Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#4354 - 02/20/08 12:22 AM E-Books?
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
Folks,

I've noticed that in the Media Room you have certain E-Books available for free download - including The Satanic Bible. I'm not attacking anyone here or anything like that; however I am simply interested in why you have that running when it is illegal?

Again, not attacking the site or anyone herein - just looking out for the site.

#4366 - 02/20/08 10:30 AM Re: E-Books? [Re: DaVinci]
xear Administrator Offline
Admin

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
What law is it breaking exactly? Do you know who owns this copyright, and if so, can you tell me that they object to it being posted here?

- R

#4386 - 02/20/08 05:51 PM Re: E-Books? [Re: xear]
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
Harper Collins, Ltd. I believe currently hold the copyright, and I would only asume (if they had any respect for their books) that they would be a bit pissed about it. But then again, I don't really mind. It provides a service to those who may live in areas where books such as those are not readily available. I myself think it is a good thing.

I'm not quite sure what 'law' it is breaking, I was just curious. Didn't want the site getting into a bitch-fight with some upity-moron looking for an excuse to wage a war on an adversary forum. Again, just looking out for the site. I've come to like it here, and don't want anything to compromise it.

#4399 - 02/20/08 10:00 PM Re: E-Books? [Re: DaVinci]
xear Administrator Offline
Admin

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
No worries, if Avon has a problem with it they know how to contact me. In the meantime, enjoy!

- R

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.