Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#43592 - 10/13/10 01:46 PM Re: What the hell is wrong with people?? [Re: Nyte]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
I just don't understand it, to hurt someone that hasn't hurt you, and for such a lame reason.

Such is the nature of the human species. You may not like it but this sort of behavior has always existed and as long a the human species remains alive it will continue to exist. You can fight against it, and more power to you, I do it myself, but it really is a losing battle. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

#43595 - 10/13/10 02:46 PM Re: What the hell is wrong with people?? [Re: Knievel74]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: Knievel74
Unfortunately, that's the world we live in. For every open-minded person there will be an equally close-minded person. For every good there has to be a bad. It's balance. And it's not just in the U.S. It's man as a species.

Yeah, I get that, more than I care to. I was hoping that things were at least getting a little bit better for the LGBT community, considering how many people DID vote for SSM, but these incidents prove it's not changed much. It's made me more aware of those around me and the people I know, again. Sad really, when you think about how much communication there is in today's world and yet, people choose to remain ignorant and closed-minded.

#43596 - 10/13/10 02:50 PM Re: What the hell is wrong with people?? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
 Quote:
I just don't understand it, to hurt someone that hasn't hurt you, and for such a lame reason.

Such is the nature of the human species. You may not like it but this sort of behavior has always existed and as long a the human species remains alive it will continue to exist. You can fight against it, and more power to you, I do it myself, but it really is a losing battle. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

It gets disheartening after a while. I've watched it more times than I care to have. This time it just hit on a subject that really hits close to home for me and I think that's why I did post about it.

#43640 - 10/16/10 10:03 AM Re: What the hell is wrong with people?? [Re: Nyte]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
I understand Dr. Aquino’s argument against Nyte’s use of the word “wrong”. However, I’m hard-pressed to think of another word that Nyte could’ve used in her statement “What the hell is wrong with people?” Satanists often view stupidity as the one great “sin”, but the bullies in the story weren’t necessarily being stupid – they were just being jerks. In Nyte’s judgment, what they did was wrong. I think they were wrong too.

As for Nyte being “fairly disgusted with humans”, I would respond that mankind isn’t inherently “bad” nor is it inherently “good”. Man is what each individual chooses to be. Some try to make the world a better place. Others would be content to blow it up. Ghandi’s quote sums up well my personal philosophy: “Be the change you want to see in the world.”

#43720 - 10/20/10 12:52 PM Re: What the hell is wrong with people?? [Re: William Wright]
manofsteel Offline

Loc: Indiana U.S.
Live and let live! Plain and simple. So what if someone is different then you. As long as they aren't bothering you than I see no need in bothering them. If they are not intruding into your life then who gives a shit! People are just way too damn nosy and bored apparently. Mind your own damn business and worry about your own life. We all have enough problems as it is and I don't know why people want any more...

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.