Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#44390 - 11/22/10 11:57 AM USB - Satan's Data Connection
Dutch Satanist Offline
pledge

Loc: Delft, The Netherlands
The fundies are at it again. Blurb:

Evangelical Christians in Brazil have banned the use of USB connections after claiming the technology is the mark of Satan worshippers

Link to story: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/the-lay-scientist/2010/nov/15/3

I think this is hysterical.

#44391 - 11/22/10 12:08 PM Re: USB - Satan's Data Connection [Re: Dutch Satanist]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Maybe they could work out a way to plug Maxwell's Demon into the USB port to finally capitalize on Tesla's theories of wireless energy. \:\)

It's good though that the christians are still shivering in their boots at any perceived sign of the man downstairs. The world would be significantly less fun if this were not the case.

#44394 - 11/22/10 01:03 PM Re: USB - Satan's Data Connection [Re: Fnord]
Jake999 Offline

Damn!!! They have found my nefarious plan to infiltrate their Christian computers and become bored to death!!! Now they know of Maxwell's Demon!!!! Well, at least they haven't found out that Ritz Crackers are made of dead baby skins and.... oops.

#44398 - 11/22/10 01:34 PM Re: USB - Satan's Data Connection [Re: Jake999]
Dutch Satanist Offline
pledge

They should get off of the internet. Seriously. The Internet Explorer browser engine is called "Trident" and is shipped by default with Windows. They can't use Linux, because that's full of "daemons", same goes for Mac OS X or anything else Unix-like. What's left? Other than ancient software that's full of security holes?

;\)

#44432 - 11/24/10 08:30 AM Re: USB - Satan's Data Connection [Re: Dutch Satanist]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
I'm almost at a loss for words....Almost. Blue tooth is acceptable, but USB isn't?

That's it! I'm hooking up everything I can to my USB ports right now so I can have a direct line to everything evil! Then I can start my master plan of developing something that will be encrypted and will deliver my Devil's message without them knowing, at all. No symobls, no "signs", nothing. They'll never see it coming. And the BEST part, The Devil is a SHE! They'll never expect that! Bwahhhhhahhhha

**Best possible Speedy Gonzales voice, "They soooo stoopid!"**

#44433 - 11/24/10 09:23 AM Re: USB - Satan's Data Connection [Re: Nyte]
Dutch Satanist Offline
pledge

Just wait until Wireless USB is out. Wireless evil, like Satan intended! The evil USB will permeate the aether!

@Nyte: Make sure to run that on some BSD Unix variant (BSD is better because they have a little satyr as a mascot). Unix has daemons, ABORT-signals and you can kill processes, and you can make files accessible by anyone with 'chmod 666 <filename>'. It's also full of dubious commands like 'finger', 'touch', 'strip', 'unzip' and 'mount'. The following are all valid UNIX comands (note the ordering, and don't paste this in a unix terminal, you will be underwhelmed):

gawk; grep; unzip; touch; strip; init,
uncompress, gasp; finger; find,
route, whereis, which, mount; fsck; nice,
more; yes; gasp; umount; head, halt,
renice, restore, touch, whereis, which,
route, mount,
more, yes, gasp, umount, expand, ping,
make clean; sleep

*scratches head*

Well, you see what I mean, of course. \:\)

Edited by Dutch Satanist (11/24/10 09:25 AM)

#44586 - 12/03/10 03:29 PM Re: USB - Satan's Data Connection [Re: Dutch Satanist]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
Thanks for posting this \:\)

This is one of the most ridiculous articles I've ever read. What is it with fundies? It reminds me of an artice I posted here a while ago about a Baptist Minister who wants to ban the practice of Yoga because it doesn't adhere to Christian values: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101007/ap_on_re/us_rel_southern_baptists_yoga

#44756 - 12/08/10 07:23 PM Re: USB - Satan's Data Connection [Re: Knievel74]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
LOL! Evangelical Christians never cease to make me laugh.

As for the Bluetooth thing, do they not know that you can get Bluetooth dongles that connect to PC's that lack Bluetooth via...... wait for it...... USB?

Stupidity of this magnitude is always hilarious. XD

#44766 - 12/09/10 12:57 AM Re: USB - Satan's Data Connection [Re: Dutch Satanist]
manofsteel Offline

Loc: Indiana U.S.
Maybe they should just drag messagea around with donkeys and horses and not even worry about it. Some people and I guess contries are such dumbasses that I don't even know that to say to that. I may not be on here all the time but connecting to people and discussion is important and I think whatever is helpful to that is very important. But hey, what do I know

#46249 - 01/08/11 07:00 PM Re: USB - Satan's Data Connection [Re: manofsteel]
anseoasresere Offline
stranger

Loc: Massachusetts USA
library computer + hermetics.org + 8Gb USB port = a weird state of mind for 3 months
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.