Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#44500 - 11/28/10 10:27 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: Morgan]
Tasman Offline
stranger

Loc: Poland, Gubin
 Originally Posted By: Aklo

In general, ghosts aren't the actual person who has gone on so much as this left-over energy expressing itself in various spooky ways. Often enough it is associated with particular places and may involve real electrochemical impressions made on those areas and then reinforced by the emotional experiences of people encountering them.

Originally Posted By: Dr.Anton LaVey, The Devil's Notebook, "How to Become a Werewolf"

Everyone has at some time or other wandered into an area of such foreboding that it is felt that someone or something is
lurking in the shadows, watching, ready to spring and devour. Perhaps it was a deserted house, perhaps a lonely path through
the trees, possibly an abandoned quarry. In many cases it is known or discovered that such areas have witnessed death of an
unexpected or unusual nature, or perhaps mayhem, rape, or other violence. All actions involving intense or increased
production of adrenaline on the part of either victim or perpetrator (lust, terror, aggression, defense, etc.) is followed by
detumescence in the form of varying degrees of receptivity (shock, total submission, unconsciousness, death, etc.)

The raising of a dead body to life is danger? Why?

Dear Dr. Aquino: I am interested in advanced workings. How I can examine Necromancy? Where look for?

#44502 - 11/28/10 01:41 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: Tasman]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Tasman
 Originally Posted By: Aklo
In general, ghosts aren't the actual person who has gone on so much as this left-over energy expressing itself in various spooky ways. Often enough it is associated with particular places and may involve real electrochemical impressions made on those areas and then reinforced by the emotional experiences of people encountering them.

Originally Posted By: Dr.Anton LaVey, The Devil's Notebook, "How to Become a Werewolf"
Everyone has at some time or other wandered into an area of such foreboding that it is felt that someone or something is lurking in the shadows, watching, ready to spring and devour. Perhaps it was a deserted house, perhaps a lonely path through the trees, possibly an abandoned quarry. In many cases it is known or discovered that such areas have witnessed death of an unexpected or unusual nature, or perhaps mayhem, rape, or other violence. All actions involving intense or increased production of adrenaline on the part of either victim or perpetrator (lust, terror, aggression, defense, etc.) is followed by detumescence in the form of varying degrees of receptivity (shock, total submission, unconsciousness, death, etc.)

Correct, and see this.

The raising of a dead body to life is danger? Why?

Um, this will give you the general idea.

Dear Dr. Aquino: I am interested in advanced workings. How I can examine Necromancy? Where look for?

Trust me: No you aren't, don't, and be glad I'm not telling you.

#44505 - 11/28/10 02:50 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Necromancy, ghosts, zombies - oh my!

Seriously? *sigh*

"Sometimes, dead is better."

I heard that one time some dude was crucified but came back to life after 3 days. There is a book about it.

#44516 - 11/29/10 03:28 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
A post that leads to a post, linked to another post, that explains the post in the quote that was in a quote, that was quoted by someone else who posted something somewhere that had something to do with the post that was or wasn't originally posted...

Yeah... it makes perfect sense.

I guess I need to work on my low attention span, which I never had before... but in this case, it's just ridiculous.

I'm not on the Midnight Madness treasure hunt for Fagabeefee...

#44526 - 11/29/10 02:39 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: daevid777]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: daevid777
A post that leads to a post, linked to another post, that explains the post in the quote that was in a quote, that was quoted by someone else who posted something somewhere that had something to do with the post that was or wasn't originally posted... Yeah... it makes perfect sense.

It does?

This thread began as a simple question about the MM Working (#2), which I answered with the later Runes article, that's all. Somehow the thread lurched on into a Night of the Living Dead caper, which is only fun up to a point.

In the early/carefree days of the Church of Satan, Diane LaVey once had some fun cooking up a leg of lamb and serving it, with appropriate "carefully screened invitations" and due drama, as "long pig" (e.g. human being). That was before my time, but the LaVeys later told me all the SFPD grief that resulted from it, with the cops finally satisfied that the Church wasn't emulating the Trench sisters.

Originally Posted By: Burton Wolfe, The Black Pope
I remind you that this is Anton’s story of the lecture on cannibalism. Diane told me the details as I wrote them for publication were correct. That was in 1974. Now she claims that stories told by her and Anton were fabrications. Whether or not the cannibalism story is one of those I cannot possibly know because Diane is no longer willing to talk to me, if she became willing to do so it would make no difference because it is impossible to determine when she is being truthful and when she is lying, and I do not know of anyone else who attended the lecture and is still alive.

Here, from Anton’s and Diane’s account as it appeared in The Devil’s Avenger, is the way that Anton’s lecture on cannibalism was “illustrated”: by practicing it (sort of).

