Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#43689 - 10/18/10 06:37 AM Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth
benisasatanist Offline
banned
stranger

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
Hello. I have a very simple question. Were The 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth ever included in ANY edition of The Satanic Bible? I have a friend who insists that they were removed from newer editions. I know I remember reading them. Can anyone tell me when and in which publication they originated? I'm not sure which of LaVey's writings they were in.

-Thanks

Edited by benisasatanist (10/18/10 06:58 AM)

SOLVE COAGULA

#43693 - 10/18/10 01:04 PM Re: Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth [Re: benisasatanist]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
The 11SRE were never in the Satanic Bible or Satanic Rituals. Originally they were just distributed to members as an additional mimeograph sheet in the admissions packet.

#43695 - 10/18/10 01:38 PM Re: Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
benisasatanist Offline
banned
stranger

Thanks much Dr. Aquino.

SOLVE COAGULA

#43696 - 10/18/10 02:22 PM Re: Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Shaytan Offline
stranger

Excuse me sir Aquino but why don't you say nothing about this in your Church of Satan ?

Sorry for my english.

#43698 - 10/18/10 06:38 PM Re: Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth [Re: Shaytan]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Shaytan
Dr. Aquino, why don't you say anything about this in your Church of Satan?

The short answer is that no one in the 1966-75 Church paid any attention to them. I don't recall even Anton mentioned them after writing them.

They're rather banal, actually:

Quote:
1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

Sometimes by volunteering opinions/advice, you can save a situation, including persons entangled in it who don't know whom or what to ask.

Quote:
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

How will they know whether they're interested until you tell them?

Quote:
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

If you visit someone and he treats you rudely or offensively, you have every right not to turn the other cheek.

Quote:
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

A host has an obligation to be a gracious host. [See #3 above.] If your hospitality is abused, you should simply ask him/her to leave. There is no need to forget your own manners should this be necessary. Remember, you invited the guest.

Quote:
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

If everyone waits for everyone else to flirt first, no one will get anywhere.

Quote:
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

Don't steal, period. If someone gives you something voluntarily, it now belongs to you.

Quote:
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

Really silly. Magic (in this case LBM) requires preknowledge of the principles you're employing. Sometime the effect is inevitable & conclusive; sometimes it is a matter of circumstances & probability.

Quote:
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

The last time I needed a root canal, I duly went to the dentist. Complaining about it didn't make it go away or pay the bill, but I did anyway.

Quote:
9. Do not harm little children.

This goes without saying. But when do "little children" become "children", and do all minors count? What if a gang of kids attempts to rob or mug you? Not everyone is a cast member of "Leave it to Beaver".

Quote:
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

Agreed. Though I am not about to wait for a circling mosquito to chomp me before I newspaper him. [And I'm not going to lick him off the newspaper afterwards either.]

Quote:
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Try this on the next Highway Patrolman who pulls you over for speeding. Thou shalt have thy ass handed to thee on a plate.

#43699 - 10/18/10 07:44 PM Re: Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth [Re: Shaytan]
Oxus Offline

LOL, now THAT'S a great way to introdouche yourself, your first post and you go out on Dr. Aquino without a clue. Would you by any chance be an idiot Muslim (hence the Shaytan word?)

You really should go tell Morgan off, now that would be exciting!!

Excuse me sir Aquino but why don't you say nothing about this in your Church of Satan ?

Sorry for my english.

#43700 - 10/18/10 09:53 PM Re: Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
 Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
Dr. Aquino, why don't you say anything about this in your Church of Satan?

The short answer is that no one in the 1966-75 Church paid any attention to them. I don't recall even Anton mentioned them after writing them.

They're rather banal, actually:

Quote:
1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

Sometimes by volunteering opinions/advice, you can save a situation, including persons entangled in it who don't know whom or what to ask.

Quote:
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

How will they know whether they're interested until you tell them?

Quote:
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

If you visit someone and he treats you rudely or offensively, you have every right not to turn the other cheek.

Quote:
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

A host has an obligation to be a gracious host. [See #3 above.] If your hospitality is abused, you should simply ask him/her to leave. There is no need to forget your own manners should this be necessary. Remember, you invited the guest.

Quote:
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

If everyone waits for everyone else to flirt first, no one will get anywhere.

Quote:
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

Don't steal, period. If someone gives you something voluntarily, it now belongs to you.

Quote:
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

Really silly. Magic (in this case LBM) requires preknowledge of the principles you're employing. Sometime the effect is inevitable & conclusive; sometimes it is a matter of circumstances & probability.

