Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#44063 - 11/10/10 11:20 AM Climate change is not an issue...God promised...
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Rep. John Shimkus (R-Ill.), who will seek the Energy and Commerce Committee chairmanship maintains that we do not have to worry about climate change because God promised in the Bible not to destroy the world again after Noah’s flood.

Well that's a relief. I was starting to get a little worried. Luckily we can always count on scripture to give us the facts.

#44073 - 11/10/10 11:47 PM Re: Climate change is not an issue...God promised... [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
This isn't very shocking, at least to me. We'll just totally throw off our responsibility and put it on God because it says so is Chapter such and such. No wonder America's government is fucked.
#44074 - 11/11/10 08:24 AM Re: Climate change is not an issue...God promised... [Re: Lamar]
Daafje666 Offline
pledge

Loc: The Netherlands
Didn't know whether to laugh or to cry when I saw this,
Another reason why religion shouldn't be involved with politics. Ignorance at it's best!

#44081 - 11/11/10 08:49 PM Re: Climate change is not an issue...God promised... [Re: Daafje666]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Well, all roads eventually lead to Rome. He arrived at the correct conclusion even if he has no idea how he got there.

Interestingly enough, the Cult of the Goreical also has a deeply held religious belief that man can control the weather.

#44084 - 11/12/10 10:06 AM Re: Climate change is not an issue...God promised... [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Autodidact Offline

Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
Rep. John Shimkus (R-Ill.), who will seek the Energy and Commerce Committee chairmanship maintains that we do not have to worry about climate change because God promised in the Bible not to destroy the world again after Noah’s flood.

Climate change has happened throughout the Earth's history, and will always continue. It won't destroy the world ... it might decrease the human population quite a bit, but that's hardly the same thing. Xtians should be happy about that, what a great opportunity to get a whole lotta people into Heaven!

Originally Posted By: Fist
Interestingly enough, the Cult of the Goreical also has a deeply held religious belief that man can control the weather.

Maybe I should convert, my spinach and tomato were crap this year ...

I looked up my area in one of those future-rainfall models, and we'll actually slightly increase, so at the moment I don't see a lot of down side to this whole thing ...

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.