The main course for the meal was supplied by a Berkeley physician attending the Friday night seminars. It consisted of the upper thigh of a white American female, aged forty-two, who had died in an East San Francisco Bay hospital. She had been biopsied by the Berkeley physician [who supplied the thigh]. Diane…was chosen chef. She basted the flesh in fruit juices, Triple Sec, and grenadine; and served it with fried bananas and yams, just as the Fiji Islanders once prepared their puaka balava (“long pig,” their name for the meat of humans). Diane served the dish with Tonka bean wine and caterpillars. The participants who shared the meal after Anton’s midnight seminar [more accurately Friday night lecture] agreed that it tasted like a cross between pork and lamb: saltier than lamb, sweeter than pork, not as tender as lamb, rather tightly fibered like pork chops.

I asked Anton and Diane to name names. They put me off, arguing that revealing the names would jeopardize the positions of everyone at the hospital involved. I should have countered that argument by assuring them I would keep the names confidential. But, as I explained in my introduction, we had become close friends. It occurred to me that they would construe my insistence on checking out their story as distrust of them. So, I let it go. Mea culpa. That was a mistake I would not repeat today. I deeply regret it, because now there seems to be no way of determining whether or not the story, as well as some of the others among the Anton-Diane tales, is true.

[One note of interest: According to John Elphinstone Erskine, in his book Journal of a Cruise Among the Islands of the Western Pacific (1853), the literal translation of puaka balava is “long pig,” but at least in the way the Fiji Islander cannibals used the term, it meant “human body.”]

So unless you want someone digging up graves and saying, "Yeah, I learned how to do this on the 600 Club!", you've got to cool things down a bit.

#44532 - 11/29/10 09:28 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Aklo Offline

Quote:
the literal translation of puaka balava is “long pig,” but at least in the way the Fiji Islander cannibals used the term, it meant “human body.”

Mmmm, vittles. Supposedly back in the days of the cargo cults, one of the corporations noticed that the Solomon Islanders and other Melanesian ethnos had an inordinate liking for canned spam. When asked about it, a chief explained that "it was the only way to get missionary now".

Or something like that \:\)

------

Quote:
Somehow the thread lurched on

It's because we seem to be dealing with a confusion between Necromancy and Zuvembi. Ritual Magic, powerful as it is, won't reanimate rotting corpses in the physical world, sorry.

For the record, zombies are a wicked piece of misdirection. What you do is, you pick someone out, someone strong that you don't like. You catch a blowfish, and extract the poison by one of any number of means, which I won't detail. Then you poison the selected victim with it. He appears to die, and is mourned and buried by his relatives. You dig him up quickly, and give him a nice shot of adrenaline or similar stimulant. He isn't really dead, just in extreme catatonia which can be fixed. What can't be fixed is the severe injury to his frontal lobes. He can no longer think for himself, and is essentially a beast of burden. Wave your wand, send him out to menace the countryside, make him plow your fields etc.

Quote:
Yeah, I learned how to do this on the 600 Club!

None of this is to be confused with Nigromancy, which is what we are supposed to be doing here. Take your dark weird energy wherever you can get it; but don't be deluded into thinking it is something other than fuel.

#44584 - 12/03/10 07:57 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
People are insane...

No helping them... I understand though.

You have a better conscience than I... and a very twisted sense of humour...

Unfortunately, I find myself actually liking it...

Dealing with Necromancy... I've had enough dreams, not always good.... it makes me weary, and wary...

My cat, McNabbs... (All In The Family Neighbors), hadn't seen him in a few days... he came back... covered in oil... petroleum shit, all gunked up... I gave him a bath in my basement bathtub... he's so strong... I held him in the warm water... but I could feel his muscles... under the fur... he could have scratched the fuck out of me... very sweet kitty... he didn't hurt me at all. The water turned brown... instantly... Dawn soap bubble bath...

My house is cold, my teeth are gold, I wear a hat that's old, I have a bird I like to hold... My hat is old, my teeth are gold, and now my story is all told....

My cat is looking sharp and shiny though... No one fucks with my kitties... even if they live outdoors...

Thread started with the title of "Necromancy". Maybe that was a bad choice. Crowley "sacrificed" a child...

I'm cool.

Daeve.

#44624 - 12/05/10 03:15 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: daevid777]
Master Magick Offline
pledge

Loc: New York, USA
I wanted to add my thanks to Michael Aquino for posting the MM working information. Curious, what is your feeling after a time to the actual 'success' of the working(s) themselves (you mentioned you would have liked beta recording capability for example) and did anyone else involved share their thoughts with you afterwards?

@Morgan sorry to hear about kitty, we lost ours of 19 years not long ago ...

