Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#42737 - 09/03/10 06:39 PM That friggin' Mosque!
Oxus Offline

One of the investors in a proposed Islamic center near ground zero is a Long Island medical clinic owner whose expressions of sympathy for Palestinians included a donation to a charity later shut down for links to Hamas.
Read

#42738 - 09/03/10 07:37 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Oxus]
Autodidact Offline

Originally Posted By: Oxus
One of the investors in a proposed Islamic center near ground zero is a Long Island medical clinic owner whose expressions of sympathy for Palestinians included a donation to a charity later shut down for links to Hamas.

RTFA:

Quote:
When the foundation's leaders were indicted, Attorney General John Ashcroft said, the case was not "a reflection on the well-meaning people who may have donated funds to the foundation."

Guilt by association? Please. Come up with something better, or take it somewhere else.

#42741 - 09/03/10 08:18 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Autodidact]
Oxus Offline

Wouldn't this be guilty by support / aiding and abetting? Don't dodge the facts here. And wake up to what's going on, wait . . . maybe you support terrorism also?
 Originally Posted By: Autodidact

RTFA:

Quote:
When the foundation's leaders were indicted, Attorney General John Ashcroft said, the case was not "a reflection on the well-meaning people who may have donated funds to the foundation."

Guilt by association? Please. Come up with something better, or take it somewhere else.

#42745 - 09/03/10 10:18 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Oxus]
Autodidact Offline

Wouldn't this be guilty by support / aiding and abetting? Don't dodge the facts here.

Um, there are no facts in the article linking the partnership with Hamas. Even John Ashcroft basically said as much. Again, RTFA.

Pesky things, those facts ...

And wake up to what's going on

Aside from you directing me at Enquirer-style reporting, I must be missing it, alas.

maybe you support terrorism also?

"Ooh, and he jumps straight to the ad hominem - that's a rookie mistake, John."

"You know it, Pat - this youngster's gonna get eaten alive if he keeps trying that move."

#42755 - 09/04/10 04:01 AM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Autodidact]
Syn_Holliday Offline
stranger

Loc: West Covina, CA
Whether or not there is any connection to terrorist groups, I'm sure there are many who are praying that there are, so they have a reason to prevent it from being there. I wouldn't be surprised if they stooped to shady reporting also.
#42761 - 09/04/10 08:04 AM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Syn_Holliday]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

The simple act of aligning yourself with Islam you are automatically designating yourself as "terrorist" or, at the very least, a supporter.

If the Muslim faith didn't call for such extreme measures (which are actively being seen to) I would have no more of a problem with them building their mosques than I would have with any other religious group building their places of worship. However, as it sits right now, Islam poses a credible threat. Therefore I have no problem opposing them and their agenda at every possible turn.

You sound like another fool championing the "virtue" of tolerance.

#42764 - 09/04/10 11:06 AM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Don't get mad, get lunch!

Start with a fresh baguette.
Set your oven to 350.
On a deep cookie sheet bake lay out your favorite bacon in single strips. Whole Foods sells a very nice thick sliced wood smoked bacon.
Place the bacon in the oven for 15-20min. Keep an eye on it because bacon can cook fast in an oven.
Remove the bacon with tongs. If it is not crispy enough place it back in the oven at about 5min intervals.
Placed the hot bacon on a small stack of paper towels to drain. Cover this with another layer of paper towels and flip.
Cut a 12" section of baguette. Then slice lengthwise.
Dress one side of the bread with mayonnaise and a good quality tomato. I like a home grown Beefsteak tomato.
Lettuce is optional.
I give you the best BLT ever.

Now, take your BLT to the offending Mosque and have a little picnic. There is a good chance that you may spill some bacon on the steps of the Mosque. If people are there, engage them in conversation. They may become quite upset by your lunch. They become so upset that they cause you to drop your BLT right on the steps of the Mosque.

For added effect, you can invite your friends to your Mosque picnic. You can bill it as a 'cultural exchange' event. You could even have an adult T-ball game. Make sure to bring your T-stand and balls. Just make sure all of your friends bring their own T-ball bats....

Yep, bacon and T-ball. What could be more American than that?

#42767 - 09/04/10 01:57 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
 Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
The simple act of aligning yourself with Islam you are automatically designating yourself as "terrorist" or, at the very least, a supporter.

I have to agree with that. Maybe not a terrorist but definitely a supporter. I mean that to anyone in general.

Quote:
If the Muslim faith didn't call for such extreme measures (which are actively being seen to) I would have no more of a problem with them building their mosques than I would have with any other religious group building their places of worship. However, as it sits right now, Islam poses a credible threat. Therefore I have no problem opposing them and their agenda at every possible turn.

I agree with this 100%. I've said this before. If you look at some of the countries in Europe who've allowed Islam to flourish, you'll see that those countries are having problems with Muslims who are trying to convert the laws of these countries into Islamic laws. Countries that were into religious tolerance and freedom of speech are being threatened into having them taken away.

If you don't believe me, ask Theo van Gogh. Oh, wait! You can't. He was stabbed to death in broad daylight in the streets of his own city by a Muslim because of the film he did on Islam.

#42768 - 09/04/10 02:09 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Knievel74]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
If you don't believe me, ask Theo van Gogh. Oh, wait! You can't. He was stabbed to death in broad daylight in the streets of his own city by a Muslim because of the film he did on Islam.

