Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#44471 - 11/26/10 02:25 AM Temple of Set "Black Magic" Available
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
At the beginning of the Crystal Tablet of Set, the initial volume of the Jeweled Tablets of Set document collections provided to Setians I is my introductory essay "Black Magic" - sort of a simple, condensed overview of the Setian philosophy & initiatory system. The CT is in a constant state of updating, and when I recently tweaked "BM", I took a look around the Internet and was somewhat startled by the number of old, obsolete, inaccurate, & incomplete pirated versions floating around, many of which people are apparently trying to sell.

So I decided to just go ahead and put "BM" on my webpage for anyone who wants to to freely download. If you're interested, be my guest.

This one also has the Temple of Set Reading List [as of the time I stopped personally editing it] attached, since numerous books from it are referenced throughout the text.

Over the years I have often been asked whether I would be writing something like a "Setian Bible" in the fashion of the SB and the various "witches' bibles" that have periodically appeared. Nope, and I think "BM" probably exemplifies why not ... and this is just the "starting gate". ;\)

Enjoy!

#44474 - 11/26/10 09:47 AM Re: Temple of Set "Black Magic" Available [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Opacus Offline
stranger

Loc: Hell
Dr. Aquino,
Thanks for this.

Outside of the C/S writings (primarily Dr. LaVey's) I have never really gotten too much out of most "occult" writings.

But _BM_ is an exception. I think it should be required reading for the New Age crowd who would do well to pay attention to the OU/SU section. This is one thing they don't seem to get.

O.

#44475 - 11/26/10 11:27 AM Re: Temple of Set "Black Magic" Available [Re: Opacus]
HeimiricIX Offline
pledge

Loc: Mexico City.
Thank you Dr. Aquino but I must say that I don't understand why give updated information, I know you are probably trying to prevent the sale of outdated one but whatever happens outside the ToS as regarding information is really that important? Whoever wants the real thing will look for it's way into the ToS right?

I have mixed feelings because since I am not a member of the ToS this is the only way I gain access currently to this information (for I am not a fan of anything pirated), however as someone currently active looking for membership I say well, I could have earn it.

Never mind my mumbling. Thanks for the gift.

Best

#44486 - 11/26/10 04:48 PM Re: Temple of Set "Black Magic" Available [Re: HeimiricIX]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Thank you so much for donating this, Dr Aquino. I shall enjoy reading it.

#44487 - 11/26/10 05:41 PM Re: Temple of Set "Black Magic" Available [Re: HeimiricIX]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: HeimiricIX
Thank you Dr. Aquino but I must say that I don't understand why give updated information, I know you are probably trying to prevent the sale of outdated one but whatever happens outside the ToS as regarding information is really that important? Whoever wants the real thing will look for it's way into the ToS right?

My concern is not a monetary thing; none of my writings have been done for sale. My principal dissatisfaction with the pirated stuff is that it's older & not as polished, and in some cases also inaccurate or incomplete.

Quote:
I have mixed feelings because since I am not a member of the ToS this is the only way I gain access currently to this information (for I am not a fan of anything pirated), however as someone currently active looking for membership I say well, I could have earn it.

We don't look at the Temple of Set as something "earnable", but rather as a "toolbox" (in which Black Magic is just the first tool a new Setian sees lying on top of the other stuff). That's why it doesn't conclude with "The End". ;\)

#44494 - 11/27/10 01:42 PM Re: Temple of Set "Black Magic" Available [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
HeimiricIX Offline
pledge

Loc: Mexico City.
 Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
We don't look at the Temple of Set as something "earnable", but rather as a "toolbox" (in which Black Magic is just the first tool a new Setian sees lying on top of the other stuff). That's why it doesn't conclude with "The End". ;\)

I see and understand. Thanks again for this gift, it is a very interesting (and hopefully useful) read.

Best.

#44525 - 11/29/10 01:41 PM Re: Temple of Set "Black Magic" Available [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
Thank you Dr. Aquino!

I've actually wanted to read this work for quite some time.

#44529 - 11/29/10 08:58 PM Re: Temple of Set "Black Magic" Available [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Yes, thank you Dr. Aquino for making this available.

I had found a copy on another site, but didn't feel very comfortable reading this unauthorised version.

The addition of the reading list is good as well. As an aside I am currently reading Merritt's book from 1928 and am enjoying it a great deal. There is a lot to think about.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.