Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#43069 - 09/16/10 09:12 PM Feedback On My Video
Sirsee Offline
stranger

Loc: Montreal
I've taken the plunge and uploaded a self produced trailer for my book.

At the risk of being presumptuous I invite anybody interested to view it.

Thanks for your thoughts & opinions on it.

Edited by Sirsee (09/16/10 09:18 PM)

#43070 - 09/16/10 09:20 PM Re: Feedback On My Video [Re: Sirsee]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
The person doing the talking on the video has a very pleasant voice and clear speech, but it's just a bit too low. I had to put my sound up to max to hear it clearly. That could just be my computer though.

The video pictures are interesting.

On the negative side, maybe I'm just dense but after viewing it and listening to it twice, the point of the subject is still over my head. Don't know what it's trying to say..

#43071 - 09/16/10 09:25 PM Re: Feedback On My Video [Re: Asmedious]

Ok, watched it again. I still think that it's difficult to grasp some things.

For instance it sounds as if the speaker is speaking on behalf of some redeemer or anti-christ figure. Making statements such as "The savoir doesn't want....." is very pretentious, because the speaker is assuming that they can speak on behalf of another entity.

#43072 - 09/16/10 09:46 PM Re: Feedback On My Video [Re: Asmedious]
Sirsee Offline
stranger

Thanks for your quick response. I think I can elaborate on the misunderstanding of my being presumptuous & pretentious in speaking for the Redeemer. I'm not, this is a trailer for a book of fiction. The book Mad Gods has this presumption as a major theme.

I hope that helps.

Edited by Sirsee (09/16/10 09:47 PM)

#43073 - 09/16/10 09:59 PM Re: Feedback On My Video [Re: Sirsee]

Yes that totally makes sense. I read your introduction and see that you are writing a book on a subject that would pretty much have something of interest for many people. Kind of like "Angels and Demons." by Dan Brown.

Are you planning on writing an actual Novel that you intend to submit to publishers once it is finished?

#43075 - 09/16/10 11:10 PM Re: Feedback On My Video [Re: Asmedious]
Sirsee Offline
stranger

Yes the book is written and at the risk of sounding like I'm promoting it, it's available in ebook form through my website: http://www.mad-gods.com.

An easy way to describe it is an apocalyptic chase story featuring Satanists, Templars and the Antichrist. An alternate telling of the Bible's Revelations. Harry Potter meets the Omen.

I appreciate your time and interest.

#43076 - 09/16/10 11:27 PM Re: Feedback On My Video [Re: Sirsee]

I'm not a fan of E-books. The main reason is that I can't get as involved in a story while reading it on my computer screen as I can while holding a hard copy in my hands, laying down on my sofa.

Another reason that I don't have much respect for E-books is because just about anyone can write one and think of themselves as an "Author," and what is worse is that some actually claim that they are published, without stating that they are "Self published."

This is just a generalized statement on my part because I am aware that there are probably hundreds of writers out there who might beat out many of the hard copy published authors in popularity, if they were able to get publishers interested in them. History shows that some books that were turned down by publishers for years became very popular once someone decided to put them on the market. "Harry Potter," is probably the best example of this. I believe Stephen King still has a bunch of rejection letters from publishers that he keeps as a momento.

However, I would be interested in reading a page or two of your book if you could make it available just to get an idea of your writing style.

#43232 - 09/26/10 11:26 PM Re: Feedback On My Video [Re: Asmedious]
Sinthesis Offline
stranger

Loc: various places in New Jersey
I like the unfolding logic of amorality: because amorality exists, there is social suffering; but amorality also wishes the end of social suffering, if only for selfish purposes. A hero of both good and evil.

Of course it's not really good; it is simply the satisfaction of all the things that good attempts to satisfy through self-sacrifice, but by coincidence satisfied by selfish (evil) strivings instead. Which is realistically the only way any problem will be solved...if problems can't be solved by the intrinsic motivations of some person, they just aren't going to be solved.

I'm writing a novel like that too. Don't worry, it's significantly different enough to be nothing alike superficially.

Edited by Sinthesis (09/26/10 11:27 PM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.