Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#44111 - 11/16/10 01:45 PM Suggested Readings by Boyd Rice - Where to Start?
SubtleSatanist Offline
stranger

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hello everyone,

it seems that all is well at t600c. I used to read these forums a lot during the summer, but I'm now attending university and I find it hard to make the time, for whenever I allow personal interests to distract me to the extent that they hinder my academic progress would sure by an act of stupidity - the "cardinal sin" of LaVeyan Satanism. Two people I would like to learn more about are Boyd Rice and Douglas Wilson (Christian theologian, not that this is relevant, but just in case you were curious.) It has become evident that I am for the most part, ignorant of contemporary Satanism, and views held by reputable Satanists outside of the Church of Satan. I would like to change that. My questions is this: if I were to read one book by Boyd Rice over the Christmas break, what should it be, and why? I eagerly await your responses. If there is another thread that has already answered this question, or one similar to it, I would ask that you please post a link to it. I truly appreciate your time. Thank you,

Sincerely,
TSS

#44116 - 11/16/10 04:14 PM Re: Suggested Readings by Boyd Rice - Where to Start? [Re: SubtleSatanist]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
 Originally Posted By: SubtleSatanist

if I were to read one book by Boyd Rice over the Christmas break, what should it be, and why?

Sincerely,
TSS

Why don't you leave the wherefores and whys in regards to reading Boyd Rice's books to yourself? Why not start with his first book and then read next in order? I didn't know he wrote any books myself. I thought he was just a music artist.

#44132 - 11/16/10 10:11 PM Re: Suggested Readings by Boyd Rice - Where to Start? [Re: Lamar]
SubtleSatanist Offline
stranger

Loc: Ontario, Canada
 Originally Posted By: Lamar

Why don't you leave the wherefores and whys in regards to reading Boyd Rice's books to yourself? Why not start with his first book and then read next in order?

An author's first book does not necessarily incorporate the entire spectrum of their views and opinions, nor does it serve as an efficient introduction to their writings. For example, had Nietzsche lived longer, he would've written his book, "The Will to Power" to serve this very purpose. (Unfortunately, he became mentally ill beyond recovery and died before he could finish it. His sister then gathered the notes he had left behind and assembled them to be published as "The Will to Power" in 1900, after his death.) Due to the limited time I can allot to Satanic literature, I am politely asking anyone on this site who happens to be familiar his work to suggest a good starting point.

Originally Posted By: Lamar

I didn't know he wrote any books myself. I thought he was just a music artist.

I suggest you check out http://www.boydrice.com, as well as the wealth of interviews / short clips about him on youtube.

Sincerely,
TSS

Edited by SubtleSatanist (11/16/10 10:14 PM)
Edit Reason: grammatical error

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.