Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#44420 - 11/23/10 04:56 AM Necromancy
Tasman Offline
stranger

Loc: Poland, Gubin
Necromancy. "'We never did get a chance to tell you,' wrote Diane LaVey to me in August, "what happened during that very special ritual Anton performed in Hollywood. What happened, on the night of August 4-5, was a work of necromancy." (Michael A. Aquino Church of Satan). What is opinion Church of Satan with necromancy? Dr. LaVey really calling the anima of Marilyn Monroe? Some are Satanist's book about Necromancy?
#44436 - 11/24/10 03:02 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: Tasman]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA

A YELLOW ROSE FOR A WHITE CAT
- by Michael A. Aquino VI°, GM.Tr.
Runes #III-6, October 1985
Order of the Trapezoid
Temple of Set

Originally Posted By: Anton Szandor LaVey, Cloven Hoof July-August 1973
IN MEMORIAM
MARILYN MONROE
who succumbed on the 5th of August, 1962 CE at 1:22 AM on the Day of the Locust. Her sacrifice has served to speed the Malpocalypse and vanquish her betrayers. As an Angel of Earth, she is risen.
Chi raffrena il mio furore ....?

Originally Posted By: M.A.A., Runes #I-2, September 1983
On the evening of August 5, XVIII - precisely ten years after Anton and Diane's working - Lilith and I duplicated the working on location at 12305 Fifth Helena Drive - with certain deliberate modifications. After a calculated elapse of time we will complete the second part of the working, with results to be announced within whatever channels of the Temple and Order as seem appropriate.

Even in the Church of Satan and Temple of Set, it has always been difficult to discuss the more scalp-tingling kinds of magical workings. Of all the episodes recounted in my Church of Satan history, none has been more controversial than the description of Anton and Diane LaVey's invocation of Marilyn Monroe on the eve of August 5, VIII -and Anton's subsequent evocation of the anima of Marilyn in my presence in the Central Grotto's Council Chamber.

Philosophy is one thing; applied LBM workings another; subjective GBM workings yet another. But stark violations of what is considered to be established “natural law” strain listener credibility. Hence wise magicians tend not to talk about such things; they simply do them, appreciate them, and learn from them.

Nevertheless the four Marilyn Monroe workings have served to catalyze such remarkable developments that it seems appropriate to discuss them. Skeptics are now allowed a moment to register their misgivings: [_________]

Good - Now that that’s taken care of and everyone’s at ease, let’s talk a little necromancy.

The purpose of the first MM Working (Brentwood: A.&D. LaVey), as Anton later explained it to me, was to see if any of her residual life-force remained in the locus of her death. The “reversal” of the death-trip, coupled with a gradually-strengthened heartbeat, was designed to activate and attract any such lingering anima, hopefully resulting in a physical manifestation that could be identified. Result: The white cat that greeted the LaVeys at Marilyn’s house. [MM had once remarked that, were she ever to return to life, she would prefer to be reincarnated as a white cat.]

The purpose of the second MM Working (San Francisco: A. LaVey & M.A.A.) was to attract the anima through a combination of will-power and a controlled, highly negative-ionized environment. Anton strongly suspected foul play in connection with her “suicide”; he was looking for an indication to verify or refute this. The manifestation of the bloody, contorted corpse on the bed in the Council Chamber sufficed to indicate that his suspicions were not unfounded, [Here I may digress to comment that anima manifestations result from the releasing or activating of relatively unintelligent, gross materia. This is easier to work with than something as complex as disembodied intellect, obviously, but its response will be sub-intellectual: a kind of blind, unthinking “answering” of what might be approximated as a summons for old molecular patterns to reassert themselves. In some old magical grimoires anima-manifestations are referred to as “elementals”.]

The purpose of the third MM Working (Brentwood: M.&L. Aquino) was to reawaken the anima precisely ten years after its first activation, with the ultimate intent of setting in motion a chain of events that would avenge the injustices revealed by the second Working. As alluded to in the earlier Runes article, this working contained elements from the first one: the reversed death-trip and the strengthened heartbeat. Several elements were added, however:

(1) Biosone Alpha/Theta brain-wave monitoring, set to register only Theta.

(2) Negative ion generation within the closed automobile.

(3) Opening of the Gate: Utterance of the Nineteenth Part of the Word of Set, directed towards the Fifteenth Æthyr OXO, of which it is said:

Originally Posted By: Aleister Crowley, The Vision and The Voice
There appears immediately in the Æthyr a tremendous column of scarlet fire, whirling forth, rebounding, crying aloud. And about it are four columns of green and blue and gold and silver, each inscribed with writings in the character of the dagger. And the column of fire is dancing among the pillars. Now it seems that the fire is but the skirt of the dancer, and the dancer is a mighty god. The vision is overpowering.

