Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#44103 - 11/15/10 11:06 PM Warner Brothers Cartoons!
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

I have recently bought the first four series of the Warner Brothers Looney Tunes golden cartoon collection from the good people at Amazon.

Some may regard this purchase as a stupid one, but I canít help it Ė I love those fuckers and I couldnít resist when I came across them on Amazon.

I was originally searching Amazon for books related to Adolph Hitler, but somehow found the old W.B cartoons instead. Hitler is interesting, but Iím sorry those cartoons overwhelmed me and demanded to be bought, so the Fuhrer and his particular gig will have to wait.

I grew up on Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and Porky etc. and loved them as a kid.

Unfortunately I donít think those cartoons get played on Australian TV anymore, or at least not at a time that Iím aware of or at home for.

These cartoons are the classic ones from the late 1930ís through to the early 1960ís with Mel Blanc and all of those legends.

If you like cartoons (particularly the classic W.B ones) then raise your voice and be heard!

#44104 - 11/16/10 01:47 AM Re: Warner Brothers Cartoons! [Re: ]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Matthew J,

I love the original Looney Tunes... Bugs Bunny was the shit! Daffy Duck was better, I think... but never really showcased enough...

I think Porky, as originally characterized, WAS the prototype for Elmer Fudd...

Look at the old Daffy Duck and Porky Pig tunes/toons.

Daffy coming home drunk with his invisible friend "Jaime"... Daffy at home watching over the egg... which he loses in his own magic trick... substitutes it for a door knob... wife comes home, and he jumps up... and in the shadow, gets the door knob up his ass... and he smiles to the "camera"...

Bugs bunny and blacksberrys pie... good times, good times!

Good call! Hitler will always be around...

#44113 - 11/16/10 02:10 PM Re: Warner Brothers Cartoons! [Re: daevid777]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
I drag my sorry ass to the gym three times/week, and somehow this always comes to mind.

In the Warnerverse I am, as doubtless we all are, a lifelong clone of Wile E. Coyote.

#44114 - 11/16/10 02:13 PM Re: Warner Brothers Cartoons! [Re: ]
Autodidact Offline

I have this same set of discs, I think - they are especially notable in that they don't clip out the bits where, eg, Daffy gets shot in the face by Elmer.

I love them, too, and now so do my kids

#44117 - 11/16/10 04:21 PM Re: Warner Brothers Cartoons! [Re: Autodidact]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
Mane I haven't seen the Looney Toons in forever. I grew up with Looney Toons also. I'll tell you another one I miss and that is the Animaniacs.
#44131 - 11/16/10 09:12 PM Re: Warner Brothers Cartoons! [Re: Lamar]
XBlackXScorpionX Offline
stranger

Loc: Arizona
Growing up WB cartoons were a staple of my TV watching. On the weekends I'd get to go to Grandama n' Grandpas house... They had the Disney channel (which was a premium channel at the time) and I got to watch a lot of the old Disney animation as well.

I almost feel bad for kids today. Most of them have no clue what they are missing.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.