Page 1 of 19 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#44422 - 11/23/10 11:00 AM Veganism; It could kill you.
Dutch Satanist Offline
pledge

Loc: Delft, The Netherlands
You know them. Those people who refuse to consume meat, milk and eggs, because they are produced by and from animals. These bipedal brontosaurs think veganism is the best thing since sliced bread, even though they are forgetting that humans are omnivores and require animal protein. They wish not to kill for their food, but they are not realizing that everyone needs to exterminate life in order to sustain oneself.

Fortunately, some people come to their senses like this vegan woman, who was plagued with several malnutrition-related ailments, until her doctor recommended she started to eat meat again. Guess what, her health returned when she went back to an omnivorous diet.

Story here: http://voraciouseats.com/2010/11/19/a-vegan-no-more/

The story in itself is interesting, but what I also find interesting are the comments on that blog post. Pay special attention to posts from frothing vegans that go into defense-mode.

#44423 - 11/23/10 11:20 AM Re: Veganism; It could kill you. [Re: Dutch Satanist]
Dutch Satanist Offline
pledge

Hm, seems all the negative comments are suddenly gone... They were there a moment ago!

EDIT: Never mind, the bitching starts somewhere further in the comments.

Edited by Dutch Satanist (11/23/10 11:22 AM)

#44424 - 11/23/10 11:27 AM Re: Veganism; It could kill you. [Re: Dutch Satanist]
Jake999 Offline

Here's some simple logic.

Lions, tigers, wolves, meat eating creatures... THE HUNTERS.
Cows, grazing animals, plant eating creatures... THE HUNTED.

When we want to build lean muscle mass... think of the bodies of atheletes from boxers to sprinters... we eat PROTEIN. Meaty, power producing substances.

When we want to build larger bodies, such as cattle and sheep for slaughter, we use vegetable matter.

Were I in the business of controlling, I would feed my nations bread, while I fed my soldiers meats.

#44425 - 11/23/10 11:49 AM Re: Veganism; It could kill you. [Re: Jake999]
Dutch Satanist Offline
pledge

Oh, I am a total omnivore, and I know what you are getting at, and I agree.

To thrive, our biology is such that we do need animal protein. It's all about the B12, which we can't synthesize (yet). So, any B12 out there comes from animals. And vegans take these in supplements or else they wither away, and they know it. What does that make them? Hypocrites.

What disturbs me about some vegans is that their approach is almost fundamentalist. It's like a damn religion.

#44426 - 11/23/10 12:11 PM Re: Veganism; It could kill you. [Re: Dutch Satanist]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I read that the other day, and what happened to her in regards to her deteriorating health is what happens to vegans all the time. Their self-righteousness is what's killing them, as surely as abstaining from all and any animal products.

People were actually sending her death threats because of her finally waking the fuck up to her poor diet and eating meat again.

Vegans = Religious fundamentalists + Environmentalists

A pretty scary combination. These are the kind of people who try to blow up whaling ships, even though they (the pirates) are violating every nautical and international law on the books by doing so.

I just can't understand the mental brainwashing it must take, to regard meat as "disgusting" and "unhealthy".

#44428 - 11/23/10 01:53 PM Re: Veganism; It could kill you. [Re: Nemesis]
Autodidact Offline

Originally Posted By: Nemesis
Their self-righteousness is what's killing them, as surely as abstaining from all and any animal products.

Neologism: autodarwinian

I just can't understand the mental brainwashing it must take, to regard meat as "disgusting" and "unhealthy".

It's the same brainwashing as everything else - the actual details of the new mode of thinking are not material. People are easy to reprogram. (AAMOF, I just located a copy of Perry London's 'Behavior Control' ...)

So easy, in fact, that sometimes I wonder about the future of the species. If we went out now, we'd be far, far less successful than Neanderthal man.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Satanism turned out to be the savior of mankind?