As the dancer whirls, she chants in a strange, slow voice, quickening as she goes: Lo! I gather up every spirit that is pure, and weave him into my vesture of flame. I lick up the lives of men, and their souls sparkle from mine eyes. I am the mighty sorceress, the lust of the spirit. And by my dancing I gather for my mother Nuit the heads of all them that are baptised in the waters of life. I am the lust of the spirit that eateth up the soul of man. I have prepared a feast for the adepts, and they that partake thereof shall see God.

(4) Unleashing of the anima: Presentation of the Mennu. [It is this which was imperfectly recited in The Awakening, 1980 film version of The Jewel of Seven Stars]:

Originally Posted By: XXIX Chapter, Book of Opening the Mouth
Your mouth is opened for you, and you speak through it. Your two eyes are opened for you, and you see through them. Your two ears are opened for you, and you hear through them. Your Essence quickens in you by the Great One of Words of Power.

[I do not intend to discuss the Mennu proper, as it is essential to the Working, and I am extremely wary of necromancy even by well-meaning magicians. As is noted in the Temple of Set Reading List, the Book of Opening the Mouth is not something to be casually fooled around with, thank you!]

The atmosphere in the ritual chamber grew chill and was accompanied by increasing sensations of mental distress, fear, and symptoms of physical illness. Theta-feedback, which had appeared to increase gradually during the “reverse” trip, ceased abruptly when these symptoms manifested. Alpha was present, but at lower-than-normal levels. [It would have been interesting to measure Beta, but the monitors were not so equipped.]

The anima-manifestations remained at a high level for several minutes [though a precise record was not kept of elapsed time], then became fainter and ultimately became undetectable. The impression was that of a directional departure rather than of a dissolving or reduction to components.

The working completed, it was then a question of awaiting the results -and, as the Satanic Bible so rightly observes, of not interrupting or distorting the working by premature, interim statements or actions.

The results of the working can be see, by those who are able to see them, in Anthony Summers’ just-published (1985) book Goddess: The Secret Lives of Marilyn Monroe (NY: Macmillan). This is not to imply that the author's discoveries, which commenced the year prior to the third working, were not properly the outcome of his exhaustive and painstaking detective work. Suffice it to say that a great many factors came together in an unprecedented fashion - factors which, while extant earlier, were not available or recognizable in a cohesive pattern. You may call this coincidence if you prefer.

Originally Posted By: Anthony Summers
Today, for the first time, taking all the evidence into account, we can build a scenario for the last days and hours of Marilyn’s life. It seems that for many months she engaged in intermittent sexual encounters with both the President and Robert Kennedy...

Evidence offered by Summers points to a secret trip by RFK to Los Angeles on the day of Marilyn’s death - to emphasize to her that further liaisons could not continue. After he left Brentwood for Peter Lawford’s beach house, the distraught Monroe made repeated calls for help, including to the Lawford house. While it is possible that Kennedy enemies such as Sam Giancana and Jimmy Hoffa may, as Summers delicately puts it, “have played an active role in Marilyn’s last hours”, he judges her death to have been accidental - the result of an underestimated accumulation of barbiturates in her system that day, coupled with a too-large final dose.

As a consequence of Marilyn’s last, semiconscious call to the Lawford house at 10 PM, Summers concludes that either RFK or Lawford - or both - hastened to her house on Fifth Helena Drive, where they found her unconscious:

Originally Posted By: Anthony Summers
Here the evidence that an ambulance was called, albeit fragmentary, becomes pivotal. If the director of the ambulance company is correct, Marilyn was taken from the house still alive. She may have died on arrival at Santa Monica Hospital where, without makeup and swathed in blankets, she may not have been recognized. This author thinks it more likely that Marilyn died before arriving at the hospital - that someone accompanying her, perhaps Robert Kennedy himself, was faced with an awful dilemma.

Marilyn was dead, under circumstances that could spell utter ruin for the Attorney General. Even had he never had an affair with Marilyn -and all the evidence suggests the contrary - for a Kennedy to be found with a dead Marilyn Monroe, even on a legitimate mission of mercy, would have meant certain political disaster. The solution was to return the body to the house in Brentwood, and into the bed from which she had made her last, frantic calls. Now time was needed, above all time to allow Robert Kennedy to slip out of town, time for a cleanup operation at Marilyn’s home. Only when all this had been accomplished did a call go out to Dr. Greenson, who duly came to ‘discover’ the body sometime between 3:30 and 4:00 AM.

