Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#44054 - 11/09/10 07:13 AM Re: Satanists Book Oklahoma Civic Center for Ritual [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
PrinceOfBabalon Offline
stranger

Loc: London
I'm somewhat late to the table for this discussion, but having read through the posts here and the linked news articles I'm reminded why I am reluctant to publically call myself a Satanist; I would be associated, even distantly, with these kinds of non-entities.

These fools (who make the rods for their own back) have next to no understanding of Satanism as something greater and darker than a juvenile, angst-ridden attention seeking device and have absolutely no understanding of magic. It's my hope that they move onto a new fad as soon as possible and before doing anything else that further conflates Satanism in the public consciousness not with intelligence and power but with idiocy and the glamorization of being a failure.

#44071 - 11/10/10 03:59 PM Re: Satanists Book Oklahoma Civic Center for Ritual [Re: PrinceOfBabalon]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
These fools (who make the rods for their own back) have next to no understanding of Satanism as something greater and darker than a juvenile, angst-ridden attention seeking device and have absolutely no understanding of magic.

It's quite odd, they exactly are saying the same about you when confronting them. The philosophy you have chosen is one of great conflict and tremendous confrontation. I might even think some are having trouble wearing the label by underestimating the weight the label has, let alone having the proper mindset from my point of view.

I personally see no problem calling yourself a Satanist as long as you are capable of holding your horses together and have a near perfect history of good, respectfull and honest behavior spiced up with a great deal of codes of honour and a will and mindset in order to progress your social status and life-style.

Edited by Dimitri (11/10/10 04:01 PM)

#44089 - 11/12/10 07:06 PM Re: Satanists Book Oklahoma Civic Center for Ritual [Re: ta2zz]
Myrddin Derwydd Offline
stranger

Quote:
"ta2zz"
"The only 19 yr old arrested on that blotter was booked for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon."

And though I neither defend this person nor detract from them the truth is that this information is inaccurate. Assault and battery is not associated with the individual accused of this misdemeanor.

This then brings up the situation regarding trespassing. Were you to trespass on public property (is that possible) can/should you be arrested for doing that? May the public step foot on public property yet be arrested for trespassing on same grounds simply due to an officer making a decision to favor the public [majority] over a specific minority [Satanism]? (In this case a lawfully recognized religious group.)

Suppose the real issue is FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Can I speak my will, in public, against a majority view, without expectation of harassment by the Police? Did the Police violate the right of the public here or did they enforce trespassing laws regarding the public being on public property?

Free speech or trespassing on the public. How would a Judge assess this measure?

#44090 - 11/12/10 11:22 PM Re: Satanists Book Oklahoma Civic Center for Ritual [Re: Myrddin Derwydd]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Myrddin Derwydd
And though I neither defend this person nor detract from them the truth is that this information is inaccurate. Assault and battery is not associated with the individual accused of this misdemeanor.

So either your linked information was wrong or you are full of it either way doesn’t matter very much. Ignorance to the law will not favor in your defense.

This then brings up the situation regarding trespassing. Were you to trespass on public property (is that possible) can/should you be arrested for doing that? May the public step foot on public property yet be arrested for trespassing on same grounds simply due to an officer making a decision to favor the public [majority] over a specific minority [Satanism]? (In this case a lawfully recognized religious group.)

Sounds like those flying the Satanism banner expected fair treatment from the average sheep do I need to point out how ignorant this is? Yes schools, libraries and parks are public property yet you can be arrested for trespassing there after hours. Again these things should have been thought out and seriously a lawyer should have been retained with such an undertaking. Before any of this happened the laws should have been defined.

Suppose the real issue is FREEDOM OF SPEECH. Can I speak my will, in public, against a majority view, without expectation of harassment by the Police? Did the Police violate the right of the public here or did they enforce trespassing laws regarding the public being on public property?

There are laws governing freedom of speech, as there are laws to follow when protesting. Remember while you are free to say anything you want, this doesn’t give you the right to say or do anything you like without fear of repercussions. The real issue is ignorance of the law, ignorance to human nature and just plain ignorance. If a cop tells you to stop something and you continue it thinking you know it all well, guess what shit happens.