#44430 - 11/23/10 03:18 PM Re: Veganism; It could kill you. [Re: Autodidact]
Dutch Satanist Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Autodidact

So easy, in fact, that sometimes I wonder about the future of the species. If we went out now, we'd be far, far less successful than Neanderthal man.

Heh, I wonder how much of humanity would survive if suddenly all power went out globally. I think that many in the so-called developed countries would starve to death. Mainly because they don't know basic things like how to create fire, hunt and/or butcher meat. Technology is nice, but over-reliance on it could be detrimental in a situation like that.

I think the skinny malnourished vegans might be the first to go. Especially in winter time. Natural selection at its finest.

Originally Posted By: Autodidact

Wouldn't it be ironic if Satanism turned out to be the savior of mankind?

Indeed. \:\)

#44440 - 11/24/10 08:33 PM Re: Veganism; It could kill you. [Re: Dutch Satanist]
XBlackXScorpionX Offline
stranger

Loc: Arizona
I take joy in eating a wide assortment of things. Seems short sighted to not responsibly enjoy everything ya' can.

Originally Posted By: Dutch Satanist
Heh, I wonder how much of humanity would survive if suddenly all power went out globally. I think that many in the so-called developed countries would starve to death. Mainly because they don't know basic things like how to create fire, hunt and/or butcher meat. Technology is nice, but over-reliance on it could be detrimental in a situation like that.

I think the skinny malnourished vegans might be the first to go. Especially in winter time. Natural selection at its finest.

I have several vegan friends who have admitted to me that they'd need to get back on "the meat" if society decided to crumble.

#44442 - 11/25/10 12:05 AM Re: Veganism; It could kill you. [Re: XBlackXScorpionX]
mountaingoat Offline

Loc: Colorado
I foolishly tried vegetarianism and briefly veganism for a brief period as a "health" measure. When I reintroduced meat to my diet, my health improved in days. I am a hunter and a firm believer in the high fat, moderate protein and low carb diet. I am also a firm believer that people need to understand their place in the food chain and actively participate. Herbivores can only participate in one way. And being eaten is a fairly passive means of participation...

-John Fowles

#44757 - 12/08/10 07:38 PM Re: Veganism; It could kill you. [Re: Dutch Satanist]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
I don't kill or eat mammals on sympathetic principle, and I am trying to work my way out of birds since I like them too. Fish are out of luck; I must have entrenched Gollum in my DNA.

Nevertheless I think that a properly-balanced vegetarian diet is better for people than a carnivore one, in part because of the unhealthy way that many food-animals are raised and "processed".

However I have what I maintain is an ideal solution to this issue: eat insects. They're much cleaner and more nourishing than raised-food animals. There are plenty of them, and plenty varieties of them. Also they eat us all the time - fleas, mosquitoes, bedbugs, et al. while we're animate, and maggots when we're not. Seems only poetic justice.

Also global-warming is leading to serious overinsectization, with only a few years left before anything with less than six legs is extinct. Our only hope is to start eating them faster than they can eat us. You have all been warned!

#44770 - 12/09/10 04:59 AM Re: Veganism; It could kill you. [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
I agree... (and Veganism vs. Vegetariansim means a whole lot)

I think most fish have a chance... unless farm raised, and I try not to eat them.

Otherwise, the meat industry... the Jungle... I'm thinking of going back to vegetarianism... or pescatarianism... whatever it's called.

I might eat some deer meat... but not if it was just done in by some sniper in a tree... run! And kill it clean... A real hunter... hunt... don't just sit there with deer piss on you... get a spear, and a good sharp knife, bullets too, but make it right, clean shot. Hunt a male bear with only a knife... I'd have so much respect, and you can have that skin in your den. And you should be proud.

Insects! Totally. But, how do they taste? I was talking to my kids about this, my son loves chocolate. I wondered if he'd eat a chocolate covered ant, or grasshopper... he didn't give me an answer.

I think the way to overcome the insect thing... is "Prawns"... yeah, we call them "shrimp"... but when you see people eat these things heads and all... on "Chopped" or "Iron Chef", and say "it's okay, it's gourmet food"... it's not. It's an animal with an exoskeleton, much like many insects... very much like an arachnid species... looks like an underwater scorpion, spider...

I read that the average human "accidentally" consumes about 6 spiders each year...

Didn't hurt you. Easier to go down than that fly in my wine...

I'd fry them up... but it's gotta be a great sauce...

#44772 - 12/09/10 05:18 AM Re: Veganism; It could kill you. [Re: daevid777]
Jake999 Offline

Well, bugs can be eaten and taste pretty damned good if the "chef" knows how to season them well. When I was TDY (temporary duty), attached to the Rangers, we went into the field and ate what they ate. One dish was "ranger stew," which consisted of anything you could find that was edible in 30 minutes within 500 feet of the cook pot.

You would be surprised how many critters you can find under rocks, hanging on trees, etc. Some of the Rangers even knew which barks and leaves would be good for seasoning, and one caught a small rabbit, so we actually had some meat in it as well.

There was an old "hard sarge" who spent about an hour stirring the pot and the spiders and snails and grubs and rabbit and all other creepy crawlies miraculously became RANGER STEW. Hot out of the pot, it had a taste all its own, but not all that bad.

#44780 - 12/09/10 10:14 AM Re: Veganism; It could kill you. [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
 Quote:
Nevertheless I think that a properly-balanced vegetarian diet is better for people than a carnivore one, in part because of the unhealthy way that many food-animals are raised and "processed".

You are aware that there is a growing demand for naturally-raised, grass-fed meat, aren't you? These animals allowed to roam pastures, aren't shipped off to some processing plant where they will spend their last few days of life in sheer terror. Most often, a mobile butcher will come by a farm, shoot the animal right there, and butcher it on site. The cow or lamb will have had minimal stress and will have felt no pain. It wouldn't have been shocked to paralyze it before slaughter, nor forced to wallow in its own excrement. And if you live in the city or suburbs, without a farm within 100 miles, you can always have meat shipped to you.

Sorry, but the standard "vegetarian" excuse for not including meat in your diet has become obsolete. Support your local farmer and don't deprive your body of quality protein. Crop monoculture (which enables the vegetarian lifestyle to be available to a wider range of people and keep prices low) is just as unnatural as gigantic slaughterhouses are for animals. It's also terrible for the land in the long run, growing the same crop year in, year out.

http://www.eatwild.com/

#44788 - 12/09/10 02:06 PM Re: Veganism; It could kill you. [Re: Nemesis]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
You are aware that there is a growing demand for naturally-raised, grass-fed meat, aren't you? These animals allowed to roam pastures, aren't shipped off to some processing plant where they will spend their last few days of life in sheer terror. Most often, a mobile butcher will come by a farm, shoot the animal right there, and butcher it on site. The cow or lamb will have had minimal stress and will have felt no pain. It wouldn't have been shocked to paralyze it before slaughter, nor forced to wallow in its own excrement. And if you live in the city or suburbs, without a farm within 100 miles, you can always have meat shipped to you.

Sorry, but the standard "vegetarian" excuse for not including meat in your diet has become obsolete.

No, it hasn't actually. [Lilith and I are longtime IDA supporters, and it has its finger very actively on this pulse.]

I would have no objection to your eating fresh wolverine, bobcat, or Grizzly as long as you kill it personally with a knife. I mean, you should have at least some opportunities. Or you could go for a nice jog around Loch Ness ...

#44791 - 12/09/10 03:18 PM Re: Veganism; It could kill you. [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

Balance... everything in balance.

Notice the modest portion of steak, delicately balanced with the massive veggie portion. Yes, you to can be a Carnivegitarian, like me. Just moderate your meat intake and balance it thusly.

Eat beef... otherwise the animals think you don't like 'em.

Page 1 of 19 12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.