Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#43203 - 09/26/10 01:01 AM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Fnord]
Sinthesis Offline
stranger

Loc: various places in New Jersey
The xenophobia against Muslims is a massive distraction tactic. FOX news is whipping it up and they don't even care; one of their primary investors is a Muslim oil prince.

In a country where so many of us are unemployed, and the rich are nonetheless getting richer, are powerless little Muslims really the thing to be worrying about?

I absolutely do not like the idea of finding any scapegoat simply for the sake of having one.

Come on. Nothing should be more obvious. How can Satanists, our symbol being a goat, defend the idea of scapegoating? Our entire ethos revolves around dispelling the illusion that there is a scary Other among us that needs to be eliminated. We are the Other. Don't you see something similar about terrorism paranoia and the Satanic Panic?

"The West" is not one coherent unit. My father and I moved from Right to Left when we noticed that the whole "take the oil from the Middle East" idea didn't involve using it to truly better the American people, but instead enriched and empowered a tiny clique inside the USA. Even if "the West" has military triumphs, it does not benefit me. Actually it makes it worse -- now we have a war debt which I will be on the hook to pay for my life long. War doesn't just come with the wave of a wand. It's insanely expensive. While some of it goes to civilian-transferable military research, most of it just goes to the annihilation of goods, materials, infrastructure, and humans which/who could be harnessed for progress.

"A nation that enslaves others forges its own chains."
--Karl Marx

I'm proud I was there on this last 9/11 defending the mosque. Your scapegoating probably won't work, anyway. Mosque supporters outnumbered mosque protesters.

Edited by Sinthesis (09/26/10 01:04 AM)

#43211 - 09/26/10 05:49 AM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Sinthesis]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
The xenophobia against Muslims is a massive distraction tactic. FOX news is whipping it up and they don't even care; one of their primary investors is a Muslim oil prince.

Sounds you are thinking about a (governmental?) conspiracy theory. Besides, so what that a primary investor is a Muslim oil prince? I've known politicians and other "wealthy" and powerfull persons supporting the building of industrial processing plants in non-suited zones. They encountered heavy protest from the persons living there and the whole plan was to be cancelled/moved. (I was one of the protestors and the one that started the whole protest, they were trying to build a asphalt processing plant). If there is enough power against it, then what would a lousy prince do about it.

Quote:
In a country where so many of us are unemployed, and the rich are nonetheless getting richer, are powerless little Muslims really the thing to be worrying about?

I think you are underestimating it a bit. They aren't that powerless and neither are you. There are things which go way above money. But I guess the definition of real honor and pride has become too alien for you (and for most of the Western world) to gasp and understand.

Edited by Dimitri (09/26/10 05:56 AM)
Edit Reason: typos..

#43219 - 09/26/10 02:10 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Sinthesis]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

It is almost amusing how you condemn the scapegoating of Muslims but apparently don't feel bothered at all to do the same with the "rich".

I guess you assume that if we all just hold hands and wish things to be better, peace on Earth will be the inevitable result.

I expect more realism from a satanist.

D.

#43221 - 09/26/10 03:37 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Sinthesis]
Oxus Offline

These 'powerless little Muslims' unfortunately have 'powerfully great' Extremist groups that take Jihad literally and would like nothing more than YOU dead. This is the latest version in the attempt of Abrahamic despotic control.

Originally Posted By: Sinthesis

#43224 - 09/26/10 07:20 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Oxus]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"are powerless little Muslims really the thing to be worrying about?"

Yes, when they strap bombs onto themselves and kill other people, their poor families get a lot of money from the state.

So, lots of poor muslims with poor families blow themselves up for Allah, 72 virgins, and making sure their mom will be taken care of when they are dead.

As for poor, do you really think the poor are going to build this mosque in New York City? The money will come from rich arabs who don't really care about the poor. If they did, they would actually take care of them back home, and improve the standard of living.

It's about money, and building a mosque next to/near the site of one of their victories over the great Satan that America's twin towers represented.

Morgan

#43230 - 09/26/10 09:44 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Sinthesis]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
This is the second time you've replied directly to me and attempted, by your reply, to insinuate that I've said something I've not said.

There is a feature on all modern boards called "quote". Quote something I've written and then attempt to refute it.

Like this:

Quote:
I'm proud I was there on this last 9/11 defending the mosque. Your scapegoating probably won't work, anyway. Mosque supporters outnumbered mosque protesters.

That you'd waste your time defending a right hand religion tells me the rest of what I need to know.

You should probably find a more suitable place to show off your brightly polished good guy badge. It won't buy you any respect in these hallways.

#46817 - 01/14/11 09:43 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
anseoasresere Offline
stranger

Loc: Massachusetts USA
 Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6

Who did we invade that caused 9/11?

think back to that glorious time after the second world war...

#47276 - 01/23/11 09:27 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: anseoasresere]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
 Quote:
I guess you assume that if we all just hold hands and wish things to be better, peace on Earth will be the inevitable result.

I expect more realism from a satanist.

The modern scientific view of the world has created a considerable problem for religion, e.g. Islam. It has brought forth Atheism and Nihilism. The mechanistic view destroyed the basis on which all teleological systems in religion rested (e.g. Islam), and opened up Nihility at the base of the world leaving no place for God. This abyss of Nihility was opened up basal to human existence. Existentialism developed, and what it had to say: 'Insist that one's subjectivity can be established only in the realization of Nihility which is a direct consequence of the awareness of the Nihility brought about by modern science.'

Contemporary Atheism is not materialistic, but a more radical, existential Atheism which takes Nihility without God as the basis of freedom. One person to do so was Friedrich Nietzsche who proclaimed the arrival of western Nihilism about a century and a-half ago through his insight into the nature of science and human destiny.

#47778 - 02/01/11 11:43 AM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: paolo sette]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
General Reply:

It's interesting how this thing has just completely died out. If you google search "Mosque Ground Zero" or some other assembly of like terms you will see that the last of the major news outlets stopped reporting on this in August.

At that time, this was a matter of national security, an event of great social import, an affront to the 9/11 victims... and now? Is the thing being quietly finished without further public discourse?

There is an important lesson to be learned here. Did you see it?

#47874 - 02/02/11 08:58 AM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Fnord]
Babylonian Dream Offline
stranger

Loc: Upstate New York
This happens everytime a complete nonissue enters the news and is hyped up to be so huge. It just returns to irrelevance faster than it became a "controversy". I didn't learn anything new.

#47881 - 02/02/11 12:05 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Babylonian Dream]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."

It makes me wonder if the person that started this whole thing got exactly what they were hoping for. Were they running for office and this was a great diversion so that people would vote for them and not pay attention to said person's "background"? Or was someone just so set on not wanting that to be built there that all the media coverage made the financial backers pull out from funding the place? And everyone should know there were much more important issues that should have been addressed during the voting, but hey, let's keep the boogeyman alive and well.

#47901 - 02/02/11 05:07 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: Nyte]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
I almost used the OZ line last here night. Nyte punched the right ticket...

Whenever the mainstream media all get on the same boat and start the "hey you look here" bullshit it's time to start looking everywhere but.

~T~

I like eggs...

#48071 - 02/04/11 08:15 PM Re: That friggin' Mosque! [Re: ta2zz]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I guess they just keep their business low key.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41428618/ns/us_news-life/

M

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 1.064 seconds of which 1.039 seconds were spent on 26 queries. Zlib compression disabled.