rocker' shtick which is pretty much over played unless she is actually very good.

Due to their exceptionally mundane and commercial sound I suspect they will do very well for themselves. Congrats!

#42743 - 09/03/10 10:02 PM Re: A music video I thought I'd share... [Re: Fist]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Dammit Fist, you took the words out of my mouth.

She sounds better when she's actually "singing"...everything else is her talking while breathing inward and wrapping her lips around the mic. Another reason why I can't stand Archenemy or most of "death metal" bands. Nothing stands out.

Meh.

Please disregard my apathy tonight.

#42746 - 09/03/10 10:21 PM Re: A music video I thought I'd share... [Re: Fist]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
I'd have to agree with Fist on this. Mostly for the sound of the studio production. I'm growing quite tired of the sterile stacked guitars and drums that sound like drum machines. Worst of all the attitude that volume change is your worst enemy.

I don't think the song is terrible and I like the singer but it is just a bit too generic for my tastes.
If you're looking for some very unique female-fronted metal there's always Unexpect and Stolen Babies.

#42763 - 09/04/10 10:44 AM Re: A music video I thought I'd share... [Re: TV is God]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
For me, the guitar work of Metallica and Megadeth is as good as it gets. If you have a 'metal' band and have a hard time doing Metallica and Megadeth covers, you may want to look into another line of work. Back in the 80's there was an 'axe' arms race. What happened?

Even if you don't like the music of Hendix and some of the other guitar greats of the 60's, you have to respect the talent. I had a tutor that tried really hard to teach me to play the guitar. He was a notable 12 string classical Spanish guitar player. Again, the classical 12 string guys are long in technical ability.

16 track studio remixing has turned every turd with the right commercial look into a 'star.'

#42815 - 09/05/10 10:18 PM Re: A music video I thought I'd share... [Re: Fist]
Autodidact Offline

Originally Posted By: Fist
16 track studio remixing has turned every turd with the right commercial look into a 'star.'

It's so hard to find good heavy metal any more - for me, anyway. (My persuasion: Old Metallica good, "pop" Metallica just boring).

I think the "market" has expanded so much that there's a lot of mediocre, "popular" stuff, and it makes it that much harder to sift thru for the good stuff. Alas.

What's fairly new that you guys really like, heavy metal-wise? And where do you look?

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.