#52295 - 04/06/11 02:58 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: Morgan]
ofwolves Offline
stranger

Loc: WERE I GO IS MY PLACE
(random thoughts)
Have any of you read Liber Falxifer it is a wonderfull insigt to the necrosophic currents. I think if the body is an empty shel why not fill it with the flow of another who wants to return where is the harm there evrybody is hapy. they started to produce copies again i think there are a few left.

personaly i think the dead sould rest, if you were to be able to channel natural energy to the dead and reinstate some form of life thats something different, and if you could manage a conciousness without a true being operating the intarnal workings of the Husk then you are legendary.
I think the greeks had workings on the matter if anyone knows my ears are open

#52310 - 04/06/11 05:16 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: ofwolves]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Think you've been following the advice in your signature a bit too often.

Necromancy is an incredibly rich wellspring of tradition and occult praxis. Necromantic practices are not bound to any particular religion or "belief", as they are nearly hardwired into our cultural subconscious.

Falxifer is an interesting insight into afro-hispanic-american folk sorcery with some qliphotic Satan-y bits thrown in for taste, but speculating on the ultimate nature of consciousness is different matter entirely.

Personally, it seems futile to me to speculate on the idea of consciousness outside the body, unless you can come up with a genuinely novel explanation of a mechanism that would allow this, outside of the vague "life energy" notion that we've been tossing around for millenia.

#55687 - 06/11/11 04:14 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: The Zebu]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Michael A.Aquino:

Quote:
Liber 418 was a GBM working utilizing the 19th Key, and those Keys in their Elizabethan form were developed by John Dee & Edward Kelly, who were extensively involved in necromancy.

Can you provide a reference for the latter claim?

The Zebu:

Quote:
[Liber] Falxifer is an interesting insight into afro-hispanic-american folk sorcery with some qliphotic Satan-y bits thrown in for taste, but speculating on the ultimate nature of consciousness is different matter entirely.

Oy vey. I realize that virtually all magicians and "keepers of dark knowledge" are morons, but come on.

Since I've recently been on a roll of assailing dog Latin and its vessels anyway (occultniks, consider yourselves warned), I might as well express my weary amusement that "N.A-A.218" couldn't be bothered to check that the title of his own book was correct before publishing it. Not only did he fail to render "Falxifer" into the genitive case, but the word itself is a butchered agglutination of falx ("sickle") and ferre ("to bear"). In plain language, falx should have been rendered into the genitive falcis—as can be seen on the website of a savvier necromancer—prior to agglutination. (Indeed, what may be most humorous is that, since both falx and lux are third-declension nouns ending in x, the author already had an exact model in the compound word lucifer!) A dash of salt, a second-declension genitive ending, a quick stir, and voila: Liber Falciferi.

Z.

#55810 - 06/13/11 09:26 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: Zophos]
Dialectical Offline
Banned Troll
stranger

I just read that website, Zophos. It was a lot like a RPG.
#55813 - 06/13/11 10:17 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: Dialectical]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
I'm aware. I was pointing out the fact that its creator at least had the knowledge or common sense to be sure that he was correct on basic points of Latin.

Z.

#55818 - 06/14/11 01:05 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: Zophos]
Dialectical Offline
Banned Troll
stranger

I'm also aware of what you were doing. 1) I'm perceptive 2) It's not that difficult to understand 3) Your comments to the supposed founder of South African whatever was one of the first posts that I read a couple of days ago.

Zophos, are you a strict materialist or do you believe that some rituals work and there are no developed models or theories to explain why? If the latter is true, I'm curious to what you find is "real magic."

#55850 - 06/14/11 07:38 PM Re: Necromancy [Re: Zophos]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Yeah, reminds me of some of my more recent rants about the ONA's (mis)use of Latin. Classical tongues are REAL LANGUAGES, not Enochian gobbledygook that means whatever you want it to. (*Waits to be assaulted by Dee fanboys insisting on the linguistic integrity of Enochian). I'm just glad that somebody else is as anal about it as I am.

Quote:
Liber 418 was a GBM working utilizing the 19th Key, and those Keys in their Elizabethan form were developed by John Dee & Edward Kelly, who were extensively involved in necromancy.

Dee was undoubtedly familiar with necromancy and possessed numerous books and grimoires on the subject. But whether or not Dee actually practiced it or not, seems unlikely, as the man had a lofty, sanctimonious view of magic, always sure to follow the angel's instructions that he didn't dare use "evil arts". Overtly necromantic books that have been ascribed to him, such as the Libellus Veneri Nigro Sacer, are arguably psuedonymous.

Kelly, on the other hand, may have, believably, practiced the dark arts, not being restrained by the piety of his one-time associate. In any case, I seriously doubt that their Enochian practices resembled Crowley's work in the slightest.

Edited by The Zebu (06/14/11 07:41 PM)

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.