I would like to emphasize that Summers’ reconstruction is by no means a “tabloid spectacular”. It is the result of years of investigation, all of which is detailed in the book. He has a great deal more to say than has been recounted here, but for that you should really read the book itself, as it presents the entire investigation in a systematic manner.

Summers’ book impacts like a red-hot poker on the endless accounts of Marilyn’s “suicide” by endless “authority figures” such as coroner Noguchi, L.A. Police Chief Daryl Gates, and even Kenneth Anger (who in his Hollywood Babylon II brushes aside the question of her death, citing Noguchi - and turns to indelicate photography instead). Summers’ book jolted ABC Television’s 20/20, which is working on an MM-death episode to be aired a week or so from now. 20/20 recently hit up Gates for the LAPD records of its 1975 reinvestigation [it seems the original 1962 records were “routinely” destroyed]. This past Monday (9/23/85) the LAPD, spooked by 20/20, released a heavily-censored version of the 1975 records -which a spokesman said would “dispel the ‘speculation, innuendo, and out-and-out lies’ that Monroe was the victim of foul play.” - L.A. Times

This would all be fine - except that Summers’ evidence points to the cover-up being masterminded by the Justice Department in a rare moment of cooperation between RFK and J. Edgar Hoover - who, though disliking one another, shared a common interest in thwarting Jimmy Hoffa’s planned exposé of the RFK/MM connection via his wiretapper Bernard Spindel. A prominent private-eye firm and public-relations agent also seem rather more than casually involved ... with the LAPD bringing up the rear - like Inspector Trout in the Phibes films arriving when the hot stuff was already elsewhere. Nice try, Chief Gates - but it would appear that the White Cat is finally out of the bag.

The purpose of the fourth MM Working (Westwood Memorial Park: M. & L. Aquino, 9/7/85) was to return the anima to rest - 12 years after its first Summoning. For many reasons, details of this working shall remain undisclosed - save to say that it involved a single yellow rosebud.

#44438 - 11/24/10 06:42 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
HeimiricIX Offline
pledge

Loc: Mexico City.
This small message is just to thank you, Dr. Aquino, for sharing this working-information with us outside the ToS, it was a very interesting read and it gave me a few things to study and work with.

Best regards,
X.

#44443 - 11/25/10 01:20 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Yes, thanks for this post Dr. It is an interesting and remarkable one I think.

You and Lilith and the LaVey’s certainly possess(ed) a tremendous gift I think. My understanding of this aspect of magic and the skills of a magician in this area is lacking and in need of further study.

I would have certainly liked to have seen you and LaVey involved in a working together. I am interested in advanced workings, but am not a mindless dabbler.

#44446 - 11/25/10 03:40 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: ]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Having searched lazily over the forums... finding nothing but this on the topic, I'd like to ask a serious question.

What is the definition of "Necromancy", to you, who seem to know something?

Nice piece of history though, and I'm not trying to interrupt the thread at all.

Maybe put it into perspective... a request. Please.

Communication is limited to symbols? Animals having acceptance for certain individuals? Images... No dialogue in human language? One that I might know?

Quoting Crowley's work on the Aethyrs... it's mundane, and insulting. Much respect Dr. Aquino... but that was just fucking awful.

Daeve.

#44462 - 11/25/10 07:26 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: daevid777]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: daevid777
What is the definition of "Necromancy", to you, who seem to know something?

Google it.

Quote:
Quoting Crowley's work on the Aethyrs... it's mundane, and insulting. Much respect Dr. Aquino... but that was just fucking awful.

Liber 418 was a GBM working utilizing the 19th Key, and those Keys in their Elizabethan form were developed by John Dee & Edward Kelly, who were extensively involved in necromancy. Anton LaVey was well aware of this when researching the Keys for inclusion in the SB, though he sensibly omitted all the combinations but LIL* from the 19th. OXO was pertinent to the MM Workings, and the Crowley comment here was not used in any of the Workings proper, but included here simply as one illustration of what the 15th Æthyr can precipitate, that's all. Like the Book of Opening the Mouth, stay away from 19/OXO in GBM. It isn't the kas which are the problem, it's the materia.

As Jake can doubtless attest, Anton was in the habit of making spontaneous magical experiments when the inspiration struck him, and if you happened to be around and he thought you would catalyze rather than inhibit it, you'd get a surprise invitation. That's what happened to me concerning the 2nd MM Working, and it was definitely

* which under the circumstances was pretty hilarious.