You are forgetting:
- various death treaties towards right-wing politicians
- harassing of the Danish cartoonist who is currently hiding
- the burning and damaging of private properties in Paris as a protest for 2 dumbshits who managed to fry themselves while hiding in a electricity room from the cops, the protest also spread towards the neighbouring countries (Brussels, Amsterdam and I also think in Spain).
- the hunger strike from Arabic immigrants at the University of Brussel because they wanted to have their papers and were afraid of being send back to their country of birth (as a former student on the VUB I can say their presence was VERY annoying for both administrational and educational personal as for the students themselves, I swear I would have killed the very first person who was helping these leeches and even in support of their ideas).

Edited by Dimitri (09/04/10 02:09 PM)

#42773 - 09/04/10 04:16 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Syn_Holliday Offline
stranger

Loc: West Covina, CA
 Quote:

And by aligning with the Christian Bible, the believers would be aligning themselves with execution of gays and those who work on Saturdays, not allowing women to teach (because they are easily deceived), justifying war with "enemies" based on religion, stoning to death unruly youth, owning slaves, beating slaves (as long as the slave survives a day or two), killing all the men of countries defeated in war and making slaves of the women and children (the pretty women can be taken as wives), commanding women to submit unto their husbands in EVERYTHING, and a lot of other things.

But no one seems to be appalled at a Christian church being near Ground Zero. If believers of either religion followed all that their ancient books profess, they would all be considered terrorists.

A pastor who hates Muslims, Mormons, and gays, will be preaching at the 9/11 Christian Center. He began preaching Sundays at the Marriott at 85 West Street (about as near to Ground Zero as the mosque, if not nearer). A weekly service is planned at the hotel until the $8 million center finds a permanent space.

Yet not a peep from those who are protesting the mosque.

#42774 - 09/04/10 04:25 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Syn_Holliday]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

And yet you don't see a large number of Xians doing any of that. If they do start to actively mobilize then there will be an issue. Until then I will focus on credible threats.

#42776 - 09/04/10 05:53 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Syn_Holliday]
Oxus Offline

When was the last time Christians took down two huge buildings in NYC and murdered people?

You know what . . . you're a terrorist too!

Quote:
And by aligning with the Christian Bible, the believers would be aligning themselves with execution of gays and those who work on Saturdays, not allowing women to teach (because they are easily deceived), justifying war with "enemies" based on religion, stoning to death unruly youth, owning slaves, beating slaves (as long as the slave survives a day or two), killing all the men of countries defeated in war and making slaves of the women and children (the pretty women can be taken as wives), commanding women to submit unto their husbands in EVERYTHING, and a lot of other things.

But no one seems to be appalled at a Christian church being near Ground Zero. If believers of either religion followed all that their ancient books profess, they would all be considered terrorists.

A pastor who hates Muslims, Mormons, and gays, will be preaching at the 9/11 Christian Center. He began preaching Sundays at the Marriott at 85 West Street (about as near to Ground Zero as the mosque, if not nearer). A weekly service is planned at the hotel until the $8 million center finds a permanent space.

Yet not a peep from those who are protesting the mosque.

Edited by Oxus (09/04/10 06:00 PM)

#42784 - 09/05/10 06:05 AM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Oxus]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

If all you can do is accuse people of being terrorists, I suggest you visit a forum that is less demanding at an intellectual level.

D.

#42788 - 09/05/10 12:15 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Syn_Holliday]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:

A kind reminder both Christian religion and Islam share common grounds..
Let us focus on what these 2 religions have more in common.
- Hating jews.
That sounds helpfull, I think this given thing can be used in an enhancing way... I have something in mind with red flags, and a slightly tilted Hindu symbol.

Now seriously...

I think you are overblowing it a bit. While such things are indeed written in the Bible and Qu'ran, not any believer/follower adhere to these rules. Most people only mirror themselves with it to get a sense of direction and to have a grip onto "something". You'd be surprised how fast people are willingly to belief something illogical for only trying to get peace of mind. Even how far they will go to try and defend that particular fallacy just to preserve that "safe" feeling. The things you see in the media are linked towards extremitism, and am quite sure you think that counts for anyone adhering to Islam. It simply isn't, but that fact doesn't take away the religion itself is flawed as hell and doesn't deserve a good whipping.

Perhaps taking the qu'ran at hand (or the bible) and reading it, together with some history books and placing it in the right time scale will allow you to take a look at the other side and understand the religion better. You'd probably come to the same conclusion as me which would be that those religions are out-dated and don't serve the purpose anymore for what they were once designed by man.

The reason I am against Islam is for cultural reasons and for the thing written above.
 Quote:

It is equally bad, but at least the majority of the U.S is and has been raised Christian. It's normal a Christian church would be built since Christianity is part of the U.S culture. Islam simply isn't. Add up the emotional burden people have about this place and you'll quite quickly notice it is a grave insult.

I wouldn't claim any muslim being a terrorist, I would only call them a bunch of idiots and will try to ignore their pathetic rules and life-style. If they are a bit too demanding I will simply point out whose country and culture they are living in (both the hard and easy way). Adapt or get the fuck out.

(For possible incomprehensive sentences due to weird spelling and grammar, my apologies. Hadn't had much sleep the last couple of weeks and study and extensive use of maths caused my ability to write properly a bit chaotic.)

Edited by Dimitri (09/05/10 12:44 PM)

#42790 - 09/05/10 01:28 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Diavolo]
Oxus Offline

I believe I posted the topic for this thread which began the discussion (if you can call it that). What vernacular verbosity have you brought to the table aside from your worthless jab from behind the shoulders of Autodidact?

Accusing someone of being a terrorist sure gets some feedback! hmmm

Diavolo, you are probably a terrorist also then. LOL!
 Originally Posted By: Diavolo
If all you can do is accuse people of being terrorists, I suggest you visit a forum that is less demanding at an intellectual level.

D.

Edited by Oxus (09/05/10 01:29 PM)

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.