Page 7 of 7 « First<34567
Topic Options
#54057 - 05/07/11 10:51 AM Re: About NWO, Illuminati, and their claim to sata [Re: Diavolo]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
@ Diavolo
"a practical path" : so is Luciferianism, it is to be lived and expressed.
"Moses" : interesting view, I am more Marco Polo, an explorer and recorder of Luciferianism.
"burning bush" : to me equivalent of Prometheus holding aloft a flaming torch.
"slaves" : there are no slaves in Luciferianism, sheep won't make it.
"milk and honey" : equivalent to achieving the full human potential.
"led" : I am no guru, mentor or leader, I just hold aloft a torch.
"vehicle serving a need" : correct it is a vehicle of apotheosis.
"role" : I walk a path that I share with others.

#54058 - 05/07/11 11:35 AM Re: About NWO, Illuminati, and their claim to sata [Re: mabon2010]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Mabon: You won't find many Luciferians, and even fewer who agree upon the same tenets, because your "branch" or "sect" isn't coherent enough to attract anyone. I understand gaining hordes of followers isn't necessarily the goal of an LHP philosophy, but no one can relate to Luciferianism because it's all over the place. Is it theism? You say no. Is it Atheism? Well, not quite. The confusion begins there, and your tortuous, convoluted interpretations/explanations only serve to further confuse and alienate those who are trying to understand it. And it's not just you personally, who I applaud for sticking it out as long as you have, despite taking knocks from all comers.

That's the crux of the issue, and one that also dogs many Satanists. Theistic vs. Atheistic. Which is one of the reasons why Mr. Aquino decided to break away from what he felt was a hypocritical atheistic interpretation of Satanism which has since been coined as "LaVeyan Satanism".

There are two Satanic paths (Setian philosophy is completely different, so it doesn't factor in), Heretical Christianity/Literal belief in Satan ie Theism, and Satan as an archetype ie Atheism. The two paths can co-exist and still remain somewhat relevant.

Luciferianism seems to try and strike a balance between the two, and that is where I think it needs to get off of the fence and make up its damned mind. Otherwise it's no better than hodge-podge Wicca, minus the fat, naked hippies.

#54059 - 05/07/11 12:25 PM Re: About NWO, Illuminati, and their claim to sata [Re: Nemesis]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

That's what I try to make him understand all this time. There is no coherency, no meat, no distinct content. Anyone having half a brain will immediately point out; “Isn't that resembling Satanism a lot?” If you just borrow a whole philosophy and slap another name on it, all you really do is show you want to be different. Not that you differ.

As such all this sort of Luciferianism will attract are those not as much involved with the LHP as being subject to their ego. “Look how special I am in my being different”. This Luciferianism is a bottom-feeder branch, a dead end for those who weren't going anywhere to begin with.

But our chap is so absorbed in his “quest” he doesn't even notice the fundamental weakness of what he evangelizes.

D.

#54064 - 05/07/11 05:03 PM Re: About NWO, Illuminati, and their claim to sata [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
That's what I try to make him understand all this time. There is no coherency, no meat, no distinct content. Anyone having half a brain will immediately point out; “Isn't that resembling Satanism a lot?” If you just borrow a whole philosophy and slap another name on it, all you really do is show you want to be different. Not that you differ.
D.

But this is nothing new in Satanism. Hell, half of the Satanists that have come on line with some spiffy new interpretation of an interpretation of an interpretation have all done the same thing. Some borrow from Crowley, some borrow from LaVey, some from de Grimston, some from Aquino, and ALL can tell you in detail why their Satanism is the true Satanism, or not Satanism at all, but some totally new concept, even though it sounds and feels the same as everything that came before.

It's simply a matter of "Satanism as anything I want it to be." Now in this case, it's "Luciferianism as anything I want it to be." And even there. there's nothing new and much rehashin of the rehash that came before. But one can't expect anything more when it's pretty much the status quo.

#54331 - 05/11/11 12:56 PM Re: About NWO, Illuminati, and their claim to sata [Re: Jake999]
Thule Offline
temp banned
pledge

I think he makes sense. This form of luciferianism is basically like Taoism. One cannot explain the Tao- it must be experienced. We use certain metaphors or axioms to help one arrive at a gnosis of the Tao. It's very Zen like.

By it's nature such a zen philosophy is devoid of any dogma. Either you understand it or you don't.

This is also more about a character. You are born with a certain character or you simply acquire a certain nature. You do not convert to luciferianism you simply ARE this way or you aren't.

I just think perhaps the name confuses some, because typically when we think of Satanism we think of a philosophy in accordance with it.

#54335 - 05/11/11 01:30 PM Re: About NWO, Illuminati, and their claim to sata [Re: Nemesis]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Quote:
There are two Satanic paths (Setian philosophy is completely different, so it doesn't factor in), Heretical Christianity/Literal belief in Satan ie Theism, and Satan as an archetype ie Atheism. The two paths can co-exist and still remain somewhat relevant.

This is a gross oversimplification, as most Satanists have vastly different definitions of what "Satan" is, both in theistic and atheistic currents.

This divide only exists on a demographic level, inasmuch that on the internet, people who prefer the label "Atheistic Satanist" tend to congregate together, and those who prefer the label "Theistic Satanist" also congregate separately.

If there is any real division, I would analyze Satanism as being either "active" or "passive"... whether one simply 'accepts' a form of Satanism because of ideological/aesthetic agreement, or one 'creates' their own form as a way of challenging their limits.

We all engage in some variation of the two, but they cross the ideological lines of words like "literal" and "symbolic" that do not accurately describe the overall nature of Satanism.

Page 7 of 7 « First<34567

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.