Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#43838 - 10/26/10 10:05 PM Halloween..
Satan's Mistress Offline
stranger

Loc: United States
I'm fairly new to the Satanic rituals and holidays,and because Halloween is comming up,I was wondering if Satanists celebrate Halloween.If so,what rituals do they do and where can I find more about it??

I tried to search online,but all I can find are those Christian websites that say all of our rituals consists of rape,suicide,and murder.

#43839 - 10/26/10 10:06 PM Re: Halloween.. [Re: Satan's Mistress]
Satan's Mistress Offline
stranger

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.I wasn't sure where else to put it.
#43841 - 10/26/10 10:26 PM Re: Halloween.. [Re: Satan's Mistress]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
If I was to concoct a ritual specifically for Halloween it would be purely for celebrating a good time, and what better time than Halloween? Rituals in general are not required to be performed. For me they contribute to celebrating something of significance in my life or to aid in self-reflection and inner transformation, or a desire I am in need of getting released. I mainly write my own rituals, for one because I practice alone. I would suggest writing your own as well. Recently, I wrote a ceremony paying homage to the Slavic Goddess Marzanna for the winter Solstice.

As for a reference for rituals, I would pick up a copy of Anton LaVey's The Satanic Rituals. Just about all rituals in The Satanic Rituals require participants, but this won't be a hinderance for the creative individual.

Goodluck and have fun. Happy Halloween.

Edited by Lamar (10/26/10 10:29 PM)

#43844 - 10/26/10 10:41 PM Re: Halloween.. [Re: Lamar]
Satan's Mistress Offline
stranger

Thanks.
I know it's not required,but I just think it would be pretty interesting to preform a ritual.
Happy Halloween!!

#43851 - 10/27/10 10:11 AM Re: Halloween.. [Re: Satan's Mistress]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
I don't know if it's ritual or not but it gets me into the right headspace.

Every year for Halloween I go out into the woods and collect the gnarliest branches and grapevines I can find. I take all of that, a gourd of some sort or a skull I might have laying around and weave it all into the spookiest looking scarecrow I can muster. I do this outside with torches going and a good spooky movie playing on the TV in the garage. Of course, adult frosty beverages are required, sometimes in mass quantities. Often hours pass and I'm usually surprised by what materializes by the end (when I snap back into real time).

This year my scarecrow is rather 'bony' looking and about 8' tall with some rusty chains I found and crow feathers woven all through it.

Try mine or make your own ritual. Either way, Happy Halloween!

#43862 - 10/27/10 05:05 PM Re: Halloween.. [Re: Fnord]
Satan's Mistress Offline
stranger

I was planning on dressing up and going into the graveyard near my house..probably use my oija board on a grave and maybe dance on one.Haha.Not sure though.

Anyway,Happy Hallows Eve and Halloween!!

#43864 - 10/27/10 07:24 PM Re: Halloween.. [Re: Satan's Mistress]
Jake999 Offline

Not so much a Halloween ritual as a recurring memory from my youth that comes back to me as vivid as if it were only yesterday, year after year. I don't know if I've ever posted this before, and if I have, I apologize. But this is probably one of my favorite stories from my life as a kid in the midwest. Hope you enjoy it.

MIDNIGHT ON BROCKEN
By : J. Taylor Block

Another year's passed and here it is, getting close to Halloween. As usual, I wax nostalgic as the day draws near, and once again I think of the "good old days." Maybe they weren't all that good, and I'm viewing the past through the hazy vision of adolescence, but the memories of that time flood the senses with a lost innocence born of reckless abandon that only youth can condone.

For a lad from the Midwest, there were things that one could expect on Halloween. The first snow flurries would surely come... just wisps on the wind... uncertain and fragile flakes that wouldn't stick, but made you aware that Winter would soon be here. Chatter and more chatter about costumes. We could rarely afford store-bought costumes, so we made our own. The most grandiose plans made it to paper, but many a robot became a ghost or a hobo or a simple mask that you could get for ten cents at SS Kresgee (K-Mart for the under 45 set) or Woolworth's. The bags of goodies would pile up like gold in Scrooge McDuck's vault, and you'd eat Jujubes and candy corn until you thought you'd burst. But after the traditional Midwestern Halloween fare, you knew that by midnight, you'd make your way to Brocken.

Darkness came to our area of the Midwest by 7 PM. By 6:30, all of the kids in the neighborhood were champing at the bit to be unleashed upon an unsuspecting neighborhood. Werewolves and ballerinas jostled for positions at the door, held in check by the now exasperated mother's voice that warned, "You can't go out until SEVEN, so sit down and watch TV." When you're a kid, the 6 o'clock news had little relevance in your life, especially on Halloween! Then, as if uncaged by an unseen hand, we spilled into the street looking for plunder... and mischief.