Quote:
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

The last time I needed a root canal, I duly went to the dentist. Complaining about it didn't make it go away or pay the bill, but I did anyway.

Quote:
9. Do not harm little children.

This goes without saying. But when do "little children" become "children", and do all minors count? What if a gang of kids attempts to rob or mug you? Not everyone is a cast member of "Leave it to Beaver".

Quote:
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

Agreed. Though I am not about to wait for a circling mosquito to chomp me before I newspaper him. [And I'm not going to lick him off the newspaper afterwards either.]

Quote:
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Try this on the next Highway Patrolman who pulls you over for speeding. Thou shalt have thy ass handed to thee on a plate.

I always kind of thought the 11SRE were sort of like a common sense guidline more or less for non-Satanists to look at so they could not blame Satanism for say sacrifice etc. I thought they were kind of already in the mind of the Satanist, they were just there for like I said, non-Satanists.

#43731 - 10/21/10 09:38 AM Re: Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth [Re: Oxus]
Shaytan Offline
stranger

"Would you by any chance be an idiot Muslim (hence the Shaytan word?)"

No, I am a Satanist. Enven if I was a Muslim that is not your business.

Originally Posted By: Oxus
LOL

And are you a retarded teenager ?

#43784 - 10/24/10 09:42 PM Re: Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth [Re: Shaytan]
Akuji Offline
lurker

Those rules sound like a load of rubbish to me. Sounds like something a buddhist would come up with.
#43785 - 10/24/10 09:55 PM Re: Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth [Re: Akuji]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

What exactly do you take issue with and what sounds like something a Buddhist would come up with? Buddhism, much like similar schools of thought practice what is called "Ahimsa" which is the idea of non-harming, in any instance. This is basically the Eastern version of turning the other cheek. Both ideas are very much at odds with Satanic philosophy. This makes your contention flawed in several ways.

I am sure all this is lost on you though. Have fun getting chewed up and spit out.

#43798 - 10/25/10 01:17 PM Re: Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth [Re: Akuji]
benisasatanist Offline
banned
stranger

Originally Posted By: Akuji
Those rules sound like a load of rubbish to me. Sounds like something a buddhist would come up with.

Thanks for the extremely nondescriptive, ignorantly-opinionated and pointless statement.

Maybe you could share with us the details which led you to this earth-shattering conclusion.

Edited by benisasatanist (10/25/10 01:23 PM)

SOLVE COAGULA

#43799 - 10/25/10 02:40 PM Re: Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth [Re: benisasatanist]
SkaffenAmtiskaw Moderator Offline
veteran member

A general response, not intended towards any specific person but everyone in general in this thread:

Show some etiquette, style and grace. Quit this one-liner nonsense and cheap ad hominem attacks right now. You are acting like children. I expect more from self-styled Satanists. Either contribute constructively or leave your keyboards alone.

This message will not repeat.

#43821 - 10/26/10 04:39 AM Re: Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
TheInsane Offline

Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
What exactly do you take issue with and what sounds like something a Buddhist would come up with? Buddhism, much like similar schools of thought practice what is called "Ahimsa" which is the idea of non-harming, in any instance. This is basically the Eastern version of turning the other cheek. Both ideas are very much at odds with Satanic philosophy. This makes your contention flawed in several ways.

I am sure all this is lost on you though. Have fun getting chewed up and spit out.

To be fair there is a huge fundamental difference in philosophy behind the Christian concept of turning the other cheek and the Asian concept of ahimsa. To just bundle the two together as if they were the same is a much to narrow interpretation of both concepts I think.

#43823 - 10/26/10 08:09 AM Re: Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth [Re: TheInsane]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

True, but that doesn't alter the fact that at the base level the two concepts are very much similar. Nor does it alter the fact that they are both diametrically opposed to Satanic philosophy.

#43830 - 10/26/10 10:35 AM Re: Origin of the 11 Satanic Rules of The Earth [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
TheInsane Offline

Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
True, but that doesn't alter the fact that at the base level the two concepts are very much similar. Nor does it alter the fact that they are both diametrically opposed to Satanic philosophy.

Perhaps true in the material manifestation of the idea. However Ahimsa is very much active while “turning the other cheek” is reactive. And the two concepts are really not alike at all on the ideological level as to why the action (or reaction) is or is not performed. As well as the differences in the reasoning around the question of “why?” in regards to both concepts.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.