#44463 - 11/25/10 08:29 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

I wanted to add some more thoughts because my first post was too brief.

I definitely think that the official version of the Marilyn Monroe death story is wrong or flawed, or a cover up.

MM was far too close to a whole lot of very powerful people Dr., such as the Kennedy’s, the mob, and from what I understand the communists. And I just bet Hoover had something to do with it. He had files on everybody, including the Kennedy’s. I’m not sure how smart MM was really. She tends to come across as this play thing, or puppet of all these powerful people and I think she may have been silenced for some reason – maybe she was going to speak out, or she was perceived as an unpredictable element or a risk for some other reason? I think she may have abused medication, but something still stinks.

In regards to the Book of Opening the Mouth. I am interested in all the level 5 books from the Temples reading list, but have certainly noted the warning label. I bought a book called Egyptian Magic, published by Dover and put together by Wallis Budge and I believe this book may contain the Book of Opening the Mouth. I have an avid interest in these level 5 works, but I like to study them rather than trying to use them in workings. Dr., do you know this Wallis Budge book? Is it a useful one? It seems to be to me.

In regards to necromancy. I realise that my knowledge and practice of magic could be considered to be fairly one - dimensional. I use magic to obtain personal power, or to resolve a situation in my favour, or to bring something about when nothing else will do the job. It is strange and interesting to read about magical workings regarding necromancy.

I am assuming that a great deal of knowledge is required to make this magic work and for it to be done safely. I definitely think that magician’s such as yourself, and LaVey and Crowley are qualified to do it. I am just wondering if you could talk about the sort of training you went through to be able to do this successfully and the sorts of works you and LaVey may have drawn on.

(Would appreciate Jake’s input here as well) Finally, did LaVey and the Church of Satan pursue this sort of magic besides the MM workings? I get the feeling Dr. that a whole body of magical knowledge has been built up and is stored somewhere (tablets of Set?) Did the Church of Satan have a store of magical knowledge as well? And if so, where is it?

I have nothing against the current Church, but they don’t seem to be exploring magical practice and building a store of knowledge. Then again, maybe…

#44464 - 11/25/10 08:46 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino

As Jake can doubtless attest, Anton was in the habit of making spontaneous magical experiments when the inspiration struck him, and if you happened to be around and he thought you would catalyze rather than inhibit it, you'd get a surprise invitation.

LOL! More like a summons or simply... "You know Jake, what I have in mind is..." But yeah... I know what you mean. It was an honor when you realized he would include you in one of his projects, and you had to be open minded, daring and a bit off of your rocker. Thankfully, I was.

I joked with him that I sometimes knew how Jaques Cousteau's son Phillippe felt. "Today, we will dive into the den of the deadly sea anal borers. I will monitor Phillippe's progress on the TV monitor from here on Calypso while he makes his way deeper and deeper into the cave of the anal borers, being careful not to disturb them in the slightest, lest they attack him and use their razor sharp, coiling penises to plant their seed deep with in his anus. Hopefully, we can get a picture of the King Anal Borer in his nest beneath the sea... or a sample of Anal Borer semen from Phillipp'e ass."

#44466 - 11/25/10 10:16 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: daevid777]
Aklo Offline

Quote:

LOL, That's magic for you, man. If it makes an otherwise perfectly rational person roll their eyes up in disgust and foam at the mouth about how awful it is, well, you are in the right neighborhood. I use Crowley material quite a bit, but, to keep your self-respect, I recommend you "unvarnish" and otherwise pee in it to taste.

Originally Posted By: Anton Szandor LaVey
Naturally, there is a reasonable level of possible emotional
response which must be understood when selecting a litany to
he used for ceremonial purposes. A wizard or cultist of 1800
may have thrilled at his words when speaking of "waiting at the
darkness visible, lifting our eyes to that bright Morning Star,
whose rising brings peace and salvation to the faithful and
obedient of the human race." Now he may say, "standing at
the gates of Hell to summon Lucifer, that he might rise and
show himself as the harbinger of balance and truth to a world
grown heavy with the spawn of holy lies," in order to engender
the same emotional response.

#44472 - 11/26/10 03:13 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: Aklo]
Tasman Offline
stranger

Loc: Poland, Gubin
Necromantia is: "the raising of a dead body to life" (Church of Satan, Michael A. Aquino)

Dr. Aquino say:

Quote:
[I do not intend to discuss the Mennu proper, as it is essential to the Working, and I am extremely wary of necromancy even by well-meaning magicians. As is noted in the Temple of Set Reading List, the Book of Opening the Mouth is not something to be casually fooled around with, thank you!]

