Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#44118 - 11/16/10 04:47 PM Conspiracy Theory About 9/11
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
A while back there was a thread concerning conspiracy theories and 9/11 came up. You might remember Big Whitey talking about it and how he thought that 9/11 was an inside job. He gave me a link and I wanted to share it. There seems (to me) that there is some hard evidence supporting the theory that it was an inside job. Like when the towers tumbled down there were white flashes just as in a controlled demolition. There's more and bigger evidence in the video. The video is pretty lenghty - about an hour and a half. But I encourage you to watch it and post your thoughts.

I'm just posting the link because everytime I try to embed it, it won't embed into the post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yx9NRX37SM&feature=related

#44126 - 11/16/10 06:57 PM Re: Conspiracy Theory About 9/11 [Re: Lamar]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
Debating with 911 'Truthers' is something of a pastime of mine. Popular Mechanics did a very good series of articles debunking the Truthers:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/news/1227842

It has been my observation that all Truthers lack the credentials in Structural Engineering and explosive demolition to be taken seriously.

For either exothermic or explosive cutting charges to work, they would require extensive preparation. Walls would have to be removed to lay bare the concrete supports. These supports would have to drilled and tamped. This would have to be done on several floors. Professionals take weeks to do this. Then, everything has to be detonated in the proper sequence. A plane flying into the building would damage the firing system. The charges would not fire in the correct sequence. You then still have the problem of keeping a large demolition project of this nature a secret and find workers with the proper background to do the work and keep it secret. Occam's Razor - the simple answer is more often the correct one.

I have seen a burning tanker truck completely melt a 4 lane interstate overpass. I have studied the aftermath of large industrial fires. I can assure you, those planes were caring plenty of fuel to do the job. My tanker truck only carried 9000 gallons. A 747 caries over 60k. Not to mention, in 911 we had the added effect of setting all of the flammable material within the buildings on fire. Google around for pics of large industrial fires. You will find very similar damage. Yes, fire can melt steel!

If the 911 Truthers really need a cause, I would suggest they look into why the 19 hijackers were all from Saudi Arabia. And, why does our current president seem so worried about the sensibilities of Muslims?

#44128 - 11/16/10 08:09 PM Re: Conspiracy Theory About 9/11 [Re: Fist]
Lamar Offline

Loc: Alabama
I appreciate your input. I've tried to look into both sides of the argument. When it comes to stuff like demolition, explosions etc. I don't know crap about the small stuff that goes on to make a building collapse etc. So not knowing about that stuff, that video looked pretty convincing.
#44153 - 11/17/10 01:18 PM Re: Conspiracy Theory About 9/11 [Re: Lamar]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
It seems to me that most conspiracy theorists have very little knowledge in regards to what they're talking about. And they have absolutely no hard evidence to prove it. Take the people who claim that man has never been to the moon. None of these people are in science, much less astrophysics. And none of them worked at NASA during the moon missions. Most of them are radio dj's who are just trying to get people to listen to their show.

#44157 - 11/17/10 02:45 PM Re: Conspiracy Theory About 9/11 [Re: Lamar]
Dedalus Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
Having watched loose change and the popular mechanics retort, I can't claim to feel any better informed on the issue discussed. Some interesting theories, with a modicum of supporting evidence, and then some to the contrary. With regards to the man on the moon conspiracy, I recently encountered this society of deep thinkers: Flat Earth Society
An amusing if not entirely enlightnening read.

#44158 - 11/17/10 03:55 PM Re: Conspiracy Theory About 9/11 [Re: Knievel74]
Autodidact Offline

Originally Posted By: Knievel74
Most of them are radio dj's who are just trying to get people to listen to their show.

The ends justify the means, eh?

Hm, that sounds familiar ... can't seem to find it my list of Thou Shalts and Thou Shalt Nots though ... we're a good Christian nation, it's gotta be there somewhere ...

;\)

#44164 - 11/17/10 06:25 PM Re: Conspiracy Theory About 9/11 [Re: Lamar]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
At this point in time it makes absolutely no difference.

1898: A study by experts fails to determine why the battleship Maine exploded, so the United States declares war on Spain anyway.

1914: Archduke Ferdinand is shot, and somehow everybody decides that's a good enough reason to start World War I.

... And so on ...

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.