The first priority was plunder. By the time you got to be ten, you knew who gave out the good stuff, who you'd have to "perform" for and who would stiff you. The grownups never seemed to tire of kid-jokes told by costumed invaders. In your mind you performed complex calculations on how you could rattle off your spiel and hit as many places as you could before you had to make your way to Brocken by midnight. Somewhere around the thirtieth time you told the joke about why 6 was afraid of 7 (because 7 8 9), your biological clock told you that it was 9:15... time for the prerequisite Halloween prank.

Belleville, Illinois was a small town then, but you could really get into mischief. The problem was that everyone knew your dad, so you had to be careful not to get caught or if caught, swallow your cyanide capsule before you were killed. Dads could always KILL YOU, and they let you know it at the least provocation.

Now, the widow Martin had chased a bunch of us from her apple orchard, and we knew that this affront to our sovereignty as kids had to be met with the ultimate in Halloween retribution. Yes, we were going to kill her outhouse. We laid out our plans like Generals in battle. Kenny Franks would ring the bell and do the trick or treat schtick. Meanwhile, Nicholas and Mike Hasenstab were to charge the outhouse, knocking it over, if possible. I would be waiting with my brother, Butch. We'd set the thing on fire and run like hell!

It was pitch dark as we lay in wait next to the widow Martin's house. We heard the doorbell ring... it was one of the old key-types that sort of rattled and rang at the same time. When we heard Kenny say, "Trick or treat, smell my feet, gimme something good to eat," we sprinted for the out-door privy far to the back of the yard. We could just make out its shape in the darkness as we ran, full-tilt into the chill wind of October. We were in our glory! We ran for all we were worth, our lungs gasping for air...

The first indication that something was wrong was when Nick and Mike disappeared. They were running between Butch and I and they just vanished. Then we heard their anguished voices whining, "Aw, yuck! Hey, you guyyyys, help us out of here, will you? Oh, no! It stinks! Come on now, help us out!"

The widow was having her septic pit limed out.

By now our eyes were fully adjusted to the darkness of the widow's back yard, We could see the outhouse about ten feet away, off its foundation. We could see Nick and Mike at the bottom of the shallow pit, quite literally in a world of shit. We reluctantly reached down and pulled them free. I'll never forget the sound... sort of like "ssschlook!" Two less pilgrims on their way to Brocken.

Belleville had two theaters within walking distance. The Lincoln was always our favorite, as it had a balcony. When you were a kid, you didn't think in terms of "making out" in the balcony. You knew that this was the perfect level from which to launch soggy buttered popcorn and flattened-out popcorn boxes. But on Halloween, this was where the kids all huddled for safety. This was Brocken, the mountain of witchly revelry. Every Halloween, the Lincoln had a smorgasbord of horror features from midnight until dawn.

This was where one first learned to appreciate or fear the world of the occult, the paranormal, bizarre and eerie. Those who made the grade would return again and again until the inferior quality of latter day horror films would allow the ritual to die. But while it lasted, it was an Oberamergau for the true connoisseur of horror films. Dracula... Lugosi, not Langella... The Wolfman, The Mummy and The Thing brought squeals from those who had seen them before. By the time the fifth feature flashed on that big screen, most were sleeping in those balcony seats, with visions of monsters filling their heads.

Next day, you slept until noon... seems like Halloween was always on a Friday then, and there was no school to worry about. Nick and Mike carped about how they had been ripped off. Their dad had killed them and their bags of Halloween candy had been rendered inedible by the noxious substances in the widow's septic pit. But most of all, they'd missed their midnight on Brocken, with its stale popcorn and diluted Coke. It was a rite of passage that they'd have to wait another year for.

Today, 48 years later, I can still look back on those days and smile, but I grieve as well. The youth of today will never know the same thrill and fear of those classics in the darkened theater with its velvet curtains and musty smells. Perhaps a new Broken exists somewhere...

#43868 - 10/27/10 11:06 PM Re: Halloween.. [Re: Jake999]
Lamar Offline

I always love to read about your memories Jake. You should write a book or something detailing all of your memories. I would surely buy it. My childhood times spent on Halloween weren't as mischievous due to my parents strictness, and I wouldn't dare suffer the wrath of my mom and risk being grounded for about 4 months.