I wrote to Peggy Nadramia with question about necromancy. She say: "Necromancy is bullshit."

Ok, I understand: this is secret. But with Michael A. Aquino's Church of Satan is ritual of necromancy, who authorship is Dale Seago.

Quote:

Ritual of Necromancy
-by L. Dale Seago III°
August 24, VII/1972

Concern'g ye Com'g Again from ye Dead, and ye Manner of its Accomplishment:

First, it will be necessary to open ye Gate, and to this end ye may employ ye conjuration for ye Summon'g of Spirits which is found herein (as'g ye 13 Steps, which are to be found only in ye Biblica Satanis - This applieth for all these Rituals in ye Booke), leav'g out, however, all things of ye nature of Threats!, or Forcible Inducements, which wou'd vex me exceed'gly, see'g I ma yr Brother in Satan, which is ye modern name of ye Gr. Old One who shall cause ye Gate to be Op'd.

Ye employment of ye 11th Key in this Rite will establish for me a substenance beyond ye Grave and enable me to work and manifest upon this Plane. And I appear not visibly upon ye Summon'g, repeat ye Conjuration till thou hast said it thrice, and entreat me in ye Name of Him who rulest this World, and by ye Great Love which is between us always, to appear. And if I still appear not visibly, no matter, for ye shal feel me presence among ye, and verily I shal be with ye. (...)

What with this ritual? It work?

#44473 - 11/26/10 04:38 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: Tasman]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
A side note question...

If I had used Necromancy to bring back to life my kitty who died in my arms about a week ago, would it be a living cat or kinda like a zombie? Are they ever the same once you bring them back? I was too emotionally upset to even think of this option, which I am sure I have the recipe for someplace in my library.

Dr. Aquino, thank you for sharing that about MM. I have special affinity, place in my heart for her. It sounds like it must have been an amazing experience.

M.

#44478 - 11/26/10 01:32 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: Tasman]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Tasman
What with this ritual? It work?

No, that was just Dale hav'g some funne with H.P. Lovecraft's 18th-cent. writ'g style

#44480 - 11/26/10 02:34 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: Morgan]
Aklo Offline

Hi Morgan, sorry to hear about your loss.

Quote:
If I had used Necromancy to bring back to life my kitty who died in my arms about a week ago, would it be a living cat or kinda like a zombie?

Assuming you are sane, neither. "Necromancy" involves tapping into the left-over "energy" (mental constructs) that were focused on the departed. The result you would get would likely be in the form of a "ghost" (dream or vision) or else "synchronicity" (a meaningful coincidence like the white cat in Dr. Aquino's story and/or the information about Marilyn which he attributes as the final result of the spell.)

In general, ghosts aren't the actual person who has gone on so much as this left-over energy expressing itself in various spooky ways. Often enough it is associated with particular places and may involve real electrochemical impressions made on those areas and then reinforced by the emotional experiences of people encountering them.

Reincarnation is a more useful model, but I won't yammer on about it here except to say that if you did such a spell with that model in mind, what you might be lucky enough to get is another kitty or loved one who started up about where yours had left off.

#44498 - 11/28/10 04:28 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Dr. Aquino, and others,

I guess what I meant was misconstrued... possibly.

I dig on Crowley. I'm not a real "Follower" of Anton LaVey. I think it's wonderful what he did (hell, we can't discount that!), and what he attempted to do as well.

Kas, materia... is this the Khabs, the Ku? New terminology...

Nonetheless, I see a synthesis with Satanism as "I" see it, and Crowley's Thelema. I just don't like it when people who discredit Crowley, have no problem with hijacking his workings... The last so many pages of the SB... I was a great fan up until then. "Don't even read the last pages... it's just bullshit" That's my advice to anyone who reads it.

That's what I meant, Aklo (?) when I meant "Mundane"... I didn't mean Crowley. I used the word inappropriately, sorry. Most around here are simply "Atheists"... and that's cool. Some are "Atheists with a Role Model"... and that's cool too.

I think some people want more, to find out more... I'm in that category. And I know enough to know I could go quite insane... but, no risk, no gain. I can only change myself now, my only magick is ME. Sounds arrogant, but it's really not. I just know I'm at that place.

Morgan, if you do read this crap of mine, I'm so sorry. I was at a place in time, wanting so bad to bring back... I would have done anything.

Yeah.... Soo....

#44499 - 11/28/10 04:44 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: daevid777]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I understand Daevid, I understand.

hugs

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.034 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.