Help yourself or your friend out and hire him a lawyer “now” as trying to fight this on your own will probably not go very well.

Free speech or trespassing on the public. How would a Judge assess this measure?

Guess this kid will find out eh? Again my suggestion retain a lawyer ask these questions to him. Otherwise this rant of yours screams only of ignorance to reality.

Similar stories this guy fights for GOD. http://www.the600club.com/dir/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/36237/#Post36237

This video might be of interest as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ283ZkzycY

Long video but very informative. http://www.youtube.com/user/XENUTV?blend=2&ob=1#p/u/69/8QGDxnrYqKg

Ignorance and Satanism are like oil and water.

Have a nice day

~T~

#47981 - 02/03/11 03:57 PM Re: Satanists Book Oklahoma Civic Center for Ritual [Re: ta2zz]
Myrddin Derwydd Offline
stranger

About 3 months ago this was a hot topic. Since then the leader of the group has mentioned they, the group that is, would be developing a new web site. I've yet to discover it.

The Church of the IV Crown Princes however, does maintain a site at: http://www.meetup.com/Ok-ahoma-Satanist/ and back three months ago they had 40 meetup members. Two weeks ago it was 19 and now it is 20.

The FOX affiliate in Oklahoma City interviewed James Hale and presented the news clip on Wednesday February 02, 2011 on the 9:00 PM news cast. There we discovered the Church of the IV Crown Princes claim, "...there are thousands of satanists in the Oklahoma City area." That's good to know but why do 99% of them fail to join the meetup group?

From the FOX 25 web site we learn: "According to the leader of a local satanic church, there are thousands of satanists in the Oklahoma City area. We sat down with the leader to ask the tough questions and find out what their beliefs are. Posted: Wednesday, February 2 2011, 11:05 PM CST"

The link is here:
http://www.okcfox.com/newsroom/special_reports/videos/vid_209.shtml

They are supposed to do "part 2" on Thursday night February 03, 2011 in which they present video from the October event from last year.

According to the meetup web site they have had 63 meetings since they formed. That would be just a bit more than one a week. Not bad for about 20 members.

What do you think about what they are doing?

DISCLOSURE:
I am not a member of that group nor have I made any contact with them as of this date. I'm just curious about what they are up to.

#48015 - 02/03/11 11:35 PM Re: Satanists Book Oklahoma Civic Center for Ritual [Re: Myrddin Derwydd]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Thanks for the video link.

It looks like your average group that managed to get some publicity and take advantage of it. The guy wasn't phenomenally articulate and his "ritual chamber" came off as a bit tacky, but hey, if he can keep a group together then that's his little party.

My impression is that he uses the basic outline according to the Satanic Bible for the sake of having organized, but is more eclectic and inclusive to theistic and spiritual Satanists.

There are definitely not thousands of Satanists in Oklahoma city. But of course, it's more exciting to say otherwise.

#48018 - 02/04/11 12:33 AM Re: Satanists Book Oklahoma Civic Center for Ritual [Re: The Zebu]
Jake999 Offline

For what it WAS, it was done within limits I would see as acceptable. They're not following the exact guidelines of ritual that I was taught, nor were they conducting a ritual exactly as I WOULD... but they WERE DOING SOMETHING, rather than simply being on the web and declaring themselves to be "satanists," yet lacking any personal experience or contextual substance.

I personally might have defied any local laws or taboos and had the naked altar. I wouldn't have covered my face or had the members of the ritual do so. If I was going to "go public," it would be more of an impact to say, "Here we are. This we do," without obscuring our appearances.

Of course this was Oklahoma City. Most of the time in California, I could have sold tickets, but when the press was at one of our events, we made no allowance for them. They saw us... boobs and all.

#48038 - 02/04/11 09:13 AM Re: Satanists Book Oklahoma Civic Center for Ritual [Re: Jake999]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
You have boobs? \:D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

#48039 - 02/04/11 09:36 AM Re: Satanists Book Oklahoma Civic Center for Ritual [Re: Myrddin Derwydd]
Myrddin Derwydd Offline
stranger

They made it a two part series. Here are the links:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 2 shows inside the public ritual held at the Civic Center last October.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.