Although, being forced to participate in our local Church, the congregation would hold a special every Halloween that they would term Hallelujah Night. In essence it was a typical haunted house event with Christian overtones inside the Church itself, and outside were games of all kinds and free food. People would come inside the Chapel, which was darkened like a theatre, and would watch the "drama" unfold, which was a play of sorts that the drama team acted out depicting most times the main character (a sinner) going through the rat race of life, dying, a Hell scene, and the same thing over again with a Christian and a Heaven scene. I especially liked the Hell scene when I grew older, it scared me shitless when I was smaller. It had people dressed like demons, scarry soundtracks, and the voice of Satan. My dad was the soundman so I got to hang out with him in the sound booth and watch him and the other "sound dummy" make the soundtracks before the drama.

After the drama was over an altar call was held, and then people would spew out into the parking lot and play games and listen to live Christian music via the stage in the center of the parking lot. We'd get lots of candy and come home with a belly ache most times.

Sorry for the recollection, you made me remember it.

#43876 - 10/28/10 06:21 AM Re: Halloween.. [Re: Satan's Mistress]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Anton LaVey spent Halloween 1974 at my home in Santa Barbara. We did absolutely nothing "Satanic" - just enjoyed a nice dinner, took my Irish setter Brandy for a walk around the neighborhood, had a good night's sleep. When Mary Every of the Santa Barbara News-Press wondered about this during an interview, Anton said, "Halloween for me has become like New Year's Eve for a bartender."

#43877 - 10/28/10 07:16 AM Re: Halloween.. [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

Yeah. He was pretty much the same way the whole time I knew him. Halloween was pretty much a down day. I think he was just tired of being EXPECTED to be on display and on call. One of the staff might bring a cake in, or one year we went out for Chinese at Yet Wah over on Clement, but he seldom did any business with anyone and was more content just to relax, hear a few jokes and play music until dawn on his keyboards.

I don't recall the gate buzzer going off on Halloween for kids trick or treating, although Tari or Cookie or one of the other women around would have taken care of them.

Occasionally there would be tourists who would drive by early into the morning taking pictures of the Black House, or walking by to peer through the fence. He would just ignore them .

#43878 - 10/28/10 07:40 AM DARK RYDE RADIO for HALLOWEEN [Re: Jake999]
Jake999 Offline

Just as a public service announcement for the folks here at the 600 Club:

DARK RYDE RADIO will begin its Halloween broadcasting week on Friday, October 29th! Tune in for special Halloween shows by some of your favorite DJs. While all of the shows are not yet uploaded, I can tell you we have:

Jake's Time Machine - 2 hours of of Halloween Themed novelty and dance music
Reverend Bubba's Blues Review - A special Halloween edition
Reverend Bubba's Rock Show - A special Halloween edition
Yehuda's Zionist Conspiracy - presents King Diamond's ABIGAIL
Hannibal's Hamburger - 2 hours of Halloween Themed music

Other DJs may have more to offer by this evenng before the shows are uploaded, so if you want to, tune us in and enjoy!

Dark Ryde Radio Home Page -- http://darkryde.com
Dark Ryde Radio Music Player -- http://www.darkryde.com/mp3s/wimpy.php

#43882 - 10/28/10 01:50 PM Re: DARK RYDE RADIO for HALLOWEEN [Re: Jake999]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Jake999
Just as a public service announcement for the folks here at the 600 Club:

DARK RYDE RADIO will begin its Halloween broadcasting week on Friday, October 29th! Tune in for special Halloween shows by some of your favorite DJs. While all of the shows are not yet uploaded, I can tell you we have:

Jake's Time Machine - 2 hours of of Halloween Themed novelty and dance music
Reverend Bubba's Blues Review - A special Halloween edition
Reverend Bubba's Rock Show - A special Halloween edition
Yehuda's Zionist Conspiracy - presents King Diamond's ABIGAIL
Hannibal's Hamburger - 2 hours of Halloween Themed music

Other DJs may have more to offer by this evenng before the shows are uploaded, so if you want to, tune us in and enjoy!

Dark Ryde Radio Home Page -- http://darkryde.com
Dark Ryde Radio Music Player -- http://www.darkryde.com/mp3s/wimpy.php

#43883 - 10/28/10 04:40 PM Re: DARK RYDE RADIO for HALLOWEEN [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Lamar Offline

Very nice Jake. I'm giving it a listen.
#43887 - 10/28/10 10:39 PM Re: DARK RYDE RADIO for HALLOWEEN [Re: Lamar]
Jake999 Offline

I gotta tell you...

The DJs at Dark Ryde are going to ROCK this bitch. Have fun, and CRANK IT UP!

Jake

#43888 - 10/29/10 01:03 AM Re: DARK RYDE RADIO for HALLOWEEN [Re: Jake999]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Jake999
I gotta tell you...

The DJs at Dark Ryde are going to ROCK this bitch. Have fun, and CRANK IT UP!

Jake

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.