Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#42842 - 09/06/10 09:44 PM jehovas witnesses - pissing me off.
LowLux Offline
stranger

Churches don't go out finding members, CULTS FIND YOU!

Jehovah witnesses came by today while i was cleaning my mothers house, wanting to talk to my 60 year old mother (NOT ME), Well they just called a few minutes ago, How the fuck did they get her name and her phone number, Fucking cults... She hates gods and religions.

there a big fat NRA sticker on the front door and 2 BEWARE OF DOG signs, one on the mail box and one on the front screen door

Is there any anti Jehovah witnesses signs I can put out? maybe i should put an black upside down cross in the front yard?

#42845 - 09/06/10 10:07 PM Re: jehovas witnesses - pissing me off. [Re: LowLux]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Why not just try not answering the door or simply telling them you don't care what they have to say? JW's usually stop coming around after the first time unless you show interest. Perhaps your mom is becoming religious as she gets older. I am sure she is more than capable of telling them off if she feels it is necessary. So calm down, it's not like they are badgering you.

#42851 - 09/07/10 02:28 AM Re: jehovas witnesses - pissing me off. [Re: LowLux]
MuppetSlayer Offline
Meq - Banned
stranger

Loc: UK
Jehovah's Witnesses, like canvassing businesses, maintain a "Do Not Call" list of people who do not wish to be visited. In order to be placed on their "Do Not Call" list, simply make the request to any visiting Witnesses, or by contacting your local "Kingdom Hall" and making the clear request.

"Do Not Call" addresses are still mistakenly (or otherwise) visited at times. However, mentioning that you are on said list is enough to send visiting Witnesses scurrying away with their tails between their legs.

MuppetSlayer

ón (slang) (UK)
An ignorant person who has no idea about anything.

#42855 - 09/07/10 03:56 AM Re: jehovas witnesses - pissing me off. [Re: MuppetSlayer]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
Come to think of it, I wonder if LaVey ever got bombarded with Jehovah Witnesses. You'd think his black house would've been center of attention haha. I don't think I've ever had an encounter with them at my door actually, however, when I was still a kid I'd get bombarded with Vacation Bible School people in the summer wanting me to attend. Mom made me every time too. Ugh, VBS I think is far worse than Jehovah Witnesses.
#42887 - 09/08/10 12:12 PM Re: jehovas witnesses - pissing me off. [Re: LowLux]
Zorg Offline
stranger

Loc: A Galaxy Far, Far Away
Never seen one.
I tend not to open my door without seeing who is there. I have often not answered, generally when it is someone dressed like they are going to church.
But, my wife has noted I always open the door for attractive ladies, regardless of what they want. Never noticed that...

"Plato was a bore."
Friedrich Nietzsche

#42893 - 09/08/10 05:03 PM Re: jehovas witnesses - pissing me off. [Re: LowLux]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
That's why I'm glad I live in an apartment, lol

I remember years ago I was standing outside my job when I noticed this cute girl walk by. We exchanged glances and as she walked by me she stopped, turned around and walked over to me. She started talking to me and it took me a few seconds to realize she was a Jehovas Witness and was trying to give me the typical B.S about it. She was really cute so I just let her ramble on until I told her I wasn't interested.

So let this be a lesson to all you guys: Be careful of cute girls in skirts who give you the eye. They might be Jehovas Witnesses, lol

#42897 - 09/08/10 07:03 PM Re: jehovas witnesses - pissing me off. [Re: Knievel74]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Some of those ultra religious types are really kinky. Especially the JWs and Mormons. Sure, they may act all prude and conservative but after years of repression of their desires they can often explode in powder-keg of lasciviousness and it is fun to be around when they do. ;\)

#42898 - 09/08/10 08:49 PM Re: jehovas witnesses - pissing me off. [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Hey, 6, that's been my experience too! Well, in one instance . . .
I used to be an education welfare officer in a bail hostel for naughty boys. One of the staff - who used to do sleep-overs, by the way - was a 30 something divorcee, attractive, long blonde hair, smart clothes, nice make-up, the works. Now, she was a devoted Jo's Witness and would often say what a good time she'd had at the Kingdom Hall and how the Summer fete was coming up and she had to bake and so on. She was very strict about not celebrating Christmas and asked if we would please not give her or her young daughter a card or present.
Now, that was all fine and quite "normal", for her. BUT - and remember where we're working, folks - on payday she would invariably go shopping for ultra-glamorous lingerie and bring it back to the hostel to show us. She would hold the garments up to her body and parade around. Residents would pop in and out of the staff room and of course they would be asked to admire them, too!
So we have this supposedly ultra-respectable Jehovah's Witness who would only ever marry another one and not have sex before the wedding, waving scarlet satin bras and tiny briefs around in front of young guys just out of jail. Guys she was supposed to be helping to rehabilitate. Most of the staff were male, too (I was female at the time) and we just couldn't work her out.

#43249 - 09/27/10 03:37 PM Re: jehovas witnesses - pissing me off. [Re: felixgarnet]
Mr_Lament Offline
stranger

Loc: England.
Where i live is a hive for these "jovos". They knock at the door sometimes up to three times a month.

Some of the time i just ignor them , most of the time i feel mischevious.
I've answered the door naked (not a pleasant sight).
Coverd my arm in tomato sauce , pushed it through the letter box screaming "Help me,its got my leg! Please !"
Thrown waterballoons at them.
Answerd the door wearing a santa hat (in the middle of summer).
Had my dad throw a skeliton at them (a medical one , its pretty heavy)

Yet they still think this household can be converted.

#43280 - 09/28/10 05:50 PM Re: jehovas witnesses - pissing me off. [Re: Mr_Lament]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
Coverd my arm in tomato sauce , pushed it through the letter box screaming "Help me,its got my leg! Please !"

How did that happen? They knocked on the door, you got out of your chair, bed, or bathtub. Told them to please hold on a momment, ran to the fridge, found a bottle of tomato sauce, splashed it all over your arm, walked back to the door, and stuck it through the mail box?

Sounds like a lot of effort. You could have just yelled "Not interested, don't come back."

#43299 - 09/29/10 02:18 AM Re: jehovas witnesses - pissing me off. [Re: Asmedious]
Mr_Lament Offline
stranger

Saw them coming down the street from upstairs.
I know its a lot of effort for generally just wasting there time , but i like to let people know i care.

#43321 - 09/29/10 01:43 PM Re: jehovas witnesses - pissing me off. [Re: Mr_Lament]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Next time just draw a chalk outline of a body on your front porch and scatter a few copies of "The Watchtower" around it. Add some police barrier tape for special effect. Like you're decorating your house for Halloween ;\)

#43331 - 09/29/10 07:50 PM Re: jehovas witnesses - pissing me off. [Re: Nemesis]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
I used to own a sign that I got from my dad's car detailing buisness when I was small that read "Open" on one side and "Closed" on the other. I stuck it in my bedroom window and when we were home the sign displayed "open", and when we left I'd turn it to "closed." Of course when my parents didn't want company they'd turn the sign to "Closed." It had the desired effect, I'd suggest getting one.
#43370 - 09/30/10 06:06 PM Re: jehovas witnesses - pissing me off. [Re: Lamar]
Mr_Lament Offline
stranger

These are the people of god , they don't listen to reason or logic like that.
#78329 - 07/21/13 10:56 AM Re: jehovas witnesses - pissing me off. [Re: Lamar]
delia Offline
lurker

To stop Jehovah's witnesses calling tell them you and your household are DISFELLOWSHIPPED witnesses and ask them to put your address down as a DO NOT CALL